Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

39 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Somebody please tell me sane, intelligent people don't actually take this kind of shit seriously lol

The problem with this sort of stuff is it plants a seed in people’s brains. I personally don’t know one person who has had the virus in 7 months, you might and probably a lot of people on this forum might or may have had it but an Internet forum isn’t real and anybody can be anyone, I’ve heard rumours of a guy at work whose brother in law had it and the guy at work took time off whilst waiting the results of his test but it came back negative, by the way don’t order a paid test cos it takes twice as long as a normal one to get your results back, but anyway, if I don’t know anyone who’s had it, the only thing that’s telling me there’s a nasty bug going round  is what I see on the news or read in a paper or on the internet so how can I believe it’s actually happening or it’s actually a massive war of the worlds type conspiracy, unless I pop down glen field hospital and look in an icu ward. So what’s to say the guy doing the video isn’t spouting a load of bollox. There must be a lot of people who are thinking that way.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

He isn't making it up, he is using official charts and data, he is not the only one saying it, eminent people, doctors , professors and Nobel prize winners are saying the same, Sweden is the proof, but hey ho let's listen to Doris, Prat Hancock and hide behind the sofa whilst watching BBC and Sky news.

Can you provide a comparison between us and a similar country? Because the population density and demographic of Sweden is vastly different, so different I'm not even sure why you would compare the two? Besides, it's well documented that they have also had restrictions, just their population hasn't been whining and bleating about them, they have just accepted it and got on with it

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Can you provide a comparison between us and a similar country? Because the population density and demographic of Sweden is vastly different, so different I'm not even sure why you would compare the two? Besides, it's well documented that they have also had restrictions, just their population hasn't been whining and bleating about them, they have just accepted it and got on with it

Yes, they have had some restrictions and they are out the other side now , not going round in circles like us, but to call that presentation shit that only insane people take notice of is ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Yes, they have had some restrictions and they are out the other side now , not going round in circles like us, but to call that presentation shit that only insane people take notice of is ridiculous. 

https://www.thelocal.se/20201005/swedens-coronavirus-measures-could-remain-in-place-for-at-least-another-year

You sure about that?

16 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

So you can't then?

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Somebody please tell me sane, intelligent people don't actually take this kind of shit seriously lol

I have just watched that video and yes, it is rather strange in the way it is presented, Ivor Cummins is well respected and presents his facts very well, don't judge him on this one, have a look at some of his other presentations. 

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

There’s a lot of mays and coulds in that article but they’re basically saying that the current measures, whatever they may be, could be in place for another year and they haven’t had to implement the measures seen in the rest of Europe.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

There’s a lot of mays and coulds in that article but they’re basically saying that the current measures, whatever they may be, could be in place for another year and they haven’t had to implement the measures seen in the rest of Europe.

I agree, but they're hardly without restrictions and 'out the other side', was all I was disputing

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I agree, but they're hardly without restrictions and 'out the other side', was all I was disputing

At least they have a plan and some sort of control without intruding too much on people’s lives though. This country appear to be clueless and it seems that the leaders will eventually say full lockdown, and then hopefully the virus will go away, but if it doesn’t we’ll attempt quantative easing again and hope it works.  We are basically relying on a successful vaccine that may never be produced.. forever. We simply cannot exist like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

At least they have a plan and some sort of control without intruding too much on people’s lives though. This country appear to be clueless and it seems that the leaders will eventually say full lockdown, and then hopefully the virus will go away, but if it doesn’t we’ll attempt quantative easing again and hope it works.  We are basically relying on a successful vaccine that may never be produced.. forever. We simply cannot exist like that.

All signs are that there will be one though..

41 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

They are not out of the other side. 

They were considering to put Stockholm in lockdown. Their MPs words was literally ‘work from home, dont hug’ 

As of this week, they implemented new rules regards quarantine and now opened up testing to children for the first time. 

It’s sharply increasing in the country - https://www.thelocal.se/20200925/analysis-how-concerned-should-we-be-about-swedens-rise-in-coronavirus-cases

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They are not out of the other side. 

