Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Super Computer prediction !

I don’t know if this has been posted before but every time you look at a website it says about some sort of  number crunching super computer Which says which club will win the league will come second and will come third etc etc etc, What I want now first of all where is and what is the super bloody computer and has it really worked in the past and if so can you give me the winning lottery numbers for the EuroMillions tonight?  
This one says that we will not lose again this season and finish second behind Diverpool or as I’ve heard done call them VARerpool so what’s your thoughts on this secret super computer That predicts the final positions in the Premier League?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leciester-premier-league-prediction-liverpool-3747948

Edited by justfoxes

21 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I don’t know if this has been posted before but every time you look at a website it says about some sort of  number crunching super computer Which says which club will win the league will come second and will come third etc etc etc, What I want now first of all where is and what is the super bloody computer and has it really worked in the past and if so can you give me the winning lottery numbers for the EuroMillions tonight?  
This one says that we will not lose again this season and finish second behind Diverpool or as I’ve heard done call them VARerpool so what’s your thoughts on this secret super computer That predicts the final positions in the Premier League?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leciester-premier-league-prediction-liverpool-3747948

Suggest they turn it off and on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

"Super computer"! They're probably just running Football Manager on "holiday" mode!

To be fair, FM genuinely has about as much predictive power as the vast majority of these 'super computer' predictions.

They're all based on pretty basic statistical models which have been fed into a machine learning algorithm and allowed to run for a few cycles, but the input data is a (relatively) limited datasource and there's only so much model training/refinement that can go on before its just pure guesswork. Even then, a lot of the models tend to err on the side of caution more often than not - the SAM model that the BBC used a couple seasons ago (alongside Lawrenson's predictions) had a proclivity for predicting draws and wins by single-goal-margins, because that's all that its algorithm could account for.

Basically just ignore them. They're no better than guessing based on a small amount of contextual knowledge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Ever noticed that they NEVER give the result of these type of predictions only more predictions!

Maybe crap but I'll bet it outperforms Lawrenson!

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I know that people shit on the Merc for its journalistic abilities.... but this para...

When Leicester City were beaten by Southampton at The King Power last weekend, it all but ended any glimmering hopes of a second title win this century.

So, in case you are wondering, there is NO CHANCE of us winning the league over the next 80 years! :mad:

About the same chance we had of winning 2015/16 then. 

I ****ing love those odds. 

4 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I think you mean LiVARpool. Who’s ever called them VARerpool? lol

IBM are currently in the race to design and assemble a quantum computer utilising transmon superconducting qubits. If successful it will be capable of 1 quintillion calculations per second and will immediately be deployed on the complex tasks of mapping the human brain, reconciling classical physics and the subatomic, perfecting Artificial Intelligence and deciphering Ian Holloway's post match press conferences at Grimsby Town. 

• Haha 1