Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Match Ratings: West Ham 1-2 Leicester City - Vote Now

West Ham 1-2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.9

    Total Average Rating

    124 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

    James Justin 7.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

    Wilfred Ndidi Substitute 6.2
  4. Manager Confidence 98% +1%

Recommended Posts

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 28/12/19
Voting Ends: 01/01/20

  1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. James Justin
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Jonny Evans
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Demarai Gray
  7. Hamza Choudhury
  8. Nampalys Mendy
  9. Marc Albrighton
  10. Ayoze Pérez
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho
  12. James Maddison (sub)
  13. Wilfred Ndidi (sub)
  14. Harvey Barnes (sub)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ttfn said:

Evans played like an adult in a children’s match. 

he was outrageous. it was laughable every time they went near him on the attack. literally no chance fellas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8s all round apart from Justin & Choudhury with 9s.

Kasper didn’t have much to do but was more vocal all game.

Justin was great going forward and defending and gets MOTM from me.

Morgan was solid and that bit of skill in the opponents box, thought he was Messi.

Evans was back to his best, never put a foot wrong all game.

Fuchs showed how comfortable he is on the ball, couple of lunges but solid.

Perez just ran & ran all the time he was on and had 2 assists.

Choudhury was solid, aggressive and looks comfortable on the ball, more starts please.

Mendy was a pleasant surprise addition, solid in the tackle and used the ball well.

Albrighton put some killer balls in and worked back to defend all game.

Gray, this is the player City fans want to see, constant threat and cracking goal.

Iheanacho, like Perez ha kept going all game, great reaction for his goal and he looks happy.

Subs....

Maddison looked rejuvenated and back to his former self after 3 poor games by his standards

Ndidi. What a player to bring on and break the hearts of a defeated team even further.

Barnes wasn’t on for long but still got stuck in and goals have to come for him soon surely.

Rodgers played a blinder with the team selection today.

West Ham were awful but you have to beat what is in front of you.

Ref was ok and gave us a lot of borderline free kicks apart from the penalty decision when it looked like a definite Red card regardless of a defender being able to get back as it was reckless and out of control and if it was an outfield player he would have gone...

What an uplifting performance after the last few games.....
Congratulations to Jamie & Rebecca Vardy..

Up the City...:scarf:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toss up between Evans and Choudhury for MotM for me both outstanding. Not one player came away with less than a 7.

A good solid performance away from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Toss up between Evans and Choudhury for MotM for me both outstanding. Not one player came away with less than a 7.

A good solid performance away from home.

I wonder what  those moaning minnies about team selection are thinking  an excellent display

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I wonder what  those moaning minnies about team selection are thinking  an excellent display

Silly comment.

 

Being a little bewildered doesn't make you moaning.

 

Even the less intelligent of us would've been a little shocked to see the team. But full credit to them, great performance, all had a point to prove and did so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Silly comment.

 

Being a little bewildered doesn't make you moaning.

 

Even the less intelligent of us would've been a little shocked to see the team. But full credit to them, great performance, all had a point to prove and did so. 

Not silly at all some of the remarks  like wouldnt beat Wigan  were completely unjustified and were definately not a little bewildered  I was  surprised at the inclusion of Mendy  who had an excellent game as did  virtually everyone else. People try to cover their embarrassment by saying how bad West Ham were.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Choudury and Mendy were excellent,they bossed the midfield..won nearly all the 50/50 tackles..made themselves available to receive the ball from the defence and rarely gave the ball away...they may have given BR food for thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Not silly at all some of the remarks  like wouldnt beat Wigan  were completely unjustified and were definately not a little bewildered  I was  surprised at the inclusion of Mendy  who had an excellent game as did  virtually everyone else. People try to cover their embarrassment by saying how bad West Ham were.

Wigan are better than West Ham. :ph34r:

 

I didn't comment in the match thread but I do disagree with this approach. I hated it when Pearson did it and didn't like it yesterday. The difference was our second string are good enough to beat a mid to lower premier league side. So why not use them in games like Norwich, where we looked tired, rather pick one game then relegate them all back to the stiffs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm spoilt by our other more impressive performances but 6s and 7s mostly from me. Hamza was terrific in the second half. Perez subdued and ineffective most of the time but had two great passes which lead to goals, so well done. Wish he was a bit more confident and influenced the game  more, being a technical player he is. Justin was impressive. Morgan a bit slow. Albrighton rusty, lost the ball a lot but menacing and put a couple of decent crosses in (wasted a few too)

My MOTM goes to Gray who dispite missing the peno looked very lively and dangerous most of the game and redeemed himself when 1 on 1 with Fabianski in the second half.

