Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Kaputska

24 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Hmmmm ...   I know what you’re saying Jim but something doesn’t sit right here ...   BR seems to want an up and running CB right now ...  and prepared to pay a good chunk to get one.   This ‘singing Kaputskas praises’ thread reminded me of it ...

Guest An Sionnach
25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why do you think his an improvement on Barnes, Gray, Albrighton and Perez? 

He's made 3 appearance in 3.5 years for us and flop on loan in the Belgium second division and on loan in the Germany! 

Again why do you think this? The boy has yet to make his PL debut and your saying his as good as half of the existing CB in the PL

They are our players , under our coaches , with contracts , the club must rate them otherwise they wouldn't be here.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is at least as good as half the others in the P.L. Maguire has set the benchline now .You want an experienced C. B. who is not well over 30  , think 60 million. We ain't in that market.

For the life of me,I Don t understand Why we shouldnt Keep to Benkovic.

If we pay lets say £30-40mil, he and ourselves would be expecting him to get decent game time...

Benkovic fits the bill.  A Player growing into the squad,had injury problems,but could well be putting that into the past. His potential is obvious,so for me,the question is, we invested Time into This player,and his showing have not ran into any negatives or doubtfull in character..

We should have by now young players seriously Knocking on the door ,if Not Why not,and Why are they still here...!!!!

Soyuncu,wont Now accept rightly Any downgrade,Evans is the Mature player, if injury free gives us 2-3 seasons.We can Build Benkovic into his replacement,and

With rest and competitive rotation replacement for Soyu....Why spend Time und decent Money on an unknown,while we have a player with Promised potential...us

Plus as mentioned we should be expecting something from the Management And coaches of the younger players,to produced more potential 1St teamers.

we have known for 3 seasons where we should of have been looking & producing. We have a Reputation for introducing or buying young players,But 2nd Phase fringe  CB und Strikers,Don t seem to be pushing their noses forward......OR is Rodgers & co,not trusting ,confident or  willing to let some other Youngsters Filter

Onto the Bench...

Its the Lack of intern new names ready for their 1st team introduction is what is disconcerning to me...We havent heard anything further in the Development of players like Leshabela and only just recently Kaputska. 

Actually when we look at the 25+ names in our squad,it looks more than decent,than it has since we got promoted.For the 1st Time it Really does  looks like a Top 6 team..but I dont see the reason to Move Benkovic on. For Kaputska we should See After his hard Time with injuries,if we can Build on his potential,Maybe the rest of the season it might be prudent to send him out on loan,to a Team where he can build up his confidence also prove that he has a future in the PL...

Benko clears to Mendy, who passes to Kabutska, beats thrèe followed by a brilliant cross, held up by Slimani who knocks it past the two CBs and Nacho races on to score a bullet into the top corner, his fourth hatrick in a row. King, Silva and James all sold to Man Utd for £50m each.

Then Rudders wakes as Brendon phones; "wheres my f**king new CB and winger?"

Edited by FoxFossil

Hate to piss on anyone's fire here but being a star player at OHL is rather like getting the role of King Lear at the school play!

Probably a better standard at Forest! Well maybe not Forest....

But its really underestimated how difficult it is to adapt to living here as a youngster let alone playing here.

I really hope he is 1st team material but somehow I doubt it.

Sounds like sales talk to an old salesman such as me!

BTW the former name of OHL was

F. C. Zwarte Duivels... Wonder why they changed?

Guest An Sionnach
9 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Benko clears to Mendy, who passes to Kabutska, beats thrèe followed by a brilliant cross, held up by Slimani who knocks it past the two CBs and Nacho races on to score a bullet into the top corner, his fourth hatrick in a row. King, Silva and James all sold to Man Utd for £50m each.

Then Rudders wakes as Brendon phones; "wheres my f**king new CB and winger?"

Maybe we should get John Stones and Jesse Lingard , £100 millions worth of outstanding talent.🙃🙃

11 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Always a player who shocks/surprises you are in gaffers plans. Rainieri/Simpson, Puel/Mendy. Kaputska to be Rogers suprise? 

Think Rodgers has had his already with Kelechi

Big fan of him finally coming good for us. He’s not had the best time with injuries and if he’s now training with the first team then that can only be a positive. It would be like having a new player /cliche 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Or maybe they couldn’t get rid because of wages injuries etc

You know I often get it in the neck for criticising Chilwell's  recent performances , and its form not ability I mean, and I'm told to get behind our players. Kaputska, Benkovic, Hirst, Eppiah are also our players and we should support and encourage them as well. I remember when they used to say about a 20 y. o. John Terry, " a kid like that will not be able to cope with premiership pressure " . How do you know until you have given them a try?

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

You know I often get it in the neck for criticising Chilwell's  recent performances , and its form not ability I mean, and I'm told to get behind our players. Kaputska, Benkovic, Hirst, Eppiah are also our players and we should support and encourage them as well. I remember when they used to say about a 20 y. o. John Terry, " a kid like that will not be able to cope with premiership pressure " . 

How do you know until you have given them a try.

But that is exactly it ! ...  Brendan has given Benkovic one hell of a try up in Bonny Jockland ! ...  he knows him inside out.   We have two first choice centre halfs and Wes who stands in when needed and Fuchs as emergency cover.  Yet Brendan has highlighted a need for a new centre half NOW ..  not when Wes might retire ..  NOW.   If you believe all you read this is his number one priority even above (or as much as) a goal scoring winger.  Again, if you believe what you read we have put tentative offers in for established prem centre halfs and have been knocked back. We are not targeting a ‘young replacement’ as you have mentioned, ie  one for the future.    My original tongue in cheek post merely pointed out that ‘singing someone’s praises’ is the correct thing to do in terms of player confidence and not devaluing them ...   but in terms of their ability or as an answer to our problems means jack shit.

Guest An Sionnach
54 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

But that is exactly it ! ...  Brendan has given Benkovic one hell of a try up in Bonny Jockland ! ...  he knows him inside out.   We have two first choice centre halfs and Wes who stands in when needed and Fuchs as emergency cover.  Yet Brendan has highlighted a need for a new centre half NOW ..  not when Wes might retire ..  NOW.   If you believe all you read this is his number one priority even above (or as much as) a goal scoring winger.  Again, if you believe what you read we have put tentative offers in for established prem centre halfs and have been knocked back. We are not targeting a ‘young replacement’ as you have mentioned, ie  one for the future.    My original tongue in cheek post merely pointed out that ‘singing someone’s praises’ is the correct thing to do in terms of player confidence and not devaluing them ...   but in terms of their ability or as an answer to our problems means jack shit.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know but instead of grabbing all the cash we should have tried to get Chris Smalling as part of the Maguire deal. The fact that Jonny is playing for us and he and Smalling know each others game so well might have convinced him. If he had done though Caglar would have been benched most of the time and would not have been able to show his immense potential. There are no easy answers as usual.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

part of the reason to get a new cb NOW is to allow Benkovic to go on loan and get some games, to help him back to full fitness and aid his long term development, calm down and stop panicking, its just long term planning nothing more