Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

3 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Only Jamal I am interested is Jamal Balti House on Braunstone Gate ! 

..I have only watched the YouTube video!!!

Looks a very raw prospect, he has a somewhat awkward style of running, good close control and is willing to drive forward with the ball. Similar to Chilwell in carrying the ball, he is good going forward until he gets to the box then you can see doubt creeps into his mind and the end result in not there.

There is no reason why he can not excel in this position, he seems the perfect raw  fledgling to turn into something special. He needs to take the responsibility with the ball in the final third, until he does this, he will be constantly laying the ball back to his midfield when he is more than capable of beating his defender.

His running gait is a lot like Sterling, he looks slight but is strong in possession and in defence.

I really think he could be special, he just needs to take more responsibility and courage to take the ball into the box.

Potential like goodwill is an intangible and prices based as such are hard to evaluate.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I have only watched the YouTube video!!!

Looks a very raw prospect, he has a somewhat awkward style of running, good close control and is willing to drive forward with the ball. Similar to Chilwell in carrying the ball, he is good going forward until he gets to the box then you can see doubt creeps into his mind and the end result in not there.

There is no reason why he can not excel in this position, he seems the perfect raw  fledgling to turn into something special. He needs to take the responsibility with the ball in the final third, until he does this, he will be constantly laying the ball back to his midfield when he is more than capable of beating his defender.

His running gait is a lot like Sterling, he looks slight but is strong in possession and in defence.

I really think he could be special, he just needs to take more responsibility and courage to take the ball into the box.

Potential like goodwill is an intangible and prices based as such are hard to evaluate.

Demarai Gray kept popping into my head as I was reading that :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to sell Chilwell to sign the players we need. 

Sell:

Slimani £10m

Iheanacho £20m

Gray £15m

Ghezzal £5m

plus losing the wages of King, Kaputska, Silva, James, Diabate, Amartey with possibly another £2m in fees too. So that’s ten out (might have to settle for 7/8) and £52m in. 

Sign:

Trincao £7.5m loan fee

Edouard £30m

M Sarr free

Buendia £20m

Books balanced, and a second winger would be possible if the club went a little beyond their usual £25-30m net spend.

Your assuming clubs will pay those fees, bearing in mind they are in the last year of contract.

id expect clubs to try and get a bargain next year, and get them on loan this year.

hope I’m wrong though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Demarai Gray kept popping into my head as I was reading that :ph34r:

...I understand why you would think so!!!!

Gray does not fit this perception in terms of how he plays. Gray plays with his head down, unaware of the support around him and does not see the avenues to release the ball into. Lewis can see and relate to the players around him and his short comings are an inability to take on his defender to open up a defence and lay the ball off, something he is quite capable of doing. Gray will go into a situation and inevitably shoot as he sees no other option, not because there aren't but because he does not see it.

It has been noticeable that recently he has been attempting to play with his head up, switching the play and being more aware of the players in support. It is also noticeable since he scored against Sheffield I believe, he has reverted to shooting at every opportunity when that option is clearly the wrong thing to do.

29 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Your assuming clubs will pay those fees, bearing in mind they are in the last year of contract.

id expect clubs to try and get a bargain next year, and get them on loan this year.

hope I’m wrong though 

I am making some assumptions for sure. But eg Slim has had a good season at Monaco and there will be clubs interested. I think in another market he could go for more; in this, & taking his wages into account I think £10m is achievable.

I looked at the four sellable players in the same way. Lots of mid/lower tier PL clubs would be delighted to have Iheanacho. Ditto Gray. And even Ghezzal has done enough in Serie A to have more than negligible value.

Most of the others on my exit-list would be as you suggest, either frees or loans. 

Not sure all are in the last year of their contracts either? Slim is contracted to ‘22, as I think is Nacho?

• Like 1

So Chilly is going nowhere apparently? John Percy has spoken. Tore his hip flexor on holiday in Greece. Deal now in jeopardy as he will definitely miss the start of the season...

IGNORE! Brother sent me a screenshot, think it's a fake John Percy twitter page! 🙄

Edited by Hales
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hales said:

So Chilly is going nowhere apparently? John Percy has spoken. Tore his hip flexor on holiday in Greece. Deal now in jeopardy as he will definitely miss the start of the season...

appreciate the edit. I didn't like the exclamation mark that he was staying because is injured.

38 minutes ago, Hales said:

IGNORE! Brother sent me a screenshot, think it's a fake John Percy twitter page! 🙄

word was that he would miss the start of the season so that bits right in any case ......won’t stop any deal going through

12 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Can’t believe people are so excited about selling not only our own player but a academy graduate. 

