Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Cyberpunk 2077

15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

The huge joke about it being an absolute mess on PS4 and Xbox One is that it was absolutely intended as a PS4 and Xbox One release (as well as PC). You only have to look at the original release date to realise that.

The practice of not allowing any PS4/Xbox One 'real' footage prior to release is shady and dishonest in my view. Hope they enjoy the 8million pre-orders and hope people realise the dangers of pre-order now! Learn your lessons or suck it up.

Is it even that bad though?  I mean take GTAV, that was always a PS3/360 gen title which ended up straddling gens and if you got it on PS3 you had to put up with frame rates down in the teens on a regular basis.   I don't remember all these cries of heresy back then, people just understood that the game had been developed to a higher hardware standard and struggled on less powerful units.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Is it even that bad though?  I mean take GTAV, that was always a PS3/360 gen title which ended up straddling gens and if you got it on PS3 you had to put up with frame rates down in the teens on a regular basis.   I don't remember all these cries of heresy back then, people just understood that the game had been developed to a higher hardware standard and struggled on less powerful units.

You can't even buy the game on next gen yet though.

I mean, its up to you. I've watched the youtube videos and a framerate which seems to sit around 20fps but drop to 10fps whenever you really need the precision, seems terrible to me,.

The texture pop-in / load in is jarring and it just looks like either:

a) It's terribly optimised (rushed not to miss the final deadline?)

b) It was always too ambitious for the PS4/Xbox one system.

The real question I want to ask you though is that if its acceptable and if the developers think its acceptable and proud of how it runs on the only consoles its currently available for, and if they didn't think pre-orders would be cancleled if people saw the state of it, then why did they absolutey embargo any PS4/Xbox one gameplay footage?

Do you agree with that practice?

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You can't even buy the game on next gen yet though.

I mean, its up to you. I've watched the youtube videos and a framerate which seems to sit around 20fps but drop to 10fps whenever you really need the precision, seems terrible to me,.

The texture pop-in / load in is jarring and it just looks like either:

a) It's terribly optimised (rushed not to miss the final deadline?)

b) It was always too ambitious for the PS4/Xbox one system.

The real question I want to ask you though is that if its acceptable and if the developers think its acceptable and proud of how it runs on the only consoles its currently available for, and if they didn't think pre-orders would be cancleled if people saw the state of it, then why did they absolutey embargo any PS4/Xbox one gameplay footage?

Do you agree with that practice?

You can play it on next gen units though and it works fine in that case afaik.

To answer your question not really.  But I reckon if my only option was a PS4/XB1 then I would have always been concerned about whether it would run well being so close to a new generation and wouldn't have preordered, heck I wasn't even sure my PC would be enough to run it but I was at least safe in the knowledge that a few graphical tweaks would fix it if necessary.  Have CDPR been fairly dishonest in their marketing?  Absolutely.  Should people know better when it comes to releases like this?  Absolutely.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

You can play it on next gen units though and it works fine in that case afaik.

To answer your question not really.  But I reckon if my only option was a PS4/XB1 then I would have always been concerned about whether it would run well being so close to a new generation and wouldn't have preordered, heck I wasn't even sure my PC would be enough to run it but I was at least safe in the knowledge that a few graphical tweaks would fix it if necessary.  Have CDPR been fairly dishonest in their marketing?  Absolutely.  Should people know better when it comes to releases like this?  Absolutely.

I think we essentially agree, actually. Hope you enjoy it mate (If I'm reading right and you have it on PC.

For a bit of balance CDPR have a bit of form for this in terms of less than perfect releases (Witcher 3) but then supreme recoveries in terms of hotfixes (which appear to be the trendy term for patches), bugfixes and some excellent support and free additional content.

I'll jump in, probably on PC, and probably in a few month's time. Bugs and crashes annoy me so I'd like to play once its a bit of a smoother experience.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I think we essentially agree, actually. Hope you enjoy it mate (If I'm reading right and you have it on PC.

For a bit of balance CDPR have a bit of form for this in terms of less than perfect releases (Witcher 3) but then supreme recoveries in terms of hotfixes (which appear to be the trendy term for patches), bugfixes and some excellent support and free additional content.

I'll jump in, probably on PC, and probably in a few month's time. Bugs and crashes annoy me so I'd like to play once its a bit of a smoother experience.

