Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

It's all boring to be honest,  all I know is we need 4 or 5 players if chilwell stays and I'm not convinced we will even sign 3. If we finish top 10 and get out of the europa league group stage I would take it at the minute. 

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

So you're expecting a mod to trawl through every post to see if there's anything of substance to update it? They do have lives outside of this forum as well. 

No need to trawl though it all. Make it the default. It will be bang on 96.4% of the time.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I think Chelsea are a bit savvier than, for example, Man Utd, which might explain why there's little news or movement.

We love playing hardball after getting rinsed by Kanté's release clause and almost losing Vardy because of the same reason.

But Chelsea's transfer market activity shows they're shrewd operators too. I know it looks like they're spending an astronomical amount, but the deals they've done so far have been really impressive. I'd be surprised if they paid £80m up front for Ben and very surprised if they paid £90m up front for Kai Havertz. Whereas Man United tried to play hardball but eventually relented and made a rod for their own backs. Now Dortmund think they can just bully Man Utd in the Sancho negotiations. You love to see it, you really do.

The counter argument to Chelsea's shrewdness is of course the Kepa and Drinkwater signings, but not every scouting system is perfect.

But it'll be interesting to see how these negotiations end up and if indeed Chilwell does depart.

Tbf the drinkwater transfer failed because conte left, if he'd have stayed we all know that kante-drinkwater pivot would have worked wonders for them but due to the change to 433 drinkwater didnt fit into the system anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Tbf the drinkwater transfer failed because conte left, if he'd have stayed we all know that kante-drinkwater pivot would have worked wonders for them but due to the change to 433 drinkwater didnt fit into the system anymore.

Not the fact hes shite then? 😂 We all knew Drinkwater werent good enough for Chelsea thats why we were laughing all the way to the bank just like we did with Maguire. Chelsea were never going to play counter attacking 40 percent possesion/hit it long to a rapid striker football like we did in 15/16 so was a completely pointless signing.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Chelsea have so so defenders, but not attacking minded defenders such as Chilwell. Chilwell could make a massive difference to the Chelsea team and his fast forward attributes their supporters should not ignore. Moreover Chelsea cannot compete with the European big boys aka Bayeren who they lost to 7-1 on aggregate, and IMO surely need quick forward thinking defenders like Chilwell.

Edited by st martin

12 minutes ago, st martin said:

Chelsea have so so defenders, but not attacking minded defenders such as Chilwell. Chilwell could make a massive difference to the Chelsea team and his fast forward attributes their supporters should not ignore. Moreover Chelsea cannot compete with the European big boys aka Bayeren who they lost to 7-1 on aggregate, and IMO surely need quick forward thinking defenders like Chilwell.

Chilwell will no doubt help them, but probably won't stop them conceding the stupid goals they do. GK and at least one new CB are all needed. They arguably need a new CM to transition play from midfield to attack as Kovacic is capable but needs rotation.

Guest An Sionnach
12 minutes ago, st martin said:

A large number of Chelsea fans are not convinced about him though so he had better hit the ground running if he does go.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Chilwell will no doubt help them, but probably won't stop them conceding the stupid goals they do. GK and at least one new CB are all needed. They arguably need a new CM to transition play from midfield to attack as Kovacic is capable but needs rotation.

Agree to an extent. But I believe Chilwell will play his socks off for Chelsea and his attacking prowess down the wing could whack up Chelsea's  goal tally considerably. 

12 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Would love Tomori as part of this deal. 

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I thought that even if its a loan for a year.

Yes I think he would be good for us. But if Chelsea now see us as a threat or challengers for a top 4/6 place then they may not want to loan a decent player to one of their 'rivals'.

If they want Chilwell that badly maybe we should insist that Tomori is part of the deal as a permanent transfer, otherwise no deal.

Has anything changed since I posed this?

On 29/07/2020 at 19:55, urban.spaceman said:

We should just close the thread and pin the Maguire one from last summer to the top to be honest. The papers, bloggers and magazine sites are going to be posting all sorts of drivel all summer - that the deal is done for £50m; the deal has been done for £60m; Leicester might take £70m plus add ons for winning the Carabao Cup; Chelsea are now pursuing other players in that position; LEICESTER are now pursuing other players in that position; "he's only worth about £40m" says retired Chelsea legend; Leicester want a world record fee but will have to be more realistic and accept a lower offer; Chelsea hope Chilwell will help lower the asking price by handing in a transfer request - (this one has already happened today) - none of them know anything, it's all clickbait bollocks and I won't believe a thing until Percy says it.

We should all know the deal by now.

Leicester don't want to sell.

Leicester don't need the money.

So either give us a world record fee or stop wasting our time.

• Like 2

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Has anything changed since I posed this?

Basically moving toward that conclusion. Chelsea will have to stump up some extra up front or Chilwell will have to put in a transfer request and sacrifice his loyalty bonus.

Forget the money they are paying; if this goes three, that's three good players with good futures that Chelsea will have signed this year. Another dynasty is being quietly put together there.

16 hours ago, dannythefox said:

So he’s been training today then so all the stuff about emptying his locker was rubbish 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

What would a multimillionaire footballer keep in a locker that they’d consider so important that they simply had to go and fetch it and couldn’t move to their next multi-million

contract without taking with them? A lucky jock-strap? Shin-pads that carry an emotional attachment ? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️