Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worth_the_wait

Moaning fans

My mate who sits in the West Stand block A1, says there are a pair of miserable blokes who still spend all their time moaning at everyone and everything ... even though we might be watching the finest team in the history of football!

Bad luck to be sat that close to them I suppose, and I'm lucky that where I sit, no one like that is within earshot.

But FFS, what is there to moan about?

• Like 1

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

My mate who sits in the West Stand block A1, says there are a pair of miserable blokes who still spend all their time moaning at everyone and everything ... even though we might be watching the finest team in the history of football!

Bad luck to be sat that close to them I suppose, and I'm lucky that where I sit, no one like that is within earshot.

They haven't swapped the Kop and the family stand yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I've got mates who do it. Winds me right up. Always the same players they get on at. A couple of them still don't rate Ndidi lol bellends

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm so happy this season, guys that used to have the 2 seats next to me used to slag off everyone and hated everything we did. Moaning that we defended too much and weren't going to win anything playing like this 2 months before the title season ended. Because that's when they started to bother turning up. 

Constant jokes about mahrez not being worth 50p let alone 50 million which nobody found funny any of the 8000 times a game they would say it. 

The team was awful only Maguire was a good player the last couple of years. Vardy was past it schmeichel... never rated him. 

Used to infuriate me no end. Thank god they didn't renew. 

New guy and his lad are sound though, talks tactics to his lad and explains why players do things. It's a been a complete 180 experience.  Plus we're second playing unreal football. I'm probably dead. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

You do wonder why some people go to football matches. They just seem to hate being there. Not in a way that is dictated by the result or performance, but nothing is good enough. I remember one bloke a few seats down moaning constantly about everything and didn't even celebrate when we scored. 

Of course you'll have people who moan when the game isn't going well but some just baffle you as to what they actually want from the experience.

30 or so years ago, Desmond Morris brought out a book called The Football Tribe, I think.

It was a sort of sociological analysis of the game, rather than anything specific about football clubs.

I think he categorised every football fan as being in one of 15 or so different groups.

And one of them was basically the moaners who look at football as therapy for their miserable life, and are happiest when everything is going badly so they can say "told you so".   But aren't really ever happy.   Even when everything is perfect.   Good or bad, whichever way they want it!

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, worth_the_wait said:

30 or so years ago, Desmond Morris brought out a book called The Football Tribe, I think.

It was a sort of sociological analysis of the game, rather than anything specific about football clubs.

I think he categorised every football fan as being in one of 15 or so different groups.

And one of them was basically the moaners who look at football as therapy for their miserable life, and are happiest when everything is going badly so they can say "told you so".   But aren't really ever happy.   Even when everything is perfect.   Good or bad, whichever way they want it!

Arsenal fans you mean.

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I think that's true in life generally rather than just football.

People who constantly moan about everything have no place in and around my life.

Admittedly, football brings out my moany side more than anything else but I'm pretty good (now in middle age) at keeping perspective.

32 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Pies, the pies are awful mate.