Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m ok with this if we spend wisely

We must spend. Our squad is not good enough

To sell our top young English left back (for granted, a lot of money) and for this to be happily accepted on here, whilst some are spaffing over giving Mendy a contract extension, shows the direction we are currently going... backwards

We must strengthen now or this is going to be a very difficult season imo

Hyperbole or what.

Nobody is "spaffing" over a new contract for Mendy. Rather, seeing it for the sensible piece of business it is for a 5th/6th choice central midfielder.

The Chilwell deal was inevitable. If we don't reinvest it properly then we can talk about going backwards.

• Like 1

Is he any better than what they've already got? I don't think so. Not quite Slabhead levels, but another nice pants-down job by us.

I seriously doubt he'll be a success there. Fans will be on his back way more than they were here.

Hope this means we can get to work bringing a few players in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To sell our top young English left back (for granted, a lot of money) and for this to be happily accepted on here, whilst some are spaffing over giving Mendy a contract extension, shows the direction we are currently going... backwards

Not a backward step, selling the weakest member of our back four for £50m is a positive bit of business. 

56 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Agree with this.

Officially concerned.

I'm not, I wouldn't be surprised to see us right down the line with his replacement.

We've known this was happening for ages so we'll know what we're doing.

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

you could see his head was turned probably wanted us to drop out of the top 4 knowing he was going to Chelsea. 

was he really injured or just dropped

Are we in for lee catamole now we are flush?

Edited by foxinsocks

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

45m

Undisclosed but not sure you’re right unless u r ITK? However I shall correct my comment just in case. 

‘Not a backward step, selling the weakest member of our back four for £45m is a positive bit of business.‘ 

43 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I liked him, but for whatever reason the partnership never really worked with him and Harvey Barnes, and for that reason we needed a change. 

Whether it’s just me but barnes constantly seemed to wonder infield instead of playing wide. Whether or not Rodgers told him to do that I don’t know. We certainly need a quality wide player and lb now. 

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm not, I wouldn't be surprised to see us right down the line with his replacement.

We've known this was happening for ages so we'll know what we're doing.

You'd think so but that's what I thought when Mahrez left, given the advance warning we had.

On 25/08/2020 at 14:49, The People's Hero said:

This guy is a fraud. I've looked in to it and there is no such nation as GREBLAND.

The Gredlandese Ambassador has been in touch and its been pointed out that I should apologise.

I'm sorry to Grebland and indeed the great Greblandese nation of people. A proud people, and creators of course of the great Greblandese language as well as the only consumers of the quite awful Greblandese cuisine.

But most of all, sorry to you Greb. Grebland's favourite son.

Edited by The People's Hero
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Couldn’t for the life of understand why they gave Mendy another 3 year deal. He should have moved on. But who else would want him. 

• Like 1