Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
worth_the_wait

Moaning fans

There's some bloke near me who hates Chilwell. Just abuses him all game with such anger it's wierd - like he's got some repressed feelings for him he can't quite come to terms with.

If it's not him, it's just constant angry moaning. Seems to think he's an expert, yet it's never crossed his mind no-one ever agrees with him - not even his friends.

Went mental when Kelechi was brought on yesterday - couldn't work out if I was happy or sad he left 5 mins before the end.

• Like 1

Used to be a lad near me who shouted "come on, get stuck in!" in an accusational way every time the opposition had the ball and a Leicester player got near them and didn't immediately tackle them... got irritating after the 20th time.. 

same guy shouted "Who??" every time an opposition player was mentioned by name over the tannoy… 

hang on, does that mean I'M the moaning fan???

Maybe it's just me but I am finding some people are getting restless at even a stray pass these days. Maybe we're just so good expectations have heightened, or maybe people are just entitled.

I don't actually mind the moaning too much, it's the loud person near you who tries to be the Head Coach during the game that frustrates me more, extolling where players should be and how they should be playing like they've just passed their UEFA Pro Licence 

21 minutes ago, Guesty said:

There's some bloke near me who hates Chilwell. Just abuses him all game with such anger it's wierd - like he's got some repressed feelings for him he can't quite come to terms with.

If it's not him, it's just constant angry moaning. Seems to think he's an expert, yet it's never crossed his mind no-one ever agrees with him - not even his friends.

Went mental when Kelechi was brought on yesterday - couldn't work out if I was happy or sad he left 5 mins before the end.

TBH, i'm starting to hate him, Maddison too. i mean the pair of b@stards are young, good looking, single, millionaires playing for Leicester. what's not to hate?!

this doesnt in any way come from a place of enormous jealousy.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I was shy, and didn't want to start a new thread.

I had a quick look back and couldn't find a "moaning thread".

So, I just had to start a new one!  :)

It was worth_the_wait :thumbup:

38 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Might be the same bloke who sat behind me when I had a season ticket in the late 90s

He spent all the games haranguing Steve Guppy.
Maybe it's an anti left-back thing.

10 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Comment of the game for me was "He's bringing on Iheanacho, what's he gonna do?"

Ha ha. My mate said he would eat his hat if Nacho actually scored the winner when he came on. I took great delight in asking "red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all" several time over the remainder of the evening.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

I was shy, and didn't want to start a new thread.

I had a quick look back and couldn't find a "moaning thread".

So, I just had to start a new one!  :)

Are you blind sir?  just open any random thread and you will get at least a minimum 50% hit rate:fishing:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

yes, why is that? I thought the general convention these days is 7.45 or 8.00? Bizarrely the Liverpool Everton game is 8.15 though?

Isn’t it because it’s on Amazon? I don’t know why they’re showing 7:30 kick off but a lot of scheduled Amazon matches are 7:30

The match thread is a great example, the same usual suspects appear posting negative shit when things aren't going brilliantly then mysteriously vanish when things are going well.

I can name at least 2 individuals that never seem to post at any other time other than to post negative shit in the match thread.

• Like 1

To my mind anyone who criticises the Club and players currently need theirs heads looking at. Sure under Puel and the state of football which was dished up then criticism was thoroughly deserved but those days, thankfully, are passed and we can look forward to a bright future. These are halcyon days, ENJOY THEM!!

One of the (many) disadvantages of all-seater, season-ticketed stadiums. 

Chances are you'll be stuck within earshot of some div and their witless comments with little chance of escape. Not going to change any time soon, unfortunately, but it makes the crowd more a collection of individuals waiting to be entertained than a collective mass getting behind their team.

Not that the old Kop was free of moaners (far from it), but at least you weren't stuck with them for the duration. Less still every home game.

58 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

One of the (many) disadvantages of all-seater, season-ticketed stadiums. 

Chances are you'll be stuck within earshot of some div and their witless comments with little chance of escape. Not going to change any time soon, unfortunately, but it makes the crowd more a collection of individuals waiting to be entertained than a collective mass getting behind their team.

Not that the old Kop was free of moaners (far from it), but at least you weren't stuck with them for the duration. Less still every home game.

Yeah tis true. I had a couple of years next to a geezer who turned up pissed, could barely stand up and used to think it hilarious to drop his guts a regular intervals. Moved a few seats away and am now stuck next to a bloke who eats about 5 kilos of crisps per game.

• Haha 1

I used to sit behind this horrific woman in the family stand at filbert street, old bint and her family used to just scream abuse at everything and anything for 90 minutes, she was fully in to Gary Parker, strangely so. I don't remember it that well as I was so young but my old man jogs my memory sometimes and she really was the worst person you could conceive to sit near at a football match.

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

My mate who sits in the West Stand block A1, says there are a pair of miserable blokes who still spend all their time moaning at everyone and everything ... even though we might be watching the finest team in the history of football!

Bad luck to be sat that close to them I suppose, and I'm lucky that where I sit, no one like that is within earshot.

But FFS, what is there to moan about?

Welcome to the forum and well done on choosing to support the Leicester Foxes this season. 

In your welcome pack you’ll find a half’n’half scarf, an autographed picture of Dennis W*se and a guide to matchday etiquette. 

Key points from the guide:

Complain about everything

Leave 15 minutes before the end

Demand the Kop is swapped with the Family End

Pretend you used to chant “Huuuuuuume” while waving your shoes in the air

Remember, if you renew your fanship before the end of the season we’ll send you Elvis Hammond’s email address FOC. 

• Haha 1

Was going to post about this after Brighton.

Some jester moaning at Barnes and Chilwell after about 2 mins despite everything happening down that side. Ending up getting in a scrap with a bunch of lads in front.

I know people will say you're free to support the team as you say fit but if you can't be happy with us at the moment (particularly how we played in that first half) what's the point in watching us? Especially annoying when it's people jumping on the back of our academy players. They should be given extra grace. There's a very odd mentality in our fanbase when it comes to youth players; just look at the completely disproportionate stick that the likes of Chilwell and King have had.

Better off without fans like this.