Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
54 Silver Fox

Toothless

Leicester v Chelsea, Rio Ferdinand and the other commentator's comments on BT Sport was "Leicester were toothless". I could not agree more. I have been saying for the last two or three seasons we desperately need another top striker to give Jamie Vardy some help. Iheanacho isn't up to it. It would also give some variety to our play, some options for Brendan and take pressure off Jamie. Jamie is now 33 years old, how long can he keep his speed? Who is in place to replace him?  If we had taken our chances, Chelsea would have been dead and buried by half time.

• Like 2

It's very tough to get someone in who is going to be good for the team but be happy to basically play second fiddle to Vardy. 

We've tried multiple options but it hasn't worked. Chelsea next season now have Abraham, Giroud and Werner. Interesting to see how they rotate those players and keep all happy.

I'd like to see two upfront but those days have gone for most sides in the PL now

I don’t understand the reluctance for these ball playing managers to get a big tall fvcker up top. You can still get players who are big but who are good with their feet. Not saying get him but I think someone like a younger Giroud would be perfect for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teblin said:

I’ve heard toothless is good on the wing, when given the right motivation has fire in his belly. It’s all about how you train him.

That will have gone over so many peoples heads. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t understand the reluctance for these ball playing managers to get a big tall fvcker up top. You can still get players who are big but who are good with their feet. Not saying get him but I think someone like a younger Giroud would be perfect for us. 

I don't think Rodgers has a problem with that type of striker as long as they can put in the hard yards on defense, pressing and closing down the ball. End to end.

At Liverpool there were rumours about trying to beat Chelsea to the punch in getting Diego Costa. Pretty sure he was into Christian Benteke until he was injured(never the same after that) and Rodgers was fired. Balotelli who had the tools but not the work ethic to succeed in a Rodgers team.

The bottom line for successful strikers in a Rodgers system is technical and tactical ability as well as a willingness to work your ass off on and off the ball.

Just don't think there's too many of that type of player out there.

13 hours ago, SO1 said:

I don't think Rodgers has a problem with that type of striker as long as they can put in the hard yards on defense, pressing and closing down the ball. End to end.

At Liverpool there were rumours about trying to beat Chelsea to the punch in getting Diego Costa. Pretty sure he was into Christian Benteke until he was injured(never the same after that) and Rodgers was fired. Balotelli who had the tools but not the work ethic to succeed in a Rodgers team.

The bottom line for successful strikers in a Rodgers system is technical and tactical ability as well as a willingness to work your ass off on and off the ball.

Just don't think there's too many of that type of player out there.

Not going to happen but wouldn't mind Calvert-Lewin here now that he's added goals to his game. He's a real nuisance and would also be a good foil for our other attacking players, helping to bring them into the game a bit more.

Never gonna happen because of the young, English player premium and he may still consider us to be a sideways move.

Edited by ALC Fox

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Not going to happen but wouldn't mind Calvert-Lewin here now that he's added goals to his game. He's a real nuisance and would also be a good foil for our other attacking players, helping to bring them into the game a bit more.

Never gonna happen because of the young, English player premium and he may still consider us to be a sideways move.

That's a good shout. If he's added goals to his game along with his work rate he could be a top tier striker.

19 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

So true, so true! Other than Italy teams don't seem to go for it, I'd love us to get in a decent striker with presence (not a useless lump like Slimani before anyone goes there).

Giroud is a good shout.

I thought we should have looked to sign Graziano Pelle a while ago. Somebody in that mould anyway. Not Pelle these days obviously.

• Like 1