Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Contracts, etc

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Our best chance of a new deal for Ricardo is whilst there's some question marks over his fitness.

I think in a way we got quite lucky with him being injured during the transfer window, if he was fit I think PSG would've come in for him

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Gray, Slimani, Fuchs, Morgan and James will be gone in the summer with a decision to be made on whether we keep Cengiz permanently or not. Then there's Jakupovic (out of contract) and Ghezzal who will most likely be moved on.

That's a good chunk of the wage bill reduced and it doesn't even include Choudhury/Iheanacho who will both probably want to leave with limited game time during a crucial period in their careers. Both need to secure first team football.

I personally think Praet will be itching for a move - can't see him being keen to sit on the bench every week. We need to be careful with squad depth but we'll definitely have an interesting window or two on the horizon. Definitely expect Dewsbury-Hall to be in and around the first team next season.

Regarding the development squad, I'm not sure who is out of contract? Muskwe, Knight, Tavares...

10 minutes ago, Frost said:

Gray, Slimani, Fuchs, Morgan and James will be gone in the summer with a decision to be made on whether we keep Cengiz permanently or not. Then there's Jakupovic (out of contract) and Ghezzal who will most likely be moved on.

That's a good chunk of the wage bill reduced and it doesn't even include Choudhury/Iheanacho who will both probably want to leave with limited game time during a crucial period in their careers. Both need to secure first team football.

I personally think Praet will be itching for a move - can't see him being keen to sit on the bench every week. We need to be careful with squad depth but we'll definitely have an interesting window or two on the horizon. Definitely expect Dewsbury-Hall to be in and around the first team next season.

Regarding the development squad, I'm not sure who is out of contract? Muskwe, Knight, Tavares...

Probably looking at about £300k a week in wages from just those players you listed

Contracts from the development squad:

Admiral Muskwe, Josh Knight, Sidnei Tavares, Layton Ndukwu, Darnell Johnson, Sam Hughes, Callum Wright... then there are probably a few others as well

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Frost said:

Think the club have been looking forward to this summer for a while.

• Like 1

Think most money will go into renewing a lot of new contracts. Ricardo, Soyuncu, Youri, plus improved terms for JJ and Barnes. 

Don't forget the lost match day revenue. I wouldn't expect mass incoming. Nor do we need them.

• Like 2

Don't want to see it happen as he's amazing, but I have a feeling we'll move Ricardo on in the summer. He's at that age where if we sell now we'll get a premium price. I think he'll attract plenty of attention from abroad so he won't strength a rival, and we have a ready made replacement (albeit currently not quite as good in my opinion) in Justin who is more than capable of stepping up. 

As I said I would prefer not to sell, but of all our current player's along with our model of shifting on one player a season for a good return, he just strikes me as the obvious and logical choice. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Don't want to see it happen as he's amazing, but I have a feeling we'll move Ricardo on in the summer. He's at that age where if we sell now we'll get a premium price. I think he'll attract plenty of attention from abroad so he won't strength a rival, and we have a ready made replacement (albeit currently not quite as good in my opinion) in Justin who is more than capable of stepping up. 

As I said I would prefer not to sell, but of all our current player's along with our model of shifting on one player a season for a good return, he just strikes me as the obvious and logical choice. 

I disagree. If Ricardo had have stayed fit then I would have said it was inevitable that he’d end up at PSG as he was probably the best, if not one of the best right backs in the world. 

Now, I can only see teams offering us £20-25m? Maybe? We probably won't see the best of Ricardo again till next season unfortunately ,because pre injury he was probably our best player. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

No one is buying a player coming back form ACL, for a premium price, unless he plays 20 odd game this season and looks back to his very best.

I doubt we will see him back to he best until next season, if he can ever get back to he pre injury form. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Not happening. If he completed 10 x 90 minutes this season hes done well. Not a chance he will be back to the form he showed pre injury within that time frame. Will not be back to his best till next season if he ever even gets there.

With covid and finances tight all around the world there is no way a big hitter will take a chance for the money we were talking pre injury (£50m+) I highly doubt we would be offered £20m in the current market so soon after coming back from an injury like he's had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Think most money will go into renewing a lot of new contracts. Ricardo, Soyuncu, Youri, plus improved terms for JJ and Barnes. 

Don't forget the lost match day revenue. I wouldn't expect mass incoming. Nor do we need them.

Agree with this. With the salary savings though and other revenues I would like us to get a decent CB and Striker asap, either or both of which may come with a price tag.

Plus it's ok to get rid of these from our books but Fuchs is a model example of 'depth' as in it would be a lot harder to replace him than say morgan or dimi.

4 hours ago, Frost said:

Good Post I hope your wrong about Praet, he's featured pretty heavily this season presuming he starts v Stoke he will have started 13 games in all comps this season, as a point of reference Vardy has started 15.

Whilst he doesn't start every week he's absolutely quality as a squad player and I hope we can keep him happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Agree with this. With the salary savings though and other revenues I would like us to get a decent CB and Striker asap, either or both of which may come with a price tag.

Plus it's ok to get rid of these from our books but Fuchs is a model example of 'depth' as in it would be a lot harder to replace him than say morgan or dimi.

Do we need another CB? We currently have 4 top quality CB, and at least 3 others who can do a decent job there. We only play with 2 CB at the minute.

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Do we need another CB? We currently have 4 top quality CB, and at least 3 others who can do a decent job there. We only play with 2 CB at the minute.

We only have 3 I'd say. Soyuncu, Evan's and Fofana. Benkovich wont come back, morgan will leave at seasons end Fuchs will go too. Ndidi and JJ can cover but they aren't centre backs. 

Its lucky we bought Fofana late in the day and moreso that hes been able to cover soyuncu and his injuries.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

We only have 3 I'd say. Soyuncu, Evan's and Fofana. Benkovich wont come back, morgan will leave at seasons end Fuchs will go too. Ndidi and JJ can cover but they aren't centre backs. 

Its lucky we bought Fofana late in the day and moreso that hes been able to cover soyuncu and his injuries.

And what’s Big Dan Amartey?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

No way, his best position is definitely CB and as good a fourth choice CB as your going to find anywhere.

Would kindly disagree... I remember when he came in the first 2 years and had those injuries and even though he was tried in the CB position on the right side he was awful and his errors and positional play cost us a few goals. He got better in my eyes and has worked hard to play how we want him to play and fair play to him for that. Given his age and contract and skillset as to where we are now though, I dont think hes a 1st team starter but is ok in a back 3 right side or cover RB 

Edit: I made him out to be old. Just feels that way!

Edited by UHDrive
Factual