Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Jokes on them when his heel goes again in a few weeks.

I know they'll have done their tests and experts who know far more than me, but there is nothing they can accurately check to see if that's going to flare up again. 

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Doubt it....

So do I!

This deal been done a short while anyway, I imagine the day of the announcement was agreed.

Chelsea seem to be signing and announcing fairly frequently.

We have a better training ground though. Mugs..

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I know they'll have done their tests and experts who know far more than me, but there is nothing they can accurately check to see if that's going to flare up again. 

Things like that can very easily go chronic. You always need to carry 2 x great full backs when there is a doubt like that. 

Wish him well he has had his critics on this forum 

Now recruitment team please show us there is a plan in place to strengthen the squad overall. Cannot see where 3 or 4 quality signings are coming from to be honest. 

Edited by Edingleyfox

Not particularly bothered - provided we get a decent replacement, which is looking increasingly uncertain to be honest.

Not going to wish him luck, not out of malice or bitterness but because he now plays for a rival club, a club in fact that I have particularly little time for.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Sad to see him leave but that can easily be quashed if we sign a decent replacement. One who can hopefully do for Luke Thomas what Fuchs did for Chilwell.

One thing's for sure - I hope we stop dealing with Chelsea for good now. They're a rival now and we should stop strengthening them. 3 players is way too many.

No hard feelings, got his move, not his fault the club didn't get the fee that was originally quoted. 

Personally I found him fairly average but that is compared to Ricardo on the other flank.

Glad it's him that's gone ahead of: Vardy, Kasper,Maddison, Barnes, Evans, Soyuncu and Ricardo. I guess like many, I feel this being a good deal hinges on who (if anyone) replaces him. Im worried we are not close to that replacement yet.

How good a deal this is depends on how he is replaced. £50m plus add ons is a great fee for a full back. It’s a good move for him, hopefully it works out for us as well. I would have liked to have seen him stay another year and see if he could find his form back, but at the end of the day, if he wants out and we get £50-60m out of it, then we move on. Hopefully we can strengthen the squad in a way that allows us to perform at a consistent level rather than peaks and troughs of form