Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ibrahima Diallo

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/leicester-have-offered-e16m-to-brest-for-ibrahima-diallo/

Leicester have offered €16m to Brest for Ibrahima Diallo

Well-connected local podcast Brest On Air report that Premier League side Leicester City have submitted a €16m proposal to sign 20-year-old box-to-box midfielder Ibrahima Diallo from Ligue 1 side Brest.

SB29 had been very clear that they intended to keep the player this month, but the nature of this bid is causing the board to enter into a period of reflection.

Diallo himself is strongly against moving too early and wants to see out this campaign with Brest.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Maddison is a number 10, none of Praet, Choudhury or Diallo are.

Can't stockpile players, you can only feasibly have 4 midfielders in a matchday squad.

That's part of our MO now. Sign quality young players, improve them, keep the best and move the others on at a profit.

It makes a lot of business sense.

• Like 1

Mendy is out again and, with his history of injuries, may not be a viable option long-term. While the midfield isn’t our area of immediate concern, it makes sense to look at options if a player is available at the right price this window.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Mendy is out again and, with his history of injuries, may not be a viable option long-term. While the midfield isn’t our area of immediate concern, it makes sense to look at options if a player is available at the right price this window.

This is it, I think. We currently have 2 defensive midfielders, and Hamza is more often than not deployed as a free 8.

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Maddison is a number 10, none of Praet, Choudhury or Diallo are.

Can't stockpile players, you can only feasibly have 4 midfielders in a matchday squad.

Not sure I agree. The way Rodgers has us playing we need at least 6 midfield players in our 25.

We have 6 now, but it’s unbalanced with only three 8s or 10s, and three 4s or 6s. Ideally I think Rodgers would like to have four 8/10s, and 2, maybe three 4/6s.

We’d play one 4/6 and two 8/10s, with at least one 8/10 on the bench. Some games it’d make more sense to have a second 8/10 on the bench or a second 4/6, rather than, as has been our default this season, a second winger.

He’s always talked of overloading his squad with midfielders so he’ll be looking not just for numbers but for different playing styles...

• Like 1

I think I am right in thinking, Mendy is out of contract at the end of the season? Got the feeling, even before his injury, he was simply there to help fill in for Wilf and nothing more. He will go at the end of the season and be upgraded (I hope)

• Like 3