Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Kaputska

24 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Really hope we don't rely on him to be our answer for the winger problems. I think its looking less likely we're going to buy in this window which, whilst difficult to get value in Jan, would be a real shame.

Have you been watching his development then? BR seems to be quite impressed with his attitude and ability, and that’s ok with me. It’s ok to have an opinion, but based on nothing other than a feeling????? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Have you been watching his development then? BR seems to be quite impressed with his attitude and ability, and that’s ok with me. It’s ok to have an opinion, but based on nothing other than a feeling????? 

No, purely based on the very limited amount of football he has played in the last 2/3 years. In fact he's only ever played 70 professional matches. We have money to spend and if we have ambitions of top 4 and winning trophies we need to strengthen when we're in that group, not when chasing it. Would love to see us splash out on a proven quality goal scoring winger. Surely we all would, as opposed to hoping Kaputska comes good?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I'd be surprised if he ever featured to the point he contributed much, feels to me like Rodgers is advertising and bigging him up for a departure more than anything else, he done this quite a few times at Celtic, with Efe Ambrose in particular in a very similar way to his comments about Kapustka the other day.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Watched him the few times he's played and he ahsn't looked anything special - considering the hype when we got him. Reading about him outside of football he seems a bit mentally weak (and incredibly religious). hope he becomes a star for us but not going to hold my breath. Now Ughelumba is still raw but has looked worth a try from the first game he played LB for the U23s. No he's not ready to replace Chilwell but he has the potential to do it.

12 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'd be surprised if he ever featured to the point he contributed much, feels to me like Rodgers is advertising and bigging him up for a departure more than anything else, he done this quite a few times at Celtic, with Efe Ambrose in particular in a very similar way to his comments about Kapustka the other day.

It’s also his man management style. Speaks incredibly highly and constructively of all his staff.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2020 at 19:35, Alex_LCFC said:

Maybe in the squad for Brentford?

No. 

All that's happened is some prat like Stringer, or some idiot form the Mercury has asked about him and Rodgers has given a nice positive answer, so as not to wreck the lads confidence. 

He's not got a chance, the fact Rodgers even questions his future here tells you everything. 

• Haha 1

On 16/01/2020 at 10:21, les-tah said:

Do they same people who say Jarrod Bowen wouldn't be a success in the premier league because of his lack of pace think the same about Kaputska?

No I think Kapustka wouldn't be a success as he's not very good. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

He just needs his own crowd song to encourage him to peak performance.

This one has definite potential....

Its worth Brendon playing him just so we can sing this. At least it would be something original from our fans!

"Ay ya Kaputska Kaputska Japutska ya ya"

On the limited times I've seen him there clearly is an intelligent player in there. You never know, stranger things have happened - Stand up one Sir James Vardy  

If Kapustka's name was something like, Oh I don't know... Ahmed Musa... he's get absolutely slaughtered on here. 

As it is, still, 3 and a half years of nothing at any level he's played and still we have people wanting to "give him a go". 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Kapustka's name was something like, Oh I don't know... Ahmed Musa... he's get absolutely slaughtered on here. 

As it is, still, 3 and a half years of nothing at any level he's played and still we have people wanting to "give him a go". 

Its because Rodgers persists in playing non - wingers like Perez, Barnes, Gray and even Maddison out wide. We only have one genuine winger , Albrighton. Looking around , wide players who score goals (Mahrez excepted) are pretty uncommon.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Its because Rodgers persists in playing non - wingers like Perez, Barnes, Gray and even Maddison out wide. We only have one genuine winger , Albrighton. Looking around , wide players who score goals (Mahrez excepted) are pretty uncommon.

Indeed :thumbup:

Question then is, does this represent a limitation?

And if so, of what, the managers tactical outlook? Or the fans acceptance?

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Gray is and always has been a winger. 

Kapustka is also shit and never shown anything other than being shit. I don't see anyone ever suggesting any youth teamers lol

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Indeed :thumbup:

Question then is, does this represent a limitation?

And if so, of what, the managers tactical outlook? Or the fans acceptance?

We can go the wing-back option , Ricci is up there with T.A.A. in that role but sadly Chilwell is way out of form. That requires a back three or two holding midfielders (which is Liverpool's preferred option) but that is not popular around here. We have one of the best strikers in Europe but finding attacking partners for him is proving not easy. Vardy is such a one-off that any manager would find it difficult to find the right system. At the moment its the left that is the real problem , Chilwell needs to snap into gear Asap then wing backs would work well for us.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Not having that. 

Kapustka's appearance having been fleeting. All we saw Musa for a total of around 30 games. 

Don't get me wrong there is always a notion with football fans of a player's reputation growing when he doesn't play 

Guest An Sionnach
42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Gray is and always has been a winger. 

Kapustka is also shit and never shown anything other than being shit. I don't see anyone ever suggesting any youth teamers lol

When I see him attack the by-line and whip in dangerous low crosses I will call him a winger. At the moment he is a skinnier version of Barnes without the awareness.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not having that. 

Kapustka's appearance having been fleeting. All we saw Musa for a total of around 30 games. 

Don't get me wrong there is always a notion with football fans of a player's reputation growing when he doesn't play 

They've been fleeting because he's shit, he's been shit for us, shit for the U23's and shit in Belgium. 

I don't know why people need any more confirmation of him being shit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

When I see him attack the by-line and whip in dangerous low crosses I will call him a winger. At the moment he is a skinnier version of Barnes without the awareness.

He's a winger, he might be a shit winger, but a winger he is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They've been fleeting because he's shit, he's been shit for us, shit for the U23's and shit in Belgium. 

Get off the fence.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Have you considered a career as a TV pundit with Sky Sports?

• Haha 2