Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worth_the_wait

Moaning fans

3 hours ago, Guesty said:

There's some bloke near me who hates Chilwell. Just abuses him all game with such anger it's wierd - like he's got some repressed feelings for him he can't quite come to terms with.

If it's not him, it's just constant angry moaning. Seems to think he's an expert, yet it's never crossed his mind no-one ever agrees with him - not even his friends.

Went mental when Kelechi was brought on yesterday - couldn't work out if I was happy or sad he left 5 mins before the end.

What’s wrong with you? Who doesn’t enjoy the odd moan now and again?

Its not me btw 😝🦊

I think we all have the odd moan now and again when things are not quite going to plan (not so long ago that was for a whole decade). I will admit that I myself have been known to mutter the odd discontent but I also give credit where its due, and as long as a player (or the team as a collective) is putting in the effort, even if things are not going well, I will not criticise or moan. I many groan at missed chances, goals/fouls conceded etc but that is only natural.

We just have to accept that in any gathering of 30,000+people there will be the whole gamut of humanity represented, and unfortunately that will include a fair few idiots, Neanderthals and the terminally negative ones.

Regardless of which team is followed, being a football fan is a roller of emotions, that is why we love the game, but I really do not see why those who feel the need to constantly gripe, moan and criticise their own bother in the first place.

I too used to sit near a woman in the old members stand at filbert street who did nothing but criticise our own players, and, on one occasion when I brought a couple of relatives from Newcastle to a match, continually bad mouthed and shouted abuse at me and my guests (including a youngster). We really do not need these boo boys and abusers. we are there, supposedly, to support our boys after all.

Bloke sits behind me and slates perez every 2 seconds... yesterday he wrote him off chasing down a ball before it was even played, so I now passive aggressively applaud and big up Perez everytime he does anything 😂

Edited by JR99

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Maybe it's just me but I am finding some people are getting restless at even a stray pass these days. Maybe we're just so good expectations have heightened, or maybe people are just entitled.

I don't actually mind the moaning too much, it's the loud person near you who tries to be the Head Coach during the game that frustrates me more, extolling where players should be and how they should be playing like they've just passed their UEFA Pro Licence 

Also a chap that looks like ozzy Osbourne who I end up near at EVERY away game and he must've taught Brodge all he knows as its constant coaching 🙄

I'm gonna moan now...

Can people stop singing "Jamie Vardy he's won more than you" to clubs who have won much much more than us. Vardy has definitely not won more than Everton who have won 9 league titles.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I'm gonna moan now...

Can people stop singing "Jamie Vardy he's won more than you" to clubs who have won much much more than us. Vardy has definitely not won more than Everton who have won 9 league titles.

How many dropped points would you accept to......... :) 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm gonna moan now...

I remember when we played Middlesbrough and their fans sang that about Victor Valdes

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm gonna moan now...

The same moronic fanbase that sang "Champions of England, you'll never be that" to Derby County. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm gonna moan now...

That's what makes it such a pissboiler, though.

I'm imagining some bitter old Everton fan sat absolutely fuming because they haven't won anything since dial-up was invented.

35 minutes ago, squarez said:

That's what makes it such a pissboiler, though.

I'm imagining some bitter old Everton fan sat absolutely fuming because they haven't won anything since dial-up was invented.

Just makes us look stupid. It's as if we've won one league title and certain parts of our fan base use that as some sort of tool.

Plus Everton last won the league in the late 80's, which aint that long ago. There will have been people in that away end that will have seen Everton win at least 3 league titles.

The song is alright against Southampton or Palace but Everton are one of the most successful clubs in the Country, same as Villa are and no doubt they'll get it sung at them as well.

It's a football fans nature to moan, usually watching a game through tinted specs. 

As Leicester fans we seem to be bred to be pessimistic, those of us old enough to remember still, somewhere inside of us, associate us with being a yo yo club. Correct me if I'm wrong, but should we stay up this year (still not counting chickens just I'm case) then this will be our longest run in the premier league over consecutive seasons.

I was brought up to enjoy the game, my uncle took me to matches as a lad and he taught me to take the piss and the value of self deprecating humor. It's why I called it when Kelechi came on on Sunday, I said he'd change the game, obviously tongue in cheek. I sit around people who moan just for moanings sake. They can't take any decision that doesn't go our way, whether it's correct or not, like the penalty decision on Sunday. They constantly moan about players, usually one in particular, this season it's Perez. But that's the Leicester way, we seem to need a scapegoat for when things aren't going our way. 

I sit infront of a 16-17 year old lad who does nothing but moan constantly, slating the whole team and how shit they are, screaming swear words every five seconds, until we score, then he turns round to his mate every time and starts banging on about "in Roger's we trust" and various shit pundit cliche's and stuff that sounds like fifa commentary. Hes been sat behind me for 5 seasons now and I'm starting to reach the end of my tether

23 hours ago, pleatout said:

Comment of the game for me was "He's bringing on Iheanacho, what's he gonna do?"

Kid who sits in front of me was booing when he saw him ready to come on.

Was chanting "He's magic you know, Kelechi Iheanacho" at full time.

23 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

yes, why is that? I thought the general convention these days is 7.45 or 8.00? Bizarrely the Liverpool Everton game is 8.15 though?

Probably so they can show even more football and keep viewers on their platform for even longer.

7:30-8:15 Match A First half

8:15-8:30 Match B First 15

8:30-9:15 Match A Second half

9:15-10:00 Match B Second half

2.5 hours of solid football and engaged viewers. Guessing that'll allow them to claim higher viewing figures (especially as all games are accessible on their platform and its easy to switch between matches) and means they're more likely to win improved broadcast rights in future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Kid who sits in front of me was booing when he saw him ready to come on.

Was chanting "He's magic you know, Kelechi Iheanacho" at full time.

A mate of mine years ago took a punch to the face in similar circumstances :D

When Kane was here on loan, granted he was a bit dog poo for us, but some bloke booed him when he came on as a sub. He scored what I think was an equaliser and my mate turned to the bloke and smugly remarked that he wasn't booing anymore. So the bloke lamped him.  Some people :doh:

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Just makes us look stupid. It's as if we've won one league title and certain parts of our fan base use that as some sort of tool.

Plus Everton last won the league in the late 80's, which aint that long ago. There will have been people in that away end that will have seen Everton win at least 3 league titles.

The song is alright against Southampton or Palace but Everton are one of the most successful clubs in the Country, same as Villa are and no doubt they'll get it sung at them as well.

I don't think people are unaware Everton used to be good in the 80's and that makes implying they've never won anything technically inaccurate but how is that any different to Spurs (a generally accepted target for "never won anything" comments)?

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A mate of mine years ago took a punch to the face in similar circumstances :D

When Kane was here on loan, granted he was a bit dog poo for us, but some bloke booed him when he came on as a sub. He scored what I think was an equaliser and my mate turned to the bloke and smugly remarked that he wasn't booing anymore. So the bloke lamped him.  Some people :doh:

Genuinely quite frightening that that happened. Just proves that you never know what sort of unhinged morons you’re sat next to at the match.