I wouldn't call it excited to sell. But history tells us players like to move to the big clubs and £80M fees are too big for me to want the club to pass up on. Footballers are human and morale is important to quality of work no matter who you are. Stifling a move might mean not getting the most out of a player and that value decreasing. It wasn't too long ago that a certain prima donna said he wouldn't play for us again after his transfer was denied and then he went on strike for a couple weeks and because we were so beholden to him let him back in the team when he was done having his tantrum.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a lot of time for your posts but unless you can come up with a way in which we can keep all our best young players, be able to offer them £100k a week and them be happy to sign when they establish themselves and the bigger clubs want them, which means our wage bill will be around £200m a year. Plus find £50-75m a season for new signings to continually improve then I agree with you but that's nigh on impossible, we don't have the commercial capabilities to generate £250-300m a season until we get CL football every season. So selling 1 player per season for a ridiculous fee and having a sought after scouting team to keep replenishing with cheaper players with just as much potential is the way to go. Just like Dortmund and Sevilla do year in, year out.

On reflection I agree with you and @Babylon I guess I just got annoyed at the fact we’re shipping off a home grown talent. When in reality as you and babs eloquently put, we’re not a financial powerhouse in terms of keeping up with united and co, but we can be shrewd, generate our own funds to later spend to bring in better players. I guess I was being sentimental and slightly concerned about having to potentially fill another vacancy in the squad. But if it means buying a replacement and another decent player then I’m all for it. It’s been a long few months, I’m pissed off with how the season ended and I am somewhat sad to see Chilly leave. 

But if we can be a bit like RB Leipzig, Dortmund and Atlético then there’s no reason why we can’t become a regular in Europe. Forwards we march, in a few years it will be our players football manager fans will be creaming themselves over! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a lot of time for your posts but unless you can come up with a way in which we can keep all our best young players, be able to offer them £100k a week and them be happy to sign when they establish themselves and the bigger clubs want them, which means our wage bill will be around £200m a year. Plus find £50-75m a season for new signings to continually improve then I agree with you but that's nigh on impossible, we don't have the commercial capabilities to generate £250-300m a season until we get CL football every season. So selling 1 player per season for a ridiculous fee and having a sought after scouting team to keep replenishing with cheaper players with just as much potential is the way to go. Just like Dortmund and Sevilla do year in, year out.

Absolutely and it's the only way for us and most other teams in truth. Unless you're one of the Manchester club's etc and can seemingly be forever bank-rolled that's the state of play likeitornot. Besides, usually, it's the best team as a whole that wins a game, not an individual  unless you've got Messi or Ronaldo to help out.

To sell a player, albeit regrettably like Maguire, but to then be able to buy two or three players to improve the team as a whole and invest in further future sell on value, has to be financial good sense and futureplanning. In recent times we've been very good or even one of the best at this. The mistake was made previously investing in risky high priced players like Slimani and Silva who were never going to have any resale value due to age. Maddison, Maguire, Ricardo, Ndidi and Soyuncu were all players around the 15-20m market and there's still value in that price range. Start paying 50m for even a young player like Trincao for example is a big risk for me and not worth it.

Our current model of business coupled with some great young prospects coming through like Justin, Choudhury, Barnes, Thomas and Dewsbury Hall, I feel, allows us to be fairly optimistic and have quite a start on a number of our Premiership rivals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Literally the only way to build a club of our size, unless you get bank rolled ala man city.

17 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I've watched him a couple times. Constantly exposed defensively, very inconsistent offensively. Every Norwich fan I've spoken to says he performed poorly. Klopp may have wanted him, and maybe he could have made something of him. That doesn't guarantee that Brendan could do the same. He is a big gamble, and a very clear downgrade on Chilwell.

Edit: also, Klopp clearly didn't think he was worth Norwich's valuation of him, as he signed Tsimikas instead.

He was exposed mainly due to Norwich’s naive tactics for a newly promoted side. Young players tend to be inconsistent and guidance. Has a fair few qualities that can be developed to make him a very good LB. I don’t think we are going to get a ready made replacement for Chilwell or anyone else for that matter if and when he does go.

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to sell Chilwell to sign the players we need. 

Sell:

Slimani £10m

Iheanacho £20m

Gray £15m

Ghezzal £5m

plus losing the wages of King, Kaputska, Silva, James, Diabate, Amartey with possibly another £2m in fees too. So that’s ten out (might have to settle for 7/8) and £52m in. 

Sign:

Trincao £7.5m loan fee

Edouard £30m

M Sarr free

Buendia £20m

Books balanced, and a second winger would be possible if the club went a little beyond their usual £25-30m net spend.

I reckon you've over estimated the value of those players to sell by about £18m