Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Well he didn't play last year did he... and a lot of the discussion about Cags has been around just how good he is for his age. 

Tony Adams captained Arsenal at his age and John Terry had made about 100 appearances for Chelsea. Honestly this forum thinks anybody under 25 is a novice.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Tony Adams captained Arsenal at his age and John Terry had made about 100 appearances for Chelsea. Honestly this forum thinks anybody under 25 is a novice.

All young players progress at different rates, it's not a liner thing.  What was Jamie Vardy doing at 22?

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, henrik_62 said:

Like Tielemans then?

They didn't rate him at Monaco and judging by some of his recent performances I can see why.

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

All young players progress at different rates, it's not a liner thing.  What was Jamie Vardy doing at 22?

Yes but Jamie is an exception to about every rule I can think of.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

And how old was Jamie Vardy when he made his premier league debut? There's always going to be extremes. To me it seems like we have a clear plan, so just sit back and watch how it goes.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yes but Jamie is an exception to about every rule I can think of.

Ian Wright, would he be another exception?  Tyrone Mings?  There are countless late developers in football and in a more general sense footballers all develop at different times and rates.

27 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Well he didn't play last year did he... and a lot of the discussion about Cags has been around just how good he is for his age. 

and nobody, not even the club, expected Cags to perform as he has. That much seems clear from some of the comments earlier in the season

1 minute ago, Jacnah said:

and nobody, not even the club, expected Cags to perform as he has. That much seems clear from some of the comments earlier in the season

Exactly. The first match he was getting a round of applause just for successfully controlling and passing the ball, as people were so nervous about how he would get on! 

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Exactly. The first match he was getting a round of applause just for successfully controlling and passing the ball, as people were so nervous about how he would get on! 

In spite of the fact he has played in 28 internationals . 

There is no question the his ability

its simply if he can hack it in the physical prem, week after week.  We cannot be relying on a player who is fit every other week - it’s not the way we operate 

now he has a chance to do that in the championship (I can’t believe we would allow him to go to Celtic again unless the championship clubs have had second thoughts re his fitness record)

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

All depends if he goes to Bristol City and gets injured again and doesn't play any games I don't see anyone being willing to pay money for him and more crucially pay him the wages Leicester pay him.  It might be a case in that scenario where he ends up being perenially loaned out.  Hopefully that isn't the case though and he kicks on at Bristol City.

I would be surprised if we don’t loan him out for the season next year too. See how he copes with injuries throughout a whole season. 

Imo this is a big concern for the club.

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

he's come on a corker though hasnt he!

I thought early doors that he was a bit rash and prone to error, but he seemed to developed very very quickly and I think he's been superb since. Very modern and very old skool in one package...ok, so that does make any sense at all but you know what i mean.

Image result for gene hunt gif

• Like 1