Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Just now, don_danbury said:

is there add ons? there's no way he should go for just 50m. he's younger and as average as maguire. i guess beating panama and other crap teams in a world cup puts the price tag up by 30m lol 

Yeah; substantial. If all goes well, will top out at £70mn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Shame he's gone. Academy product, England left back but Chelsea have wanted him for a fair few years now.

I think that’s the bitter pill. The fact he’s an academy product. Had we finished in the top 6, this doesn’t happen. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I think that’s the bitter pill. The fact he’s an academy product. Had we finished in the top 6, this doesn’t happen. 

Confuzzled.

I reckon at that fee and £190k per week and lots of tapping up, it 100% happens regardless.

But we finished 5th....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I assume you mean top 4 mate? But yeah more than likely. If the departure was only delayed for say a year🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We finished 5th?!? Assume you mean top 4! :D

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Confuzzled.

I reckon at that fee and £190k per week and lots of tapping up, it 100% happens regardless.

But we finished 5th....

100% happens. He’ll be closer to his mate Ali now. 

I was surprised Maddison re-signed in all honesty. 

I hate him and I hate Chelsea. I remember the filbert street days vs Chelsea and their fans were just thugs.. The added bonus is that he has to walk onto the pitch with that dreadful whistling music before kickoff every home game....

• Like 1

Just now, Sly said:

100% happens. He’ll be closer to his mate Ali now. 

I was surprised Maddison re-signed in all honesty. 

Bet there is a nice cosy release clause though mate.

I think we just need to hope he has a great season and that United are involved in the bidding. Get the Maguire team on the job and we should get about £400million for him

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I meant top four. Pre occupied whilst typing haha!

No worries. I think he was gone anyway, perfect club for him to be honest. He's in London with all his buddies and his huge wages.

I can barely even blame the lad. £190k per week. Even if he wanted to stay, no way he gets that here.

24 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Not too disappointed. I know that won’t be a popular opinion. Final straw for me was when he was laughing and joking with their players after we lost in the cup. Out of our starting XI if we had to lose 1 player I’d rather it would be him. 

I liked him, but for whatever reason the partnership never really worked with him and Harvey Barnes, and for that reason we needed a change. 

I’m ok with this if we spend wisely

We must spend. Our squad is not good enough

To sell our top young English left back (for granted, a lot of money) and for this to be happily accepted on here, whilst some are spaffing over giving Mendy a contract extension, shows the direction we are currently going... backwards

We must strengthen now or this is going to be a very difficult season imo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

If Alonso had played the same minutes as Chilwell this season his stats would smash his in most areas. Strange signing, easily replaceable but I wish him well.

I am surprised he hasn't got more headed clearances, and he's actually got more tackles (in contrast) than I would have expected. For a defender he often seems quite reluctant to put a tackle in! 

Just now, rachhere said:

I am surprised he hasn't got more headed clearances, and he's actually got more tackles (in contrast) than I would have expected. For a defender he often seems quite reluctant to put a tackle in! 

Quite a few of his tackles were often up the pitch, pressing, ready to immediately give it away and have the ball played in behind him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2