Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd love this figures to be published in terms of % of the population

The figure are being manipulated. They've admitted they had an error of 16,000 due to a spreadsheet,  so it's probably triple that figure. They've got to somehow smooth that lot into the figures so they increase them by a few 1000 a day and no-ones the wiser.

25 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Maybe pubs should have signs reminding people that alcohol can damage the immune system.

21 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It can damage a lot of things but I doubt most of us who drink care.

Its Not the alcohol..!!!:@.....but the people it gets into....:frantics:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

The figure are being manipulated. They've admitted they had an error of 16,000 due to a spreadsheet,  so it's probably triple that figure. They've got to somehow smooth that lot into the figures so they increase them by a few 1000 a day and no-ones the wiser.

I actually have no idea how they are logging them now if they're on spreadsheets - must be hard to keep count. "Errr, anyone remember what spreadsheet and what row we ended on yesterday?"

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its Not the alcohol..!!!:@.....but the people it gets into....:frantics:

You won't be saying that when we all have to stand outside the pub in a special area with a crappy little heater alongside fellow drinkers that no-one wants to talk to and tut-tuts at the very sight of us!

No amount of tinkering with rules, guidance, opening and closing of certain buildings etc. will buck the seasonal trend of respiratory illnesses.  Yet they seem determined to do exactly that, or look as if they're trying to do something, even if it isn't remotely possible to achieve.

Let's see what Boris says.  Maybe he'll roll out his big red bus.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

They are not behind the big Perspex screens. They will have the flimsy masks on but the point is table service is not any safer in a well run pub. 

It’s not really about the publican himself though - isn’t it more about lots of people not being standing together at a bar waiting to be served? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

No amount of tinkering with rules, guidance, opening and closing of certain buildings etc. will buck the seasonal trend of respiratory illnesses.  Yet they seem determined to do exactly that, or look as if they're trying to do something, even if it isn't remotely possible to achieve.

Let's see what Boris says.  Maybe he'll roll out his big red bus.

Basically we are returning back to April in terms of what they are doing. Lockdowns will just draw this thing out over a longer timespan. The vaccine doesn’t seem any nearer than it was in April.  We need to learn to live with the virus not be petrified of it. 

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

It reduces the number of people you come into contact with doesn't it? Table service means one server, at least it should, rather than any number of random bar staff possibly serving you from behind a bar. It also reduces contact with other customers also at the bar if you stay at the table and the server comes to you

Regarding the 10pm curfew, I understood the reasoning behind that to be that the more people drink, the harder they find it to follow social distancing. So it made sense to try it rather than close them completely, until people decided to just go out earlier, drink the same amount, and still find themselves at risk of not being able to social distance as effectively as they might without the alcohol consumption

I still think that they would get less transmission if they said you could stay till 11 pm but you could only visit one pub/bar in an evening. surely going from pub to pub which is what many of the younger crowd do (and swapping groups between pubs) is more of a risk ????

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I still think that they would get less transmission if they said you could stay till 11 pm but you could only visit one pub/bar in an evening. surely going from pub to pub which is what many of the younger crowd do (and swapping groups between pubs) is more of a risk ????

Oh yes, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just how I understood it to be an idea to try to prevent increases of infection. If you did that though, you'd still have people complaining about their freedom and restrictions, I honestly don't think they can do right for doing wrong at present. I think we've both said before, I really don't envy anyone tasked with any decision making around this, it's all just so unknown.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

You won't be saying that when we all have to stand outside the pub in a special area with a crappy little heater alongside fellow drinkers that no-one wants to talk to and tut-tuts at the very sight of us!

Tut-tut....an Indian Transport middle

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We need more resistance to start building, these ***** in charge are taking the absolute piss now

After heard immunity was mocked by the media and anti Tories you would like heard immunity. Or are you just suggesting resisting the future lockdowns that will continue until we have a vaccine or heard immunity. Covid is going no where quickly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The news out of Scotland today is particularly concerning for everyone else who has yet to show their hand.

Feels like a political decision rather than one based on science imo.

A huge overreaction.

What I find annoying is there is no accountability from our leaders. So they’ll shut the pubs down thereby forcing many to go out of business, if the numbers carry on rising  who is actually asking the questions in a few weeks time about has the strategy of closing pubs actually worked because obviously it hasn’t because the numbers have risen, so the reply will be, yes but it’s the time of year when respiratry illnesses rise, so the obvious question would be, so why shut down the pubs if you know cases would rise anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes.  Yes, they do.  It is very difficult to not agree with what he says.  

He isn't making it up, he is using official charts and data, he is not the only one saying it, eminent people, doctors , professors and Nobel prize winners are saying the same, Sweden is the proof, but hey ho let's listen to Doris, Prat Hancock and hide behind the sofa whilst watching BBC and Sky news.

• Like 3