Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

LCFC most famous 11

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

The OP needs to define famous.

UK or World

As a celebrity 

As a pundit

As a footballer

As a ****

etc

Ok, all the above, basically! Our starting 11 of the most famous players ever to play for us. For debate. Fame to me is defined by numbers, so globally over uk. Fame can be bought by things done on and off the pitch during or after their city career.

10 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Bit bored, so thought I’d have a go at writing down our most world recognised starting 11. Just a bit of fun, for debate. Not much criteria, just the 11 through out our history which are regarded as being ‘house hold names’. Here’s my attempt:

4-3-1-2

Banks

Kåmark Keown Evans Fuchs 

Mancini Kante Cambiasso 

Mahrez 

Vardy Lineker 

Martin flipping Keown 🤮

"Worldwide" is massive though. I never realised until I went to other Countries and spoke to people who knew nothing about what I was speaking of.

I'd probably say Lineker the most famous. I'd say most footballing Countries would know of him.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

"Worldwide" is massive though. I never realised until I went to other Countries and spoke to people who knew nothing about what I was speaking of.

I'd probably say Lineker the most famous. I'd say most footballing Countries would know of him.

Yeah, I'd say Lineker, Cambiasso, Mancini, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Kane and Banks would be the ones known around the world.

The likes of Worthington, Weller, Chandler, Rowley etc are well known in Leicester and the UK but I wouldn't have though outside of that much.

Actually, when I lived in South Korea a lot of people knew who Heskey was.

• Like 1