Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Filip Benkovic

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

Be a decent move for him if they weren't so arse this season. Still a decent enough way to get him some competitive minutes in a league tougher than Scotland.

I suppose from our point of view, having to be up against it for the business end of the season will be a great learning curve for him. He's one for the future, so the minutes will be good!

• Like 1

I saw this earlier and completely missed it was a loan deal at first. Hmmm I suppose it's better than him playing for the u23s. Assuming there's truth in it with it being John Percy, so if this is even being discussed we must have definite plans for signing a new CB in January.  

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We'll only let him go if we get one in, so assume we must be confident of a centre back.

Any insight to those at the club in how they view Benkovic? He was a bit of a star at Celtic according to a lot of their fans and our own @henrik_62 rated him highly. It seems very strange that he hasn't ousted Morgan as the first reserve and put a bit of pressure on Evans and Soyuncu. Seems a bit of a fall from grace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think it's ultimately because I could also shite the bed and wake up with a clean sheet in Scottish football.

It's not that weak, the bottom clubs may be League One standard but Celtic and Rangers both qualified for the knock out stages of the Europa League in groups containing Porto, Feyenoord and Lazio amongst others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

It's not that weak, the bottom clubs may be League One standard but Celtic and Rangers both qualified for the knock out stages of the Europa League in groups containing Porto, Feyenoord and Lazio amongst others.

That's the point. When you've got a Europa League quality team playing League 1 quality opponents its clear that players are going to look better than they perhaps are.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Did he ever play against Rangers? I mean, he probably did, but my only memory of him in an old firm game was hobbling off early doors.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This, exactly.  We can't be that bad if we beat Lazio home and away who are sitting third in Serie A at the moment.

We kinda also know a good centre back when we see one given we had who is now the best CB in the world at Celtic a few years ago.

I can only base it on what I saw but Benkovic was a class act at us and probably in the top 5 centre back's I've seen at us in the last 20 years and that includes a side that reached a European final and papped out a couple of EPL sides on the way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That's the point. When you've got a Europa League quality team playing League 1 quality opponents its clear that players are going to look better than they perhaps are.

He played and strolled it when we beat RB Leipzig at home last season, the same side that just won their champions league group and are threatening to win the Bundesliga.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

There was a suggestion that he bottled it 

Cobblers.  He was rushed back from injury and broke down early on in the game.  He wasn't seen again for a couple of months due to said injury.  Get realistic, why would any Celtic player bottle against Rangers given how we have absolutely owned them for years now, they've not even won a major trophy in coming up for 8 years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He played and strolled it when we beat RB Leipzig at home last season, the same side that just won their champions league group and are threatening to win the Bundesliga.

In fairness it's not the same side. The current RB Leipzig look completely different to the one last season. Essentially down to the insane form of Timo Werner. But your point is taken.

37 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Cobblers.  He was rushed back from injury and broke down early on in the game.  He wasn't seen again for a couple of months due to said injury.  Get realistic, why would any Celtic player bottle against Rangers given how we have absolutely owned them for years now, they've not even won a major trophy in coming up for 8 years.

Calm down . I have no view or interest in whether it’s true or not I’m just stating that   There were allegations to that effect unless I’m much mistaken 

The endless speculation on Filip. The manager comes out and says that he needs matchtime to build strength etc. coming off of long term injury. Nobody listens.

Henrik62 comes out with a brilliant observation that Rodgers likes to hold players back until they are ready to give 100% percent effort.

After Celtic he's not getting sold. Derby makes complete sense. A step up in intensity over the U23's. Hope Cocu plays a similar possession style as Rodgers.

From the Press Conference

Benkovic?

It depends if we find the right team for him. We’ll see how that develops over the course of January.