Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

If we pick up £60+ million for Chillwell it'll be delicious business. Will allow us to sign 2/3 players and strengthen the squad. I don't think his end product will improve dramatically at this point, I think Chelsea will be looking to replace him within two seasons.

I wish it wasn't Chelsea too..... I'm sick of seeing them in the news everyday after somebody else! They are buying the whole league apparently 😂 they have taken over from Man Utd. I hate transfer windows and want it done NOW!

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

For 70 million I wouldn't mind him going but he's one that I think we're yet to see the best of. 

I really wish it weren't Chelsea. 

11 minutes ago, Hales said:

I wish it wasn't Chelsea too..... I'm sick of seeing them in the news everyday after somebody else! They are buying the whole league apparently 😂 they have taken over from Man Utd. I hate transfer windows and want it done NOW!

I'm actually kinda glad it's Chelsea. The fact that they keep coming back for more means we're doing something right. We couldn't help Kante leaving - he wanted to go and we had a release clause which they gladly paid more than. We struggled the following season because his replacement got injured immediately, but Wilf has been a phenomenal 'replacement' who has become a great player in his own right. Kante's gone way down hill in the last couple of seasons IMO. We utterly rinsed them for Drinkwater - £37m was a ****ing disaster for them, Drinky, Villa and Burnley. Iborra did a good job for a couple of years but we have moved on and evolved quite well without Drinkwater. 

I'm convinced Ineos/Jim Ratcliffe must be sniffing around Chelsea again, no way is Abramovich bankrolling all this again with the Citizenship issues still there and the constant rebuttal of new stadium planning. They're genuinely talking about Chelsea being able to complete deals for a LB, CB and Havertz... that's 200m on top of what they've already spent. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can't believe people are happy to accept 60 million for the lad, especially when Ben White is meant to be around 50 million and Dwight McNeil is 40 million? We should be extracting Chelsea for every penny they've got.

£60m would make him about the 30th most expensive transfer for all time and 5th most expensive defender of all time. For a player who is arguably the weakest link in our back four then that's not bad. If you think £60m is having our pants down then you've lost all sense of value.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

£60m would make him about the 30th most expensive transfer for all time and 5th most expensive defender of all time. For a player who is arguably the weakest link in our back four then that's not bad. If you think £60m is having our pants down then you've lost all sense of value.

The weakest link in one of the best back 4s in the league though, that means nothing. Anything less than 70 for englands starting left back who's also 23 and weve had our pants down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't think it's having our pants down, but I wouldn't be gleaming with 60 million, it's the minimum we should accept reluctantly in my opinion. 70 million and I'd start to be happy about it. 60m is not a lot when you compare it to the numbers being pushed around for other English Prem players (who are less experienced and lesser players IMO).

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

For 70 million I wouldn't mind him going but he's one that I think we're yet to see the best of. 

I really wish it weren't Chelsea. 

I mean at this stage there are only a very small amount of clubs that can realistically expect to sign our best players. Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea. Anyone else would be highly questionable in terms of offering our top players a step up. Not the worst position to be in seeing as previously clubs like Bristol City and Reading were taking players from under our noses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why? First choice England international defender going from Leicester to a top 4 club. Pretty much as comparable as you can get in terms of transfers! 

Because Harry had just spent a major tournament in the shop window, and performed memorably. Chelsea are not even in the same ballpark of desperation as Man Utd were. No-one else would have paid what they paid for Harry, it was in essence a captive audience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can't believe people are happy to accept 60 million for the lad, especially when Ben White is meant to be around 50 million and Dwight McNeil is 40 million? We should be extracting Chelsea for every penny they've got.

Exactly. Tarkowski 40m? Then Chilwell must be 70m. Champions League and England experience and only going to get better or stagnate. So what just give us the money or stop wasting time while we scour the championship for a replacement

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£68 million is the world record for a left-back, we ain't getting more than that. That was for a guy who can also play centre-back. Similar age and international experience as Chilwell. 

Hernandez wasnt even a starter for atheltico madrid though and he wasnt sold to direct competition. If he's the benchmark then chilwell should cost way more than 70.

Heard the overall fee is agreed but they can’t agree on the structure of the payments, we want a big wedge of it up front and Chelsea want to stagger it more evenly over the course of Chilly’s contract with them. It’s gonna be more than £60 million though if rumours are to be believed. 

15 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Heard the overall fee is agreed but they can’t agree on the structure of the payments, we want a big wedge of it up front and Chelsea want to stagger it more evenly over the course of Chilly’s contract with them. It’s gonna be more than £60 million though if rumours are to be believed. 

hopefully no B/S payments contingent on Chelsea winning anything which probably wont happen until they (inevitably) bin Lampard

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is a huge issue at the minute. Twitter Mobs. They can be immensely powerful. Danny Baker tweeted something he thought was an innocent joke about royalty being performing monkeys before Prince Archie's birth, and the twitter mob came for him because they took the worst possible interpretation of it and assumed he was being racist about him being mixed race - the BBC sacked him. 

..you really believe what Baker posted was not deliberate?

Out of all the stock.images he could choose, he chose that one!!!

Never was a fan of Baker and put him in the same class as Clarkson and Trump.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I believe you're mistaken here. He realised it was a crass, naive error and apologised as such. Never heard a word of that from the two you mentioned. 

44 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Exactly. Tarkowski 40m? Then Chilwell must be 70m. Champions League and England experience and only going to get better or stagnate. So what just give us the money or stop wasting time while we scour the championship for a replacement

Who has paid £40m for Tarkowski?

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Not to go off topic, but I'm assuming you were aware that Baker often posted joke pictures of Chimps etc when talking about famous people and he's definitely way to the left of Clarkson and Trump !