Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Had to stop the game on police advice as the fire alarms went off. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a clampdown by Police Scotland over the next few weeks. 

Ironically, Dundee stewarding / policing is the closest to jobsworth / over the top you will find in Scotland. They will be embarrassed this has happened at Dens. 

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Had to stop the game on police advice as the fire alarms went off. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a clampdown by Police Scotland over the next few weeks. 

Ironically, Dundee stewarding / policing is the closest to jobsworth / over the top you will find in Scotland. They will be embarrassed this has happened at Dens. 

Yeah I can see something happening but this sort of thing has happened for years and the authorities have done little to nothing, even had media calling the police out for not doing anything.

I think it will be a temporary thing to show they are doing something and eventually it will carry on, i don't know if they simply dont care or they havent got the resources, or maybe the clubs are scared of losing fans if they ban them all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Yeah I can see something happening but this sort of thing has happened for years and the authorities have done little to nothing, even had media calling the police out for not doing anything.

I think it will be a temporary thing to show they are doing something and eventually it will carry on, i don't know if they simply dont care or they havent got the resources, or maybe the clubs are scared of losing fans if they ban them all.

I think this might be the catalyst for the police and authorities to really clamp down on bringing flares into the ground.   It usually takes something "big" to finally get them serious.

In the late 1970's, the authorities half heartedly tried to stop fans bringing bottles and cans into grounds, but no one took much notice.    I went to the 1980 Celtic v Rangers Cup Final at Hampden Park, and I couldn't believe the 1000's of cans and whisky bottles brought in to the match.   After a late extra time 1-0 win for Celtic, it all kicked off.  It was absolute carnage.  

After that the authorities finally got their act together, and stopped fans bringing in various missiles and artillery!

btw - It was actually a really good game"

5 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I think this might be the catalyst for the police and authorities to really clamp down on bringing flares into the ground.   It usually takes something "big" to finally get them serious.

In the late 1970's, the authorities half heartedly tried to stop fans bringing bottles and cans into grounds, but no one took much notice.    I went to the 1980 Celtic v Rangers Cup Final at Hampden Park, and I couldn't believe the 1000's of cans and whisky bottles brought in to the match.   After a late extra time 1-0 win for Celtic, it all kicked off.  It was absolute carnage.  

After that the authorities finally got their act together, and stopped fans bringing in various missiles and artillery!

btw - It was actually a really good game"

So its your fault I can't get a beer at the game at Hampden on Saturday? ....😁

By the time I get the train from Loughborough at 6am I'll be gasping for a shandy when I get into Central station. 

It's so antiquated, clubs are missing out on some much needed revenue. 

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Did Aberdeen walk off after exactly 90 minutes?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67335848

Players on their knees. 

5 away games in a row and the Thursday euro games have caught up with us. 

The break can't have come at a better time. 

Definitely need better performances from now to the end of the season, it's been hard work in the league so far. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Vacamion said:

That's a pretty rank VAR intervention.  

But Rangers were losing, so a dodgy injury time decision is par for the course.

This might sound weird but I'm glad we didn't win today. 

Leuge cup final in 3 weeks and there's no way we are winning it by beating them 3 times in a row. 

That's us getting horsed 5 0 in the final now.....😆

• 2 weeks later...