Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

If would be so easy,to Supply a Medical mask-free id-card......

If would be so easy to have Shops in the center/ Shopping malls  sharing Security guards,with Powers to eject...

It would be so easy to have a Gestapo with the power to put people in prison for having the wrong paperwork.

To what extent do you think the government should be able to control the lives of the people?  This is supposed to be a democracy.  The government governs by consent.  They aren't even talking to Parliament about all these powers.

Anyway, it wouldn't be easy to supply a medical mask-free i.d. card because the doctors are all in hiding.  Who is going to certify the need?  And how, if a patient goes in and says they suffer anxiety and panic attacks with a mask on, is the doctor supposed to check?  How can anyone adequately test whether a person needs their companion to be unmasked because of lipreading?  Is there a specific test for a certain percentage of hearing reduction?  What if it depends on the background noise?

2 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

It would be so easy to have a Gestapo with the power to put people in prison for having the wrong paperwork.

To what extent do you think the government should be able to control the lives of the people?  This is supposed to be a democracy.  The government governs by consent.  They aren't even talking to Parliament about all these powers.

Anyway, it wouldn't be easy to supply a medical mask-free i.d. card because the doctors are all in hiding.  Who is going to certify the need?  And how, if a patient goes in and says they suffer anxiety and panic attacks with a mask on, is the doctor supposed to check?  How can anyone adequately test whether a person needs their companion to be unmasked because of lipreading?  Is there a specific test for a certain percentage of hearing reduction?  What if it depends on the background noise?

Give them a visor instead :dunno:

15 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

people are willing this to happen,  embracing the 'new normal' .

unbelievable. 

Visors and masks don't stop the spread they limit it. Seat belts don't stop you getting injured in an accident they help to lessen the impact. Its about mitigating the risk not stopping it.

as far as doctors issuing exemptions to wearing a mask this was on a local website 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/im-exempt-from-wearing-mask-so-why-cant-i-see-my-gp-233794/

Would the person not wanting to wear a mask take any notice of the doctor this lady isnt.

3 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

do you have any actual science to back this up? and if true why were we not wearing them in March when we had an exponential spread of covid.

Because there wasn't enough of them for the NHS, let alone everyone. :frusty:

3 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

we are already there.

For now. :frusty:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

do you have any actual science to back this up? and if true why were we not wearing them in March when we had an exponential spread of covid.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Because of both the limited supply and the change of advice from the WHO and we where in a much more strict lock down the country is pretty much back to near normal working with exceptions in some industries and the suggested reduction in social distancing to 1mtr rather that two. I am not sure about covid but I am sure when I fart the closer you stand the more it smells  but I know this isn't science but it is simple common sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Screenshot_20200924-100635_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pretty much as you would expect from a form president of a company it would have part of his payment package. it would be worrying if be bought them the day before the contract was issued. the Government has already agreed to purchase 5 different vaccines strange they only link him with his former employer.  

Edited by twoleftfeet

14 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Pretty much as you would expect from a form president of a company it would have part of his payment package. it would be worrying if be bought them the day before the contract was issued. the Government has already agreed to purchase 5 different vaccines strange they only link him with his former employer.  

Complete non-story.  I'de be shocked if he didn't have them.  And you can't sell a deferred share bonus until it vests, so not much he can do about it.

43 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

The numbers were limited, so unsurprisingly we allowed the front line NHS workers to use the ones we had. 

38 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Screenshot_20200924-100635_Samsung Internet.jpg

I visited the dailmail to get the smallprint so you guys didn't have to scroll past all the ads and shit. You're welcome. So he doesn't have any imput into the contracts the government give out, so a complete nothing of a story. 

A spokesman told MailOnline: 'Upon his appointment, appropriate steps were taken to manage the Government Chief Scientific Adviser's interests in line with advice provided at the time.

'The GCSA has no input into contractual and commercial decisions on vaccine procurement which are taken by Ministers following a robust cross-Government approvals regime.' 

Sources said Mr Vallance sold his shares in GSK, either before starting his role or after a legal mandatory holding period - and he now only holds a deferred bonus which is a matter of public record and matures in April 2021.

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

Where there is a will,theres a way. You have disabled passes,you have Pensioner passes...

I dont care,I live in a free society,that sometimes uses its Common-sense & noggin....

I am disabled,also I have in my pass/id..including with accompanied companion..!!

My pass is recognised World-wide, with the travelling necessities and restrictions...

People can Play dumb...but then take the consequensies....Pendemic is Now 6+ months. Medical History is usually filed.

New Anxiety patients can also go through the admin/specialits,to prove their difficulties...

My relatives in England still go to the doctor....

As they say, it aint rocket-science.

I would say some People have suddenly stopped,or lost the ability to think...I

There is a problem ..solve it.!!

UK democrocy doesn't need to be changed...

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8768129/Rishi-Sunak-announces-coronavirus-bailout-business.html

I dread to think of the tax we're gonna be paying for the rest of our lives.

And the inevitable impact on our public services.

We’re still cleaning up the mess from 2008. There’s an entire generation of people who will be paying higher taxes for worse public services for their entire working lives.

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8768129/Rishi-Sunak-announces-coronavirus-bailout-business.html

I dread to think of the tax we're gonna be paying for the rest of our lives.

I fear that this will mean that those on furlough for multiple jobs while also working elsewhere are going to receive another handout. Hopefully the screening will be tighter this time round as I know of several people laughing all the way to the bank due to the Covid crisis.

Seems the uselessness of the government has infected the Treasury and Sunak. A crap job support scheme that relies on employers' goodwill to keep people in jobs that might actually be viable. I mean in many cases you might as well make someone redundant and recruit someone on a part-time contract. And absolutely nothing on job creation.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 1