They were considering to put Stockholm in lockdown. Their MPs words was literally ‘work from home, dont hug’ 

As of this week, they implemented new rules regards quarantine and now opened up testing to children for the first time. 

It’s sharply increasing in the country - https://www.thelocal.se/20200925/analysis-how-concerned-should-we-be-about-swedens-rise-in-coronavirus-cases

image.png.f27663ba4739bd5ba5e4320f7059b129.png

Not seening any sharp rise here?

And only 23 critical.

11 minutes ago, Otis said:

Restrictions yes, but they haven't ruined the're whole economy like we have for an average death of 1 per 1,000,000

Their economy is set to decrease in the same manner as the rest of their Scandinavian neighbours. 

In fact evidence in August suggested that it was actually worse performing than its Nordic partners https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-gdp-falls-8pc-in-q2-worse-nordic-neighbors-2020-8%3famp

3 minutes ago, Otis said:

image.png.f27663ba4739bd5ba5e4320f7059b129.png

Not seening any sharp rise here?

And only 23 critical.

There’s quite an easy answer for that isn’t there? Let’s not be dense about it

They recorded their worse half a year death toll for 150 years. When compared to Denmark, Norway and Finland they had ten times more deaths. 

Sweden allowed Covid to run through its care homes 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

if we get an upsurge of deaths towards 400 per day then those same people who have been arguing that restrictions are a waste of time will be lambasting the authorities for allowing a situation to manifest itself where the hospitals are becoming overwhelmed and daily deaths are spiralling to unacceptable levels ......

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s quite an easy answer for that isn’t there? Let’s not be dense about it

They recorded their worse half a year death toll for 150 years. When compared to Denmark, Norway and Finland they had ten times more deaths. 

Sweden allowed Covid to run through its care homes 

So did we....

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

It's HERD immunity, as in "herd of cattle" (or "flock of sheeple", if you prefer), nothing to do with hearing things.

Undermines your credibility if you promote a concept that you can't even spell.

Sorted!

You should tell all those thousands of scientists worldwide who are wasting their money working on a vaccine - and are optimistic (with no guarantees) that one might be available by the spring.

They'll be pleased to be put right by a better-informed chap like yourself. Could save them a lot of money when they halt all their pointless research.

1 per 1,000,000? 

The UK population is about 65m, isn't it? So, you're saying that only 65 people have died........not the 42,500+ they keep announcing or the higher figure for excess deaths?

Again, you really should use your expert knowledge to put the statisticians right about this.

current average is 1 per million per day

I was actually coming on this thread to say the most disappointing thing for me is that six months on we haven’t been able collectively as a human race to establish facts about the virus in terms of who does it affect the most, do people not showing symptoms contagious, can children successfully develop anti bodies etc. 

Nations governments need to ask themselves what is the end goal with a vaccine? If the idea is that a vaccine is to be given to the vulnerable and frontline staff, then the issues remain the same. A human person may be a carrier without knowing. You can’t change that. 

Equally the virus is likely to mutate which means you are in a constant cycle like you are with the flu. 

So it’s never going to go away, therefore as a nation you have to begin altering yourself to that change. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And? 

Both countries were absolutely horrific when it comes to its protection of the vulnerable and elderly. 

Our failings don’t excuse Sweden’s policy from criticism 

Just stating a fact, nothing more.

1 minute ago, Otis said:

current average is 1 per million per day

Number of deaths on the seven day average - yes 

now up to 53 which is where we were at the beginning of July.  In early September, that measure was barely making double figures.  I’m sad that some posters seem to be unable to comprehend that people get ill weeks before they will die.  Staying relaxed and allowing cases to grow and consequently deaths that will undoubtedly follow to levels which public opinion won’t allow, is surely the worst option as the restrictions which will be brought in would be more draconian. If you believe that health workers should be forced to play Russian roulette and catch this then shame on you. 

and to the few who haven’t come across this illness ..... it’s real and you don’t want in your household or family.....