Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Sky Sports fill Easter weekend with new and retro Premier League content

GOOD FRIDAY (April 10)

2pm: Premier League Retro: Man Utd 4-4 Everton (2012), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

4pm: Premier League Retro: West Ham 3-4 Spurs (2007) Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

6pm: Premier League Retro: Arsenal 4-3 Leicester (2017) Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

8pm: Premier League Retro: Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool (2009) Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

EASTER SUNDAY (April 12)

12pm: Premier League Retro: Leeds 4-3 Liverpool (2000), Sky Sports Premier League

2pm: Premier League Retro: Arsenal 4-4 Spurs (2008), Sky Sports Premier League

4pm: Premier League Retro: Man Utd 4-3 Man City (2009), Sky Sports Premier League

EASTER MONDAY (April 13)

12pm: Premier League Retro: Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd (1996), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

2pm: Premier League Retro: Chelsea 3-3 Man Utd (2012), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

4pm: Premier League Retro: Liverpool 3-2 Man City (2014), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

8pm: Premier League Retro: Chelsea 2-2 Spurs (2016), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Might be tempted to watch -  8pm: Premier League Retro: Chelsea 2-2 Spurs (2016), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

Thought our 5-3 win over Man U would be in there.

There's only wins and matches for the usual suspects in there....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why did you have to put the results down. Could have had a few beers and pretended they were live.

I'm just the copy and paste guy not the originator or editor :P

55 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why did you have to put the results down. Could have had a few beers and pretended they were live.

https://gu.com/football have been doing min-by-min text of old games. I enjoyed a few early 90s united champions league matches. Thankfully I’d forgot most of the results and could follow the games as a neutral rather than a anyone-but-united spectator of old!

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

There's only wins and matches for the usual suspects in there....

Hate to be that guy but I thought the same too. Granted the bigger sides have been in the PL longer to have more classic games than the likes of Burnley but whenever I see Sky PL filling airtime with tiny 15min slots, it's full of shite like Chelsea's/[insert top 6 side] best PL goals, best Manchester/North London derbies, Gary Neville's soccerbox with a former Utd player, blabla.

Portsmouth 7-4 Reading maybe? Everton v Stoke had a good game a few years ago didn't they, 4-4 or something? Arguably even our 9-0 win this season should be on that list

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Sky have got the the 30min highlights of 4 of our games under Rodgers at 5- 7 tonight not sure what season or the result

v Bournmouth

v Newcastle

v Southhampton

v Arsenal

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Hate to be that guy but I thought the same too. Granted the bigger sides have been in the PL longer to have more classic games than the likes of Burnley but whenever I see Sky PL filling airtime with tiny 15min slots, it's full of shite like Chelsea's/[insert top 6 side] best PL goals, best Manchester/North London derbies, Gary Neville's soccerbox with a former Utd player, blabla.

Portsmouth 7-4 Reading maybe? Everton v Stoke had a good game a few years ago didn't they, 4-4 or something? Arguably even our 9-0 win this season should be on that list

It’s a numbers game in terms of potential viewers - nothing else. It kinda just emphasises to me though that until we have greater success (and we are getting there) we are not in that club yet.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s a numbers game in terms of potential viewers - nothing else. It kinda just emphasises to me though that until we have greater success (and we are getting there) we are not in that club yet.

I don't see us getting to that club at all while the same broadcaster continues to sign players on behalf of the top six

On 09/04/2020 at 15:08, davieG said:

Might be tempted to watch -  8pm: Premier League Retro: Chelsea 2-2 Spurs (2016), Sky Sports Premier League; Sky Sports Main Event

I think I will watch this to see if my assessment of the game was correct in my fast fading memory.  Spurs were walking it 2-0, in complete control really and Chelsea couldn’t be arsed ....  and then, quite inexplicably, lamela stick in an unnecessary really dirty challenge on the far touchline which ignited the whole evening and got Chelsea at it .... the rest, as they say is our history! 

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think I will watch this to see if my assessment of the game was correct in my fast fading memory.  Spurs were walking it 2-0, in complete control really and Chelsea couldn’t be arsed ....  and then, quite inexplicably, lamela stick in an unnecessary really dirty challenge on the far touchline which ignited the whole evening and got Chelsea at it .... the rest, as they say is our history! 

Am I right in thinking that hazard started on the bench and was introduced at half time. What I still find funny though s that when chelsea equalised spurs still had 13 minutes to get themselves together and go for a winner, what did they do? Llost their shit and behaved like aggressive and petulant kids for that time kicking lumps out of players instead of playing any actual football. I’d have loved to have been in the chelsea team for that last 13, the wind-up-o-metre would have been cranked up to 11, as I’m sure it was lol

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Am I right in thinking that hazard started on the bench and was introduced at half time. What I still find funny though s that when chelsea equalised spurs still had 13 minutes to get themselves together and go for a winner, what did they do? Llost their shit and behaved like aggressive and petulant kids for that time kicking lumps out of players instead of playing any actual football. I’d have loved to have been in the chelsea team for that last 13, the wind-up-o-metre would have been cranked up to 11, as I’m sure it was lol

He was on the bench till half time - yes. 

9 outfield spurs players carded ..... brilliant !   

Just now, st albans fox said:

He was on the bench till half time - yes. 

9 outfield spurs players carded ..... brilliant !   

I can remember bouncing, pacing, shaking, rocking on the floor, ranting and speaking gibberish to the kids, mrs, dad and the tv in those last minutes. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It was unfortunately it led to headlines like this

Greatest Premier League moments: Martin Tyler chooses his top 12

10. Eden Hazard wins the Premier League for Leicester (No he didn't)
I feel I owe Leicester fans an apology for telling the fairytale of the Foxes through the eyes of another game. But it was at Stamford Bridge that the deal was sealed thanks to Tottenham, after leading 2-0, failing to beat Chelsea.

A year earlier Eden Hazard had clinched the title for his club with a winning goal against Crystal Palace. Now on exactly the same ground his equaliser had exactly the same outcome, but for a different team.

Because of the brutality of the contest there were unedifying scenes at the final whistle at Stamford Bridge. By far the more savoury aspect was being able to shout "Leicester City have won the Premier League. Leicester City are champions."

When you remember the East Midlands club only stayed in the division for that season thanks to a great escape from relegation in the previous campaign, it was an incredible saga. New manager Claudio Ranieri spent months emphasising the accepted survival tally of 40 points was his main target. Leicester finished with more than double that.

Jamie Vardy's rags-to-riches footballing career fashioned interest worldwide, in places where they had either never heard of Leicester or did not know how to pronounce it. The name Schmeichel resurfaced on a Premier League podium. Kasper now knew how dad Peter had felt to be a winner. Riyad Mahrez exploded on to the scene. It was a rum tale with a Captain Morgan writ large in it. Every player had a fascinating back story.

Lest you forget, the Foxes lost only three games in becoming champions. They finished 10 points clear. It was some triumph.

And it was some night at Chelsea when it was made official.

Mind you when Tyler places Beckham's halfway line goal at 4th and Rooney's overhead kick 8th I guess we shouldn't take them too seriously - Greatest Premier League moments: Martin Tyler chooses his top 12

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That tackle definetly changed the game. Spurs then completely bottled it as usual