Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TK95

Matchday Programme Storage

Recommended Posts

It's been a matchday ritual for as long as I can remember to buy a programme before the game. Built up quite a collection over the years but the bottom shelf in my cupboard is filling up!

 

How have others gone about storing theirs?

 

Any space efficient tips you can share? :thumbup:

Edited by TK95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TK95 said:

It's been a matchday ritual for as long as I can remember to buy a programme before the game. Built up quite a collection over the years but the bottom shelf in my cupboard is filling up!

 

How have others gone about storing theirs?

 

Any space efficient tips you can share? :thumbup:

I used to put mine in those clear plastic A4 size wallets you get from stationary stores, then put them in sealed boxes in the loft.

 

I had well over 1000 at one stage including ones handed down to me from my Dad and Grandad dating back to the 30's and 40's.

 

Then during a moment of madness in my 30's when e-Bay first arrived, I sold the lot because I was skint at the time.

 

One of my biggest regrets and gutted I can't now hand them all down to my own son. 

 

Good luck with your own collection and make sure you keep them mint :thumbup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you looking to store them and put them away somewhere or store them in a way that allows you to have them on display?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, E.Rose said:

Are you looking to store them and put them away somewhere or store them in a way that allows you to have them on display?

Primarily to put them away and keep them safe. But not too disorganised so I can actually access them if I ever wanted to look back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TK95 said:

It's been a matchday ritual for as long as I can remember to buy a programme before the game. Built up quite a collection over the years but the bottom shelf in my cupboard is filling up!

 

How have others gone about storing theirs?

 

Any space efficient tips you can share? :thumbup:

I use them storage boxes you can get from Ryman/Wilko/Morrisons.

 

But in some sort of order. Think I've got three or four lots of home programmes per box. Away programmes not mixed with home programmes. I'm quite an organsied person so I like to refer back to stuff easily.

 

I don't use binders as I think it bends them.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TK95 said:

Primarily to put them away and keep them safe. But not too disorganised so I can actually access them if I ever wanted to look back.

I noticed this site a while back when I was looking at somewhere to keep mine too, 

 

http://jwbinders.co.uk/binders/

 

Depends on how much you want to spend of course but I quite liked these, I guess you could get cheaper alternatives from Wilkos or somewhere but I definitely think several box files would be your best bet. You could easily write the year on each box so you could organise them better. 

Edited by E.Rose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get one of them 3 storage draws can get quite big ones and have yeards on each draw.

 

5.99

Screenshot_2020-01-14-21-44-57.png

Edited by tylesta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm huge I collector myself I must have at least over 2,000 programmes! in my house even spread into the garage. Storage wise for me it's using old show boxes. At some clubs you can buy like binders, Leicester used to do them... until they realised with recent designs you couldn't fit anymore than three programmes in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always been a thing I've done, gone to a game and me or my brother have brought a programme. Need to find time to sort them all into storage boxes etc but one of those things I've never gotten round to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another avenue of happiness the wife put a stop to, mine are probably in a box with my bollocks. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit I gave up on progs a few years ago. Realised I was spending towards £175 per season on magazines which I put in old Amazon/Shoe boxes and never looked at it. Had a tiny bit of regret because every prog from 15/16 would have been amazing, but hindsight is wonderful.

 

Love that I have 2002/03-2013 and my dad's from the 1970s, the Wembley finals and all the other big match progs we've done (of course I'm fairweather now. Everton, UCL, Comm Shield etc etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2020 at 21:48, Izzy said:

I used to put mine in those clear plastic A4 size wallets you get from stationary stores, then put them in sealed boxes in the loft.

 

I had well over 1000 at one stage including ones handed down to me from my Dad and Grandad dating back to the 30's and 40's.

 

Then during a moment of madness in my 30's when e-Bay first arrived, I sold the lot because I was skint at the time.

 

One of my biggest regrets and gutted I can't now hand them all down to my own son. 

 

Good luck with your own collection and make sure you keep them mint :thumbup:

Mine are the same. A4 plastic wallets, in old a4 paper boxes, by season. With a list printed out for each season and taped to the front.

 

Stopped collecting in the mid 90s tho when I couldn't be arsed to carry them round town on a night out after the game. 

 

Probably a good think as they take up way to much space.

 

Only ones I'm bothered about are the play off and cup semis which all have my tickets with them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...