Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Got our first scan appointment through for our second child and I'm not allowed in. Not sure if this has been brought in as a result of the new guidance or has been the case throughout. 

I understand the need to limit people in hospitals but it's bit shit when you consider the things you are allowed to do. If they run on time, I'd likely be in there for 5 minutes.

They've been operating like that since the start of lockdown. I had to miss both nhs scans.

Congrats though!

Edited by Fktf

21 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Got our first scan appointment through for our second child and I'm not allowed in. Not sure if this has been brought in as a result of the new guidance or has been the case throughout. 

I understand the need to limit people in hospitals but it's bit shit when you consider the things you are allowed to do. If they run on time, I'd likely be in there for 5 minutes.

It’s pointless anyway, all you see is some weird cartoon like alien. Good for checking the baby is healthy, but not much else.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fktf said:

They've been operating like that since the start of lockdown. I had to miss both nhs scans.

They've said I'll be able to go to next one, but that will probably change by the time that comes around. I understand during the peak but not sure it's needed currently. 

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s pointless anyway, all you see is some weird cartoon like alien. Good for checking the baby is healthy, but not much else.

lol 

Yeah not too bothered about missing it  if the baby is healthy, although I think seeing the images for the first time should be a shared experience. If something was wrong though I'd like to be in there. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Feel free to move to China if you want to live in a police state!  FFS the death rate is miniscule and you want to hand over your freedoms.  Un ****ing believable.

so many people are willing to live like this, frightened to death due to main stream media coverage.

If you are fit and healthy the chances of dying is so small it's not worth worrying about.

problem with handing over freedoms is they then become normal and you never get them back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

so many people are willing to live like this, frightened to death due to main stream media coverage.

If you are fit and healthy the chances of dying is so small it's not worth worrying about.

problem with handing over freedoms is they then become normal and you never get them back.

There lies the problem for many, they are not fit and healthy!!! Too many fags, chicken dippers and McDonald’s.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

They've said I'll be able to go to next one, but that will probably change by the time that comes around. I understand during the peak but not sure it's needed currently. 

We ended up paying something like £50 for a private scan. Timed it for between the 20 week scan and birth, as there's not much contact with anyone between those dates (midwife appointments were over the phone) - so it gave us the chance to go to a scan together, and provided a little peace of mind that everything was going ok.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Some sad parents even have a photo of that weird cartoon like alien blown up into a huge canvas and hanging in their main room :ph34r:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

There lies the problem for many, they are not fit and healthy!!! Too many fags, chicken dippers and McDonald’s.

This is so true, I can't remember where I read it but I'm sure men in their fifties with a bit of a belly were filling up the ICU's at one point. Classed as an underlying condition, but probably didn't really consider themselves high risk 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I believe in some NHS Trusts they wouldn't even let your wife in.  ;)

One of the few sensible things Tubby Johnson (older folk remember him from Viz?) is for people to lose weight, obesity is one of the main factors for being in the vulnerable category and also one of the few factors that can be changed.

People should take responsibility for themselves and lead a healthier lifestyle.

• Like 1

Anyone downloaded the nhs app?

thing is, it isn’t really an nhs app at all

On the app, it asks you to enter the code from your positive test results (presumably to alert all those who have been in close contact for fifteen mins)  .... but I believe that unless you had a pillar 2 test, you can’t enter the code details it’s not recognised.. An ‘NHS/PHE’ lab positive test (Pillar 1)  will mean that all tracing has to be done via a phone call and your memory .....

who’d have thunk it - another mess up ......

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone downloaded the nhs app?

thing is, it isn’t really an nhs app at all

On the app, it asks you to enter the code from your positive test results (presumably to alert all those who have been in close contact for fifteen mins)  .... but I believe that unless you had a pillar 2 test, you can’t enter the code details it’s not recognised.. An ‘NHS/PHE’ lab positive test (Pillar 1)  will mean that all tracing has to be done via a phone call and your memory .....

who’d have thunk it - another mess up ......

Nope and couldn't care less about it.