 

It's fantastic that we managed to beat WHam with our reserves. A bold move from BR but paid off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Captain... said:

Wigan are better than West Ham. :ph34r:

 

I didn't comment in the match thread but I do disagree with this approach. I hated it when Pearson did it and didn't like it yesterday. The difference was our second string are good enough to beat a mid to lower premier league side. So why not use them in games like Norwich, where we looked tired, rather pick one game then relegate them all back to the stiffs.

We put out a team made up Premier League players, every single one of whom had been a starter as recently as during the Puel tenure, go away to another Premier League game and win all 3 points - and yet some people moan about it. SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2019 at 09:20, ScouseFox said:

he was outrageous. it was laughable every time they went near him on the attack. literally no chance fellas.  

Amazing he has been an ever present and only played 48 hours earlier! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

We put out a team made up Premier League players, every single one of whom had been a starter as recently as during the Puel tenure, go away to another Premier League game and win all 3 points - and yet some people moan about it. SMH

No problem with the team that was put I think they are all good footballers. My issue is players like Mendy have barely kicked a football all season, while we run Youri, Wilf and Ricardo into the ground. Mendy had every right to be shit on Saturday and it is a credit to him that he played well. Especially as he probably won't play again in the league...

 

It was a massive and unnecessary risk, but it paid off. Norwich, Everton in the cup, Everton in the league were all games that we could have made more changes rotated kept players fresh. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Captain... said:

No problem with the team that was put I think they are all good footballers. My issue is players like Mendy have barely kicked a football all season, while we run Youri, Wilf and Ricardo into the ground. Mendy had every right to be shit on Saturday and it is a credit to him that he played well. Especially as he probably won't play again in the league...

 

It was a massive and unnecessary risk, but it paid off. Norwich, Everton in the cup, Everton in the league were all games that we could have made more changes rotated kept players fresh. 

Patently BR considered it less of a 'massive and unnecessary' risk, otherwise he'd not have done it. Perhaps enough has been done and seen behind closed doors for him to know that Mendy and his colleagues could do the job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain... said:

No problem with the team that was put I think they are all good footballers. My issue is players like Mendy have barely kicked a football all season, while we run Youri, Wilf and Ricardo into the ground. Mendy had every right to be shit on Saturday and it is a credit to him that he played well. Especially as he probably won't play again in the league...

 

It was a massive and unnecessary risk, but it paid off. Norwich, Everton in the cup, Everton in the league were all games that we could have made more changes rotated kept players fresh. 

Indeed.  People seem to struggle with the fact that "it didn't blow up in your face" is not synonymous with "it was a good idea".

 

To me, it makes much more sense to judiciously rest a couple of players when possible rather than run everybody to the point where they're obviously exhausted and then have to sub out the entire side (bar Evans, without whom we would have been completely fuched) in a league game.  BR got away with it, but that doesn't mean it was good management.  He backed himself into a corner and a bunch of players who, as you note, had every right to to shit bailed him out by not being shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Captain... said:

Wigan are better than West Ham. :ph34r:

 

I didn't comment in the match thread but I do disagree with this approach. I hated it when Pearson did it and didn't like it yesterday. The difference was our second string are good enough to beat a mid to lower premier league side. So why not use them in games like Norwich, where we looked tired, rather pick one game then relegate them all back to the stiffs.

Another over the top comment  Wigan are bottom of the  championship   West Ham beat Man U I believe although dont  disagree with other comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Captain... said:

No problem with the team that was put I think they are all good footballers. My issue is players like Mendy have barely kicked a football all season, while we run Youri, Wilf and Ricardo into the ground. Mendy had every right to be shit on Saturday and it is a credit to him that he played well. Especially as he probably won't play again in the league...

 

It was a massive and unnecessary risk, but it paid off. Norwich, Everton in the cup, Everton in the league were all games that we could have made more changes rotated kept players fresh. 

While conceding it's not quite the same level of competition, Mendy plays competitive games for the U23 side (alongside Benkovich, Amartey, etc.). Accordingly, while there is always an element of 'risk' bringing back unused players (whether it is players coming off injury, returning from a lower league loan spell, loss of form or other circumstances), it is hardly a "massive" (or inordinate) risk nor was it "unnecessary" in the light of 3 games in 1 week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...