Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ibrahima Diallo

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't that what we already play? If anything this would be to play Puelball with 2 DCM's in a 4-2-3-1. Hideous. 

Not with the right players! 

We need to find a way of winning the big games, we need to find away too be more robust and solid.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't that what we already play? If anything this would be to play Puelball with 2 DCM's in a 4-2-3-1. Hideous. 

Wouldn’t be against a 4-2-3-1 against the Man City Liverpool etc! We were poor against them both over Christmas, clearly we aren’t good enough to play our game whatever our opponent so finding a way to play against them and also for away in champions league next season this could be a way forward 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not with the right players! 

We need to find a way of winning the big games, we need to find away too be more robust and solid.

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Wouldn’t be against a 4-2-3-1 against the Man City Liverpool etc! We were poor against them both over Christmas, clearly we aren’t good enough to play our game whatever our opponent so finding a way to play against them and also for away in champions league next season this could be a way forward 

I get your point, it would seem Rodgers has massively gone off Choudhury who we got some joy out of against the top sides. The young lad at Rennes is who we should be looking at, his stats are unreal in his debut season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get your point, it would seem Rodgers has massively gone off Choudhury who we got some joy out of against the top sides. The young lad at Rennes is who we should be looking at, his stats are unreal in his debut season.

I'm not sure Choudhury is tactical aware enough for Rodgers, to often a headless chicken. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure Choudhury is tactical aware enough for Rodgers, to often a headless chicken. 

I must admit recent performances from him haven't been great. Not so sure he is overly happy barely playing which is a shame as Rodgers has the know how to turn him in to a very unique player. Has the tackling and pressing ability, needs to add a bit of awareness and guile to his game and he'd be the ideal box to box midfielder we need in certain games.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Think Rogers sees him more box to box? Doesn’t naturally sniff danger he’s just very athletic and can get about the pitch? Not sure he’s gone off him just maybe preferred him in another role?

not sure who the young lad at Rennes is, don’t watch French footy really 

This is the right type of signing for me. I also do think we need a box to box type - our midfielders are a bit too samey. Maybe we're loaning Choudhury out, though it doesn't bode too well for him either as he's actually older than this bloke.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Puelball wasn't entirely down to the formation to be fair. That was definitely a part of it but it's more than just that. Puel just wasn't anywhere near the coach Rodgers is.

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Another lightweight midfielder surely not.

We have Ndidi, being a power midfielder is massively over rated imo. If you can read the game & move the ball quickly then it doesn’t matter on size.

Kante is probably one of the most lightweight midfielders in Europe yet is one of the best holding midfielders in the world.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Kante is probably one of the most lightweight midfielders in Europe yet is one of the best holding midfielders in the world.

This a million times over. Such blunt comparison's may give you the mean, but never the whole story

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha wrong player mate

That bloke's a right back. Ibrahima has a older brother, Abdou, but he's at PSG, a six footer and plays central defence.

Who is this mystery right back called Diallo? lol 

Edit: I'm enjoying this.... Moussa Diallo, 23, a right back currently at SO Cholet. Or there's another Moussa Diallo, a 29 year old centre forward. I think I'm going to build a team of Diallo's at this rate!

Howz about Alpha Ibrahima Diallo? 22 year old defender, plays for ASV Wuppertal...

Edit edit: bored now, mystery over - Ibrahima Diallo, 23 from Mali, currently at KAS Eupen (Belgian League 1)... which is what is said on the video clip :( I saw Frank Ribery on the vid too, so perhaps the Eupen v Bayern friendly on 1/10/2017, ended 0-5 to Bayern. 

Edited by mabrah
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

We have Ndidi, being a power midfielder is massively over rated imo. If you can read the game & move the ball quickly then it doesn’t matter on size.

Kante is not lightweight don't confuse height with strength , Messi is 5-7 but solid as a rock.

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kante is not lightweight don't confuse height with strength , Messi is 5-7 but solid as a rock.

I’m not confusing height from strength at all, your point is completely invalid. If you can move the ball quickly, can read the game & have good intensity off the ball then you don’t need “power”.

Also Messi isn’t solid as a rock, he’s smart he’s always got his body in front of the player trying to intercept. Players can’t fully commit because it’s a straight yellow or even potential red, which makes him look like he’s bouncing off players. He’s fast, technically gifted & always has his body in front of his man.