Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 hours ago, Desabafar said:

2.3% of total tests? 

last thursday there were 48 deaths. the median time to dying from symptoms is 18 days but we will say two weeks so the Thursday two weeks before 242273 tests was done. 2.3% is 5572. 5572 false positives but there were only 4637 cases. so we had 48 deaths from -935 cases?

The other fly in the ointment is whether the deaths were even from COVID in the first place. Which evidence suggests many probably aren't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Desabafar said:

what evidence?

Read the news or google it. If you aren't familiar with the fact that deaths can and are being registered as COVID when it hasn't been the cause or primary cause then what can I say? 

I think you know it's going on but it's probably at odds with what you believe or what the media are telling you. Each to their own - lots of conflicting info/data/views out there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Read the news or google it. If you aren't familiar with the fact that deaths can and are being registered as COVID when it hasn't been the cause or primary cause then what can I say? 

I think you know it's going on but it's probably at odds with what you believe or what the media are telling you. Each to their own - lots of conflicting info/data/views out there.

if at odds with what the media are telling me how can i read it in the news

where is proven evidence that covid deaths arent covid deaths

21 minutes ago, Magictv said:

This thread has gone ****ing bananas lollol lollol

Combination of the doom mongers who cant wait for death rates to increase in 14 days just to say 'i told you so' and the extreme deniers/conspiracy theorists.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

COVID is mentioned on the death certificate but it doesn’t naturally mean that was the cause of death so I believe.

People will die for many numerous reasons and some will also have covid at the time of death.

57 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

that is the rate of death in population, what is rate of death for people with the virus?

That is the death rate of people with the virus, 67 deaths is a rate of 1 person per million.

That is the only figure that counts when policies reducing and taking away peoples freedoms are being rolled out.

Some perspective is needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

That is the death rate of people with the virus, 67 deaths is a rate of 1 person per million.

That is the only figure that counts when policies reducing and taking away peoples freedoms are being rolled out.

Some perspective is needed.

no i ask what is the death rate of people infected not the death rate in the whole population right now. if the death rate is 1 per million, the uk could only ever have 67 deaths in total ever

1 hour ago, Desabafar said:

Where is proven evidence that they are? Anyone can play the game.

You're obviously free to believe whatever narrative you want. It's part and parcel of a democracy isn't it? 

Here's proof that one of them isn't really a covid death.  The only question now is how many more deaths are primarily caused by something else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51941732#:~:text=A man in his 40s,was diagnosed as Covid-19.

39 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Is there anywhere that gives the information for cases, hospitalisations and deaths due to covid in Leicestershire?

I can’t answer the question but the figure I have always wanted to know is how many people have been admitted to hospital purely because of Covid. There was a doctor on Central News the other day saying there was 100 plus patients in his hospital being treated for Covid but he conveniently failed to say how many of them were there purely because of the virus. Obviously there’s going to be some but it’s highly likely that many have purely tested positive whilst in hospital with something more serious. Just like my mates dad who was dying of cancer when he tested positive a week before his death. 

43 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

COVID is mentioned on the death certificate but it doesn’t naturally mean that was the cause of death so I believe.

People will die for many numerous reasons and some will also have covid at the time of death.

Ok try to follow this scenario....

My understanding (might be wrong) is that I could test 'positive' for COVID. First it might be a false positive, but it goes on the Case Stats anyway. Then I die in a car accident within 28 days of my positive test. It's acceptable therefore during the post-mortem to put my death as an 'assumptive' COVID death. Which also goes on the Death Stats.

For deaths to be recorded as COVID the doctors don't have to be certain it's the cause, just that it could/might be. It's bonkers.

no i ask what is the death rate of people infected not the death rate in the whole population right now. if the death rate is 1 per million, the uk could only ever have 67 deaths in total ever

per day.

Do you shut down a country because 1person per million per day dies of a particular illness.

45 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

I can’t answer the question but the figure I have always wanted to know is how many people have been admitted to hospital purely because of Covid. There was a doctor on Central News the other day saying there was 100 plus patients in his hospital being treated for Covid but he conveniently failed to say how many of them were there purely because of the virus. Obviously there’s going to be some but it’s highly likely that many have purely tested positive whilst in hospital with something more serious. Just like my mates dad who was dying of cancer when he tested positive a week before his death

That's a coincidence, but the family refused to have the cause of death being covid because it may eventually reduce the funding for cancer research.

2 hours ago, Magictv said:

This thread has gone ****ing bananas lollol lollol

It's a shame, but it isn't any different to a lot of other threads I've read on the subject with pet conspiracy theories being floated here there and everywhere.

I just wish that people would feel the need to qualify their remarks as unsubstantiated opinion rather than as fact, for the sake of people reading the thread who might buy into what they say.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's a shame, but it isn't any different to a lot of other threads I've read on the subject with pet conspiracy theories being floated here there and everywhere.

I just wish that people would feel the need to qualify their remarks as unsubstantiated opinion rather than as fact, for the sake of people reading the thread who might buy into what they say.

I would hope people would formulate their opinions from a range of sources as not just foxestalk, key word being hope.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It'd be a rather short thread then if that's the case.

28 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

per day.

Do you shut down a country because 1person per million per day dies of a particular illness.

u r not answering my question. i have asked what percent of people who have covid die. u keep responding with the death as a rate to the population as awhole.

u said deaths arent increasing. i said they are. u said it was bollox. i showed the data. u moved the goalposts without admitting they are.

u say there are lots of false positives.u give me a number which means there were negative cases.

u give me a range. i use the lowest number in that range to show that if there r lots of false cases, the death rate for people with covid is higher so it is more deadly. u respond with population death rate which says nothing of the rate that people die if they have the illness. 

in germany they estimated the death rate to be 0.3%.the figures of 47 people dying on thrudays would mean that there were 47/0.003 cases. this is 15666. this is higher than official cases.

either there are lots of false cases and the death rate is much higher or the death rate is low and the number of cases is below official. 

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I would hope people would formulate their opinions from a range of sources as not just foxestalk, key word being hope.

I'd hope for the same. Unfortunately, from what I can tell the same unsubstantiated stuff with a veneer of authority is being touted in quite a few other popular places too.

33 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It'd be a rather short thread then if that's the case.

A much shorter one. Perhaps a more informative one, though.

Edit: actually thinking about it, it would be the same length. There wouldn't be people not contributing, it would just be better if they qualified their contributions.

Edited by leicsmac

u r not answering my question. i have asked what percent of people who have covid die. u keep responding with the death as a rate to the population as awhole.

u said deaths arent increasing. i said they are. u said it was bollox. i showed the data. u moved the goalposts without admitting they are.

u say there are lots of false positives.u give me a number which means there were negative cases.

u give me a range. i use the lowest number in that range to show that if there r lots of false cases, the death rate for people with covid is higher so it is more deadly. u respond with population death rate which says nothing of the rate that people die if they have the illness. 

in germany they estimated the death rate to be 0.3%.the figures of 47 people dying on thrudays would mean that there were 47/0.003 cases. this is 15666. this is higher than official cases.

either there are lots of false cases and the death rate is much higher or the death rate is low and the number of cases is below official. 

I would say that the death rate is low and the number of actual cases is way below official figures. The actual death rate of people actually dying from the illness is difficult to ascertain as the death figures include deaths from any cause but within 28 days if a positive test.