Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: West Ham 1-2 Leicester City - Vote Now

West Ham 1-2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.9

Total Average Rating

124 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

James Justin 7.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Wilfred Ndidi Substitute 6.2
  4. Manager Confidence 98% +1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 28/12/19
Voting Ends: 01/01/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. James Justin
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Jonny Evans
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Demarai Gray
  7. Hamza Choudhury
  8. Nampalys Mendy
  9. Marc Albrighton
  10. Ayoze Pérez
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho
  12. James Maddison (sub)
  13. Wilfred Ndidi (sub)
  14. Harvey Barnes (sub)

8s all round apart from Justin & Choudhury with 9s.

Kasper didn’t have much to do but was more vocal all game.

Justin was great going forward and defending and gets MOTM from me.

Morgan was solid and that bit of skill in the opponents box, thought he was Messi.

Evans was back to his best, never put a foot wrong all game.

Fuchs showed how comfortable he is on the ball, couple of lunges but solid.

Perez just ran & ran all the time he was on and had 2 assists.

Choudhury was solid, aggressive and looks comfortable on the ball, more starts please.

Mendy was a pleasant surprise addition, solid in the tackle and used the ball well.

Albrighton put some killer balls in and worked back to defend all game.

Gray, this is the player City fans want to see, constant threat and cracking goal.

Iheanacho, like Perez ha kept going all game, great reaction for his goal and he looks happy.

Subs....

Maddison looked rejuvenated and back to his former self after 3 poor games by his standards

Ndidi. What a player to bring on and break the hearts of a defeated team even further.

Barnes wasn’t on for long but still got stuck in and goals have to come for him soon surely.

Rodgers played a blinder with the team selection today.

West Ham were awful but you have to beat what is in front of you.

Ref was ok and gave us a lot of borderline free kicks apart from the penalty decision when it looked like a definite Red card regardless of a defender being able to get back as it was reckless and out of control and if it was an outfield player he would have gone...

What an uplifting performance after the last few games.....
Congratulations to Jamie & Rebecca Vardy..

Up the City...:scarf:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I wonder what  those moaning minnies about team selection are thinking  an excellent display

Silly comment.

Being a little bewildered doesn't make you moaning.

Even the less intelligent of us would've been a little shocked to see the team. But full credit to them, great performance, all had a point to prove and did so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Silly comment.

Being a little bewildered doesn't make you moaning.

Even the less intelligent of us would've been a little shocked to see the team. But full credit to them, great performance, all had a point to prove and did so. 

Not silly at all some of the remarks  like wouldnt beat Wigan  were completely unjustified and were definately not a little bewildered  I was  surprised at the inclusion of Mendy  who had an excellent game as did  virtually everyone else. People try to cover their embarrassment by saying how bad West Ham were.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Not silly at all some of the remarks  like wouldnt beat Wigan  were completely unjustified and were definately not a little bewildered  I was  surprised at the inclusion of Mendy  who had an excellent game as did  virtually everyone else. People try to cover their embarrassment by saying how bad West Ham were.

Wigan are better than West Ham. :ph34r:

I didn't comment in the match thread but I do disagree with this approach. I hated it when Pearson did it and didn't like it yesterday. The difference was our second string are good enough to beat a mid to lower premier league side. So why not use them in games like Norwich, where we looked tired, rather pick one game then relegate them all back to the stiffs.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'm spoilt by our other more impressive performances but 6s and 7s mostly from me. Hamza was terrific in the second half. Perez subdued and ineffective most of the time but had two great passes which lead to goals, so well done. Wish he was a bit more confident and influenced the game  more, being a technical player he is. Justin was impressive. Morgan a bit slow. Albrighton rusty, lost the ball a lot but menacing and put a couple of decent crosses in (wasted a few too)

My MOTM goes to Gray who dispite missing the peno looked very lively and dangerous most of the game and redeemed himself when 1 on 1 with Fabianski in the second half.

It's fantastic that we managed to beat WHam with our reserves. A bold move from BR but paid off

8 hours ago, Captain... said:

I didn't comment in the match thread but I do disagree with this approach. I hated it when Pearson did it and didn't like it yesterday. The difference was our second string are good enough to beat a mid to lower premier league side. So why not use them in games like Norwich, where we looked tired, rather pick one game then relegate them all back to the stiffs.

We put out a team made up Premier League players, every single one of whom had been a starter as recently as during the Puel tenure, go away to another Premier League game and win all 3 points - and yet some people moan about it. SMH

6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

We put out a team made up Premier League players, every single one of whom had been a starter as recently as during the Puel tenure, go away to another Premier League game and win all 3 points - and yet some people moan about it. SMH

No problem with the team that was put I think they are all good footballers. My issue is players like Mendy have barely kicked a football all season, while we run Youri, Wilf and Ricardo into the ground. Mendy had every right to be shit on Saturday and it is a credit to him that he played well. Especially as he probably won't play again in the league...

It was a massive and unnecessary risk, but it paid off. Norwich, Everton in the cup, Everton in the league were all games that we could have made more changes rotated kept players fresh. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Captain... said:

No problem with the team that was put I think they are all good footballers. My issue is players like Mendy have barely kicked a football all season, while we run Youri, Wilf and Ricardo into the ground. Mendy had every right to be shit on Saturday and it is a credit to him that he played well. Especially as he probably won't play again in the league...

It was a massive and unnecessary risk, but it paid off. Norwich, Everton in the cup, Everton in the league were all games that we could have made more changes rotated kept players fresh. 

Patently BR considered it less of a 'massive and unnecessary' risk, otherwise he'd not have done it. Perhaps enough has been done and seen behind closed doors for him to know that Mendy and his colleagues could do the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Indeed.  People seem to struggle with the fact that "it didn't blow up in your face" is not synonymous with "it was a good idea".

To me, it makes much more sense to judiciously rest a couple of players when possible rather than run everybody to the point where they're obviously exhausted and then have to sub out the entire side (bar Evans, without whom we would have been completely fuched) in a league game.  BR got away with it, but that doesn't mean it was good management.  He backed himself into a corner and a bunch of players who, as you note, had every right to to shit bailed him out by not being shit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Captain... said:

Another over the top comment  Wigan are bottom of the  championship   West Ham beat Man U I believe although dont  disagree with other comments

12 hours ago, Captain... said:

While conceding it's not quite the same level of competition, Mendy plays competitive games for the U23 side (alongside Benkovich, Amartey, etc.). Accordingly, while there is always an element of 'risk' bringing back unused players (whether it is players coming off injury, returning from a lower league loan spell, loss of form or other circumstances), it is hardly a "massive" (or inordinate) risk nor was it "unnecessary" in the light of 3 games in 1 week.