Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

James Tarkowski

2 minutes ago, January47 said:

Didn't realise Evans only has a year left on his contract. Together with Morgan only being cover now, and if they don't rate Benkovic I can see why we might want to spend proper money on a proven Prem centre half.

If that is the case then we should be putting our energy into getting him signed up to an extension as soon as possible and not chasing after inferior replacements.

27 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If that is the case then we should be putting our energy into getting him signed up to an extension as soon as possible and not chasing after inferior replacements.

We will do, he'll sign a 2 year extension in the next few months IMO

27 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Hopefully this is lazy journalism. I don’t see how Tarkowski makes Leicester any better and he’d probably cost about £40m wirh next to no resale value. I’d rather go down the Soyuncu route again than pay inflated EPL fees for average players.

Couldn't agree more. Some people have stated that this is the time to heavily invest when we are in a position of power. Considering the current crisis where money is going to probably be extremely restricted, I'd prefer us to use our position to target young players from top clubs that would never have considered us before, but are cheaper than the likes of tarkowski. 

• Like 1

Think we probably do need a centre half though. If Evans or Soyunku got injured for a reasonable amount of time I wouldn't want to see Wes play for a significant number of games if we want to to challenge for the champions league.

And easy to say lets just sign a cheap quality centre half from Europe......you wont get a soyunku everytime.

I don't believe much of this stuff in the papers at the moment with the current financial situation but  lets say we get £75 mill for Chilwell, spend £30 mill on Tarkovski, £30 mill on Edouard, and £15 mill on a left back, that looks pretty good to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is a decent player but as I repeat time and time again the price we'd likely have to pay for a player approaching mid to late twenties would offer poor value for money. The two players we properly attempted to sign in January (Demiral and Tapsoba) suggest we still try and recruit younger players with a huge potential ceiling and hopefully we look to do that in this forthcoming window. Steer clear of the best players from mediocre PL clubs unless there is a release clause as it's just not worth the hassle.

Agreed, we have two established CB's already at the club.

The profile of the next CB should be up and coming and ready to seriously challenge this pairing. Players like Tarowski should only be considered if you can pick them up for a bargain price. Ideally the next CB signing should be considered as a long term replacement for Evans when he starts his decline. 

Demiral and Tapsoba exactly fit the profile but we have probably missed the boat with both of them. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Agreed, we have two established CB's already at the club.

The profile of the next CB should be up and coming and ready to seriously challenge this pairing. Players like Tarowski should only be considered if you can pick them up for a bargain price. Ideally the next CB signing should be considered as a long term replacement for Evans when he starts his decline. 

Demiral and Tapsoba exactly fit the profile but we have probably missed the boat with both of them. 

Wesley Fofana looks the obvious choice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Haven't we still got Ryan Bennett or did he go back to Wolves?

Wolves fans I know rate him, so would he not be adequate cover without blowing too much of our budget? 

BR said that hes injured

They'd want £35m+, they don't need to sell. Avoid. 

Where possible we should avoid signing from other Premier league clubs, especially important players because there just isn't value there

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wesley Fofana looks the obvious choice.

A touch young at 19 but definitely fits the profile we should be looking at. Whoever comes should still get plenty of games next season.

• Like 1

I seem to be in the minority but I'm really keen on this signing. He's in his prime, English, full international, always plays well when I watch Burnley (which I will admit isn't loads). Is a bit of an old school defender so would compliment Evans and Soy but is also very composed in possession. He's got two years left on his deal so deal will be easier and price will be cheaper than last summer.

Also people slagging off Congerton this isn't some obscure African from the Belgian leauge he's been playing premier league football for 4 seasons now. If he comes here it's because Brendon wants him and thinks he can work with him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Any centreback from Burnley is wine in a poisoned chalice. Their system is made to get the best out of their centrebacks, as shown by the likes of Keane struggling at Everton.

Like Maguire at Leicester

Big Tark is a quality player. Is he as good as what we have? Probably not. Is 30m too much? Probably.

but if cags is on his way out for eye watering money, I can’t see tark being worth 30-40m less.

so with that perspective I don’t think it would be a bad move. I really like Tarkowski. And we have seen how Brendan has worked with the defenders and improved their game. So if the club decide that Tark is a good move I will trust and back it 100%.