Yeah I'm on PC (2060s, i7 9700f, SSD) and it's running fine in 1080p bar the kind of bugs you tend to expect from new releases.  I'm even getting solid ray tracing fps as long as I tolerate the odd dip into the 20s which I wasn't expecting being only just above the lowest possible hardware spec for running it. 

I think another thing that didn't help was releasing that shit hot teaser the second they obtained the IP.  If they only told us about it 4 years ago when they finished Witcher 3's expansions and actually started working on it they probably wouldn't be receiving nearly the same level of butthurt right now. 

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

GTA V was alright on 360 from memory 

Yeah I think I remember it outbenching the PS3 in that game, but on PS3 the second you start driving around or get into a big fight the frames would drop off.  It did get better after updates but so will Cyberpunk.

31 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah I'm on PC (2060s, i7 9700f, SSD) and it's running fine in 1080p bar the kind of bugs you tend to expect from new releases.  I'm even getting solid ray tracing fps as long as I tolerate the odd dip into the 20s which I wasn't expecting being only just above the lowest possible hardware spec for running it. 

I think another thing that didn't help was releasing that shit hot teaser the second they obtained the IP.  If they only told us about it 4 years ago when they finished Witcher 3's expansions and actually started working on it they probably wouldn't be receiving nearly the same level of butthurt right now. 

Yeah I think I remember it outbenching the PS3 in that game, but on PS3 the second you start driving around or get into a big fight the frames would drop off.  It did get better after updates but so will Cyberpunk.

I'm speccing a new computer right now and need to take Cyberpunk in to account. Bit bizarre really isn't it?

PS4 is dying a death though and I will get a PS5 at some point, but need a desktop PC for work and thought I might as well just get a really decent one.

Is 2060s the 2060 super? I'd been looking at 2060 cards? Is that the part you meant was at the bottom end of the spec? Your processor looks respectable on paper?

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm speccing a new computer right now and need to take Cyberpunk in to account. Bit bizarre really isn't it?

PS4 is dying a death though and I will get a PS5 at some point, but need a desktop PC for work and thought I might as well just get a really decent one.

Is 2060s the 2060 super? I'd been looking at 2060 cards? Is that the part you meant was at the bottom end of the spec? Your processor looks respectable on paper?

the 20-series was the first range of cards with ray tracing capabilities, the base 2060 really struggles to give good fps with ray tracing on.  The 60s performs more like a 2070.  It's a decent card and if you aren't fussed about rays it's a very good card.  But it does also depend on your monitor, I have 2 1080p ones and at that resolution the 2060s should keep me futureproofed for a while, but if you want a higher resolution I'd probably look more at a 2070s at a minimum.  Obviously the dream would be a 30- series but good luck finding one!

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

the 20-series was the first range of cards with ray tracing capabilities, the base 2060 really struggles to give good fps with ray tracing on.  The 60s performs more like a 2070.  It's a decent card and if you aren't fussed about rays it's a very good card.  But it does also depend on your monitor, I have 2 1080p ones and at that resolution the 2060s should keep me futureproofed for a while, but if you want a higher resolution I'd probably look more at a 2070s at a minimum.  Obviously the dream would be a 30- series but good luck finding one!

All in over-priced pre-builds mate.

I just have one 1080p monitor currently. I don't really wanted to upgrade it right now, but wouldn't rule it out in the future.

I've read that allowing DLSS (I've probably got the numbers wrong) smooths the performance even with ray tracing. I gather only certain cards can use it, but no idea which ones.

This probably isn't very helpful!

One thing I will say is walking around the city can feel quite eerie, NPCs rarely respond to your presence and there's far less of the casual conversations that made wondering around in Witcher 3 so immersive, hopefully something they work on.  The game could do with a few new texture packs too.

But I did just get a brutal side mission:

Went in search of some stolen meds, found a cyberpsycho planning to assassinate a politician, V gives this great speech about how it will only harm his cause, guy calms down and gives the meds back, says he wants to be alone, I go into another room searching for loot, dude sits down in his chair and shoots himself in the head.

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

All in over-priced pre-builds mate.

I just have one 1080p monitor currently. I don't really wanted to upgrade it right now, but wouldn't rule it out in the future.

