Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

54 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Hernandez wasnt even a starter for atheltico madrid though and he wasnt sold to direct competition. If he's the benchmark then chilwell should cost way more than 70.

How much is "way more than 70"?

51 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Heard the overall fee is agreed but they can’t agree on the structure of the payments, we want a big wedge of it up front and Chelsea want to stagger it more evenly over the course of Chilly’s contract with them. It’s gonna be more than £60 million though if rumours are to be believed. 

Heard from where?

You don't need to be specific.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Accepted but that in no way answers my question.

I have no knowledge of an amount being 'agreed' but it wouldn't surprise me.

The hold up on the Maguire deal was on how it was structured and LCFC engaged in a bit of brinksmanship and got their way there - United had to pay a much larger chunk up front than they wanted to.

What the other poster said therefore wouldn't surprise me... but I thought the two clubs were still quite a way apart in the valuation. Its no secret that Chelsea want him. We would want a lot of money and would likely want the bulk of it up front (in my estimation)

Sorry as this doesn't really move the conversation forward. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

skybet odds now 1/20 …… means nothing really but never seen odds as short as that without a deal being done within a fairly brief period thereafter …...

Do they have a reciprocal price to stay?

If not then it means the square root of diddly squat. 

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

skybet odds now 1/20 …… means nothing really but never seen odds as short as that without a deal being done within a fairly brief period thereafter …...

Unless Chilwell puts in a transfer request (which kills his loyalty bonus from the deal) then I wouldn't be surprised to see this go world record for a left back territory.

Again, just my 2p... I don't want people coming shouting me down!

(That's if he even goes!)

46 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Do they have a reciprocal price to stay?

If not then it means the square root of diddly squat. 

No one does any more -

they don’t want any more money placed on this move happening. We know these markets are only small but the basic point is that 1/20 says it will happen. They are actively dissuading any bets being placed 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No one does any more -

they don’t want any more money placed on this move happening. We know these markets are only small but the basic point is that 1/20 says it will happen. They are actively dissuading any bets being placed 

Of Abrahmovic was smart he'd get one of his Russian cronies to bung 20million on for a bit of cash back. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No one does any more -

Could they not simply close the market? 

Just now, foxile5 said:

Of Abrahmovic was smart he'd get one of his Russian cronies to bung 20million on for a bit of cash back. 

I assume you’re joking, because the max stake is usually fairly low on these markets. Low meaning about £20. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No one does any more -

1/20 without a reciprocal price says to me they probably know nothing. There will be a subset of people who see 1/20 and bet it because it must be a "sure thing". If Chilwell was 12/1 to stay at Leicester then I'd say they knew something but you can't bet on that which is telling.

The same as cutting Chilwell from 1/20 to 1/50 doesn't necessarily mean he's more likely to leave.

I've just looked at SkyBet's transfer specials and it's a mugs market with the shocking prices on offer. We're 5/4 to get Brooks and we haven't even been linked to him. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Heard from where?

You don't need to be specific.

Been told by someone who works with Chelsea, I used to work in football and we went to uni together. I’ve been told it’s over £60 million but don’t know the exact figures obviously. Chilwell is adamant about leaving to go to Chelsea, doesn’t want to go anywhere else and again take it with a pinch of salt but apparently he’s prepared to hand in a transfer request if needed to get it over the line. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..you really believe what Baker posted was not deliberate?

Out of all the stock.images he could choose, he chose that one!!!

Never was a fan of Baker and put him in the same class as Clarkson and Trump.

I really don’t agree it was deliberate. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Been told by someone who works with Chelsea, I used to work in football and we went to uni together. I’ve been told it’s over £60 million but don’t know the exact figures obviously. Chilwell is adamant about leaving to go to Chelsea, doesn’t want to go anywhere else and again take it with a pinch of salt but apparently he’s prepared to hand in a transfer request if needed to get it over the line. 

I think he will hand one in too, he'll be going from about £55k a week here to possibly quadruple that so the loss of a loyalty bonus will quite quickly be replenished.