Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

On 16/08/2020 at 13:29, Hales said:

Some of the comments were vile, even a couple of death threats 😲😢 I don't get it at all. He seems like a really lovely lad?

have gone too far? have you personally met him? otherwise you have no idea of his character.

Sadly I do think you not thinking rationally, and its all emotional because he is young and from the youth team.  You have some kind of emotional attachment to him.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If he's just resting and not able to run etc, nothing wrong with being on holiday relaxing.

Your right maybe hes just chilling out but the video of him running an belting a ball last week won’t do him no favours. Might just be doing some light training.

Edited by dannythefox

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

have gone too far? have you personally met him? otherwise you have no idea of his character.

Sadly I do think you not thinking rationally, and its all emotional because he is young and from the youth team.  You have some kind of emotional attachment to him.

You're aware that he was referring to Chelsea 'fans' commenting, right? I presume you agree that death threats are rather going too far by any standards.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're aware that he was referring to Chelsea 'fans' commenting, right? I presume you agree that death threats are rather going too far by any standards.

I am referring to the "hes a nice lad" comment.

But yeah the Chelsea comments are not surprising, as he isnt that good, and they will have higher expectations than Leics supporters.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

I am referring to the "hes a nice lad" comment.

But yeah the Chelsea comments are not surprising, as he isnt that good, and they will have higher expectations than Leics supporters.

You are passing on commenting on death threats? Are you kidding me?

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

I havent seen any death threats, I read the comments linked to in the post.

He referenced them, even if he didn't quote them - if you chose not to read that, or see it, and simply pass it off as having 'higher standards', that is rather troubling.

20 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

That's ridiculous! I said the death threats and other comments were not acceptable and you think I'm not thinking rationally? Wow! Maybe that says more about you than me. I would feel the same about anyone receiving that level of abuse as it's disgusting! I'm actually speechless at you having a go at me and patronising me on such a subject. 

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

That's ridiculous! I said the death threats and other comments were not acceptable and you think I'm not thinking rationally? Wow! Maybe that says more about you than me. I would feel the same about anyone receiving that level of abuse as it's disgusting! I'm actually speechless at you having a go at me and patronising me on such a subject. 

I think you know which bit I commented on, nice way to spin it though.

I don't get it at all. He seems like a really lovely lad?

Also feel free to link to these death threats.  

Edited by Chrysalis

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He referenced them, even if he didn't quote them - if you chose not to read that, or see it, and simply pass it off as having 'higher standards', that is rather troubling.

Yes I comment on what was on the linked page, which was a few Chelsea comments, of which none of them were death threats.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I think you know which bit I commented on, nice way to spin it though.

I'm not rising to you. The fact you are more upset that I said he seems a nice lad than the fact he received death threats as I said says more about you than me! By the way I'm not a he I'm a she! Have a nice night!

Just now, Hales said:

I'm not rising to you. The fact you are more upset that I said he seems a nice lad than the fact he received death threats as I said says more about you than me! By the way I'm not a he I'm a she! Have a nice night!

Right so there is no death threats, thank you.  Also I am not upset, I am taking part in a discussion, you seem to be really emotional right now, hes just one player dont worry, more will come in future.

Edited by Chrysalis

I've said it before on here but my mate used to work with the FA in the youth teams as player liaison. Said that he was by far the most down to earth lad and had a really nice family.

Not saying that means he's definitely a nice lad but it paints a picture.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

There was one very obvious one.

There is none confirmed until you link them or post a pic.

I am not been awkrawd here, I did look quite hard for a link on that news article to the twitter thread, but there wasnt one.  Possibly because of my adblocker since news sites are infested with ads.  So I can only comment on the comments I saw.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

There is none confirmed until you link them or post a pic.

I am not been awkrawd here, I did look quite hard for a link on that news article to the twitter thread, but there wasnt one.  Possibly because of my adblocker since news sites are infested with ads.  So I can only comment on the comments I saw.

Ok - there was a tweet posted that was as clear as day.

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

There was a tweet with him in some cross hairs, id say it’s a threat?

I would consider that as "a target".  So the way I would look at that is they closing in on the target.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am not going to accept there was death threats based on hear say from an emotional person.

Don't patronize me and call me emotional when I just defended myself from you. Like I say have a good night. If you think I'm lying then honestly I'm not bothered.....