Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

James Tarkowski

I like him, I worry if his defensive stats are boosted by the fact he plays for a team who don’t have much possession genuinely, plus play with two defensive fullbacks so unsure if he’d cope playing with two fullbacks who bomb forward. 

We’re always linked with him.

2 hours ago, jonthefox said:

There's better out there.

There's better in our U23's!!!

No No No.   If there is any truth in this - then Congers needs to go.

Don't see any faults with this transfer. Tarkowski knows the league, solid defender. Where we have lacked I think is from set pieces in both boxes as we really only have Ndidi over 6ft, maybe Evans as well. He can be like Maguire for us. Provides good competition for Cags and Evans. Admittedly tactics might need to change as he is fairly slow so might need to defend deeper than with Soyuncu. 

If he does well great chance of England game time with the current English central defenders and we know first hand how good England performances can raise the price of players. Rodgers will bring out the best in him. If the transfer is for reasonable fee 20-25million think very solid option. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Take this over vestergard but not 30m, 15 max

Would be amazed if any English centre half goes for under £30m
You’re not wrong though re Vestergard.

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

I think I’d rather have Vestergaard (hear me out)

assuming Benkovic’s loan goes well/better until the end of the season, then we are after a 3rd/4th choice centre back for next season, with hopefully more games to be played (Europe).

Like others, I’d rather not spend £45m on this guy to play 15 games. I’d rather spend say £18m on a Danish international (admittedly who has had an indifferent season) to fill in on the games that suit with Benkovic.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

All depends on the price for me. Imho Tarkowski is a good player, comfortable on the ball and has the most headed clearances in the prem this sesson despite being under 6ft. If we hopefully get Champions League football then we're going to need different types of players and they need to be quality. It's lucky for us that neither Cags nor Jonny have sustained a serious injury this season or we'd have been ****ed. I love Wes to pieces but I would personally feel a lot happier seeing Tarkowski come into the side and start than any of our other options. As I say though, all depends on the price. Anything north of £30m would be poor value.

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Classic ridiculous overreaction haha

Yeah you are right. In his first ear he has brought in some fantastic talent.

No from me, due to high price, low sell-on value, and because we play so differently. 

His job is to stay home and clear out tons of crosses and long shots that Burnley invite.  (OK, and get up front for corners.)  Risky to project such a player in a more mobile, possession-based system.

What we could do adding young talent in this window, with most European and lower division clubs desperately cash-strapped ... compare that to emptying the kitty for Tarkowski.  I worry about this one, because similar reports in the last window were verified.

He is a good player but not worth the sort of dosh being suggested last season (ok that was inflated as we had just got a wedge for Maguire). if we are even thinking of shelling out anything over £25-30M for a CB there are better options. would still like to see us go all out for someone like Demeral. If we have the wherewithal we should be putting out statement of intent, not taking second picking at an inflated price simply because they are English.

I know there are quotas etc to satisfy UEFA but i would rather we promote from within or pick up someone from lower leagues at a fraction of the price for those purposes and splash the serious cash where it would do more to improve the main PL squad.

• Like 1