I've read that allowing DLSS (I've probably got the numbers wrong) smooths the performance even with ray tracing. I gather only certain cards can use it, but no idea which ones.

This probably isn't very helpful!

Any RTX card benefits from DLSS afaik and it does make a big difference.  If you're going prebuilds Scan are a solid company.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Any RTX card benefits from DLSS afaik and it does make a big difference.  If you're going prebuilds Scan are a solid company.

I'm comfortable building myself, but right now, there doesn't seem much value in it. The system-builders must get amazing details on parts since in a lot of instances, I'm pricing it up and the build/delivery seems to end up being 'free'.

You also tend to get better warranty, so yeah I'm leaning toward this approach. Need a decent MOBO and something that's genuinely upgradable because I have a budget of £1,000 right now, but I can upgrade in future.

18 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm comfortable building myself, but right now, there doesn't seem much value in it. The system-builders must get amazing details on parts since in a lot of instances, I'm pricing it up and the build/delivery seems to end up being 'free'.

You also tend to get better warranty, so yeah I'm leaning toward this approach. Need a decent MOBO and something that's genuinely upgradable because I have a budget of £1,000 right now, but I can upgrade in future.

I'm not knocking it, you can get some great deals and save yourself a bunch of hassle getting a prebuilder to do all the dirty work.  And if you've found a site that has a 2060 on a decent mobo within £1k then bite their hand off imo

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm not knocking it, you can get some great deals and save yourself a bunch of hassle getting a prebuilder to do all the dirty work.  And if you've found a site that has a 2060 on a decent mobo within £1k then bite their hand off imo

Very happy buying a prebuilt. Its mainly 2060s, 1660s, 5600s and 5700s I'm seeing. Some in budget; some not.

Some with 3060s at 1200 ish.

All with RGB, which puts me off. I know you can turn it all off, but this tends to be why I'd build myself.

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

GTA V was alright on 360 from memory 

It ran absolutely bang-on, I didn't notice any bugs (besides the launch of Online) and looked outstanding for the time. Don't understand how a game with this much development, and delays, can be released in such a state. Some of the footage on PS4/Xbox One vanilla is shocking, can someone explain how the game is any more demanding than something like GTAV?

15 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

One thing I will say is walking around the city can feel quite eerie, NPCs rarely respond to your presence and there's far less of the casual conversations that made wondering around in Witcher 3 so immersive, hopefully something they work on.  The game could do with a few new texture packs too.

But I did just get a brutal side mission:

Reveal hidden contents

Went in search of some stolen meds, found a cyberpsycho planning to assassinate a politician, V gives this great speech about how it will only harm his cause, guy calms down and gives the meds back, says he wants to be alone, I go into another room searching for loot, dude sits down in his chair and shoots himself in the head.

You would think with the game revolving around AI that NCPs would be one of the main priority's 

What a shit-show. I was scrolling through r/cyberpunkgame last night and it's an absolute car crash. I didn't quite realise how bad the bugs, graphical issues and some of the design choices are.

It's going to be a long road back for CDPR to recover their previously flawless reputation. Hello Games' level of commitment to improving the game.

Some of the reactions from "gamers" just goes to show they're amongst some of the fvcking worst humans. Death threats to the devs and also journos who dared give the game an average review?

The games industry is fvcked. Unfinished games constantly being released to meet deadlines and patched to completion. I miss the good old days, man.

Think I'll swerve this one for a bit.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

No one does it like Rockstar studios, now give us a next gen GTA and RDR !!

a next gen vice city would wipe the floor with this

Unfortunately that is the truth. I think only Rockstar can do the kind of detail required for good open world games. They've got features in San Andreas that this game doesnt even have lol 

I'm enjoying this game and clocked well over 20 hours since release. Doing a lot of side missions. This game is incredibly flawed, AI is levels of retardation I didn't know was possible (playing on hard and it is VERY easy due to dumb AI), missions are ok with the story being kinda interesting. Side missions arent that great. Going to play it until the end and likely put it down and leave it until they've updated it back to where it should be. Can't see it happening though.

I can definitely see the company going back to make a Witcher 4 after this shitshow though. Stick to what they know lol. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Unfortunately that is the truth. I think only Rockstar can do the kind of detail required for good open world games. They've got features in San Andreas that this game doesnt even have lol 

I think you'll find Bethesda have managed one or two. 

• Like 1