Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well he can finish the season or wait till it's binned before he goes anywhere.

Aside from that, would like to think we could get a considerable amount for him and the club have some sort of idea regarding what they are going to do in terms replacements.

We need 4 academy graduate players to get into UCL along with our 25 man squad factoring we only currently have 3 of these in the first team we should be charging at least 100m to even consider it since it lowers our options in terms of how many players we can take with us in the UCL squad unless a youngster were to break through the U23s and be at the level required to be useful at champions league level. It would be imperative that we keep him at all costs!

Edited by Fightforever

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I would be shocked if any of these kind of young England player, big prem club to big prem club, huge money, huge wages, long contract type signings happened this summer. Clubs are surely going to sit back take stock and see how the football economy settles.

Chelsea spent almost nothing last summer or in jan.

they have spent half the hazard money on ziyech 

their owner remains well minted 

they can afford to spend a big wedge this summer and if they decide Ben is worth 70m then that’s their call ......  I would have thought they could find a cheaper alternative, especially given how some european clubs will be brassic .....

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chelsea spent almost nothing last summer or in jan.

they have spent half the hazard money on ziyech 

their owner remains well minted 

they can afford to spend a big wedge this summer and if they decide Ben is worth 70m then that’s their call ......  I would have thought they could find a cheaper alternative, especially given how some european clubs will be brassic .....

Yeah I do agree in theory chelsea will have money to spend but what I'm trying to say is the football economy is completely up in the air at the moment, for a number of reasons.

1. loss of revenues from being behind closed doors. Which is gate receipts, hospitality, food and beverage, events, sponsors etc I know in the premier league TV money and rich owners are king but this will have to have a huge effect on budgets.

2. Global recession. Just as an example In the USA unployment is currently at around 15% unemployment, this will be happening globally I doubt there will be a country that doesn't post a rise in unemployment in the coming months. I'm not sure when the current tv deals are up but this will have to effect the global TV revenue. Jobless and poor people don't tend to shell out for English Premier League games. 

3. The potential collapse of leauge 1 and 2 meaning lots of out of work professional footballers potential pushing wages down (or up for that matter).

Like I say I would be surprised if big clubs don't mainly stick with what they have this summer and see how the land lies in jan/summer 2021. I would be shocked to see chelsea spend the 170+ million on transfer fee and wages now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I genuinely don't know why anyone's listening to any transfer gossip right now. 

Nobody even knows if the season is finishing and people think the press have a clue about transfers? 

They're making it up even more than normal because they're desperate for stuff to write about. 

But the speculation! 

THE SPECULATION FINNEGAN!

What I believe:

1. He’s in Chelsea’s scout list.

2. We aren’t in talks

3. We can’t determine a value of the player currently - as no one knows revenue / monies available for next season.

4. They owe us about another £80,000,000 for Kante 

• Thanks 1

Chilwell is certainly ambitious- wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he favoured a move. When is he contracted until?

Staring England left back 23 years old... we don’t have to sell and Chelsea are cash rich having had a transfer ban. 90 million please or do one!

29 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Chilwell is certainly ambitious- wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he favoured a move. When is he contracted until?

Staring England left back 23 years old... we don’t have to sell and Chelsea are cash rich having had a transfer ban. 90 million please or do one!

2024  -  https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/first-team/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

What I believe:

1. He’s in Chelsea’s scout list.

2. We aren’t in talks

3. We can’t determine a value of the player currently - as no one knows revenue / monies available for next season.

4. They owe us about another £80,000,000 for Kante 

Lol,

5. we owe them about £30m refund on Drinkwater 

• Haha 1

Report: Chelsea eye Fode Ballo-Toure, boost for Leicester in race to keep Ben Chilwellmm
ByLee ConnorPublished on May 9, 2020SHARETWEET
Leicester City could be set for a boost in their hopes of keeping Ben Chilwell, with Chelsea reportedly eyeing Fode Ballo-Toure as a cheaper alternative.

According to Foot Mercato, the Blues are keeping a keen eye on Ballo-Toure, who could be available for less than half the £50m Chelsea may pay for Chilwell.

Fodo Ballo-Toure could be a target for Chelsea if they decide to move on from Ben Chilwell.  (Photo by VALERY HACHE / AFP) (Photo by VALERY HACHE/AFP via Getty Images)

The 23-year-old has developed into one of the most exciting prospects over in Ligue 1.

Currently playing for Monaco, Ballo-Toure looks to be the next in a long line of players to impress for the French club before being sold on for big money.

However, Monaco are unlikely to demand a fee as high as Leicester will for Chilwell. That could well convince Chelsea to take a punt on Ballo-Toure, especially with market uncertainty growing.

Chelsea have long been admirers of Ben Chilwell but could move for alternatives if Leicester stand their ground. (Photo by Mark Runnacles/Getty Images)

Leicester, on the other hand, will be hoping the Blues do go abroad. The Foxes are desperate to keep hold of Chilwell as they look to make a real go of things in the Champions League next season.

Chilwell the man, but Ballo-Toure is an interesting alternative – TBR View
While you’d expect Chelsea to still make a play for Chilwell, it is interesting to see that they are already looking at other players.

Could this mean that Leicester are digging their heels somewhat when it comes to the England man? That, of course, remains to be seen.

Frank Lampard is a big fan of Chilwell and he fits with the Chelsea manager’s ethos of playing young players with the ability to develop further.

However, money can sometimes talk. If Chelsea feel there is better value abroad, then they won’t be afraid to explore the European market again.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-chelsea-eye-fode-ballo-toure-boost-for-leicester-in-race-to-keep-ben-chilwell/

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I genuinely don't know why anyone's listening to any transfer gossip right now. 

Nobody even knows if the season is finishing and people think the press have a clue about transfers? 

They're making it up even more than normal because they're desperate for stuff to write about. 

This. 

Although Chilwell was dead pally with alot of Chelsea youth teamers a few years back if memory serves me correctly.