Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Celtic fans who live elsewhere in the country?

Like the big teams down here..

It's the fact that all across Scotland, thousands of fans get on a bus and head down / up / across to Glasgow to see the OF, whilst their home town teams struggle to make ends meet.

I once had a chat with a higher-up at Arbroath when I was at a 3rd tier game there, who told me that three busloads a week leave the town at the weekend to watch the OF.

Celtic or Rangers fans with with Aberdeen accents are like Man United fans with Cornwall accents - just laughable and they contribute to their own backyards becoming football deserts.

FTOF.

Edited by Vacamion
Spello
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

New manager at Aberdeen.

Barry Robson sacked .

He kept blaming European football for their poor form but they have carried on being pretty average since going out so was always under pressure .

Media saying Warnock in the frame for this. Should be interesting.

Edited by boots60

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

New manager at Aberdeen.

Barry Robson sacked .

He kept blaming European football for their poor form but they have carried on being pretty average since going out so was always under pressure .

Football not good enough considering the money spent pre season. 

All well and good getting decent performances and results in Europe, but drawing and getting beaten by clubs with much smaller wage bills made him very unpopular with a growing % of the fanbase. 

There isn't any outstanding candidates in Scotland ready to jump into the helm, and Warnocks gushing desire for Ibrox wouldn't make him a popular choice. 

2 hours ago, sishades said:

Since I completed the 92 last March I am now doing the Scottish clubs. Had a great weekend 2 weeks ago at Kilmarnock taking my tally to 10. Next stop is Dundee United. The return flight from Stansted to Edinburgh was 40 pounds plus 20 for the ticket and 22 for the train ride. Cheaper than going to London!

Great to hear! What are you counting as the Scottish clubs? Those that are professional or Prem down to league 2?

3 hours ago, sishades said:

Since I completed the 92 last March I am now doing the Scottish clubs. Had a great weekend 2 weeks ago at Kilmarnock taking my tally to 10. Next stop is Dundee United. The return flight from Stansted to Edinburgh was 40 pounds plus 20 for the ticket and 22 for the train ride. Cheaper than going to London!

If you get the chance, go to the Trades bar in the city centre. 

Great Saturday t time pub, just up from the train station.

Do not go to the away end at Tannadice. The leg room in that stand is the worst I've ever experienced. 

Enjoy.  

16 hours ago, sishades said:

If you go to Morton, give me a shout for any help or advice you need to plan, or even a beer before you shoot off. My home town team. 

19 hours ago, sishades said:

Tell me you had the famous Killie Pie at Rugby Park.  The best thing about that ground.

Be warned that Tannadice's away end has utterly shit catering, so I hope you go in the home end.

My top 3 Scottish away grounds are, for various obscure reasons, Alloa, Queen of The South and Arbroath.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Warnock expected to be named as interim manager at Aberdeen until the end of the season.

Relying on a 75 year old English pensioner is saying something.

I think he'll do a great job up there. I was listening to him doing punditry the other week and his knowledge of the game is incredible. 

On 04/02/2024 at 15:04, Vacamion said:

Tell me you had the famous Killie Pie at Rugby Park.  The best thing about that ground.

Unfortunately I did not. I was surprised at the condition of the ground, it looks rather smart on the TV. I did get to interview the owners father in law. Really nice bloke. Also chatted with the club mascot for around 10 mins only to realize later that I had forgotten to press the record button. The game was good, 2 goals in the first 2 minutes. Also off to Germany in May to see Monchengladbach, I grew up in Germany and they were my local team.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2024 at 15:04, Vacamion said:

Be warned that Tannadice's away end has utterly shit catering, so I hope you go in the home end.

My top 3 Scottish away grounds are, for various obscure reasons, Alloa, Queen of The South and Arbroath.

I have and they were the best ive ever had. Watched Leicester in a pre season game think we lost 1-0. Night out in Glasgow and flew home the next day.

• Like 1