Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Where will we end up?

Really is impossible to predict our results at present, last night in the second half was the first time since the Villa semis we've stepped up and given our all, had we played like that against Brighton and Watford I don't think we'd be in this position. I think we're more than capable of 3 wins 2 draws which I think woukd be enough but will we turn up. 

Anyone got any ideas on what the likely outcome of Man City’s appeal is? Looking increasingly important for us and Champions league next year. 

3 of us, Chelsea, Wolves and Man U given our starting position and we’re still in with a decent chance. 

2 of the above and I’m a little less confident. 

There is almost no way we can realistically finish 7th, anyone suggesting that is talking nonsense.

Sheff Utd in 7th have 47 from 32, that's not even 1.5 points per game, on that basis they won't make 57 points. After this weekend they play Wolves, Chelsea and us back to back. 

Arsenal have got us, Wolves, Spurs and Liverpool in the next four. And Spurs are in the same boat.

If any of the teams 7th and below somehow hit two points per game (i.e. win 4 of 6 mostly difficult fixtures), they will still only get to 59. We will hit 60 without a doubt.

I still think we are favourites for top four. 3 points and a goal difference of at least 9 better than any of the challengers is still a big cushion given there are only 18 points left to play for. 

Ultimately, we are 'due a win', and Wolves and United are 'due a loss'. Nobody expected Chelsea to go and drop any points at West Ham, never mind all three. Wolves and United will have similar shite results.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

There is almost no way we can realistically finish 7th, anyone suggesting that is talking nonsense.

Sheff Utd in 7th have 47 from 32, that's not even 1.5 points per game, on that basis they won't make 57 points. After this weekend they play Wolves, Chelsea and us back to back. 

Arsenal have got us, Wolves, Spurs and Liverpool in the next four. And Spurs are in the same boat.

If any of the teams 7th and below somehow hit two points per game (i.e. win 4 of 6 mostly difficult fixtures), they will still only get to 59. We will hit 60 without a doubt.

I still think we are favourites for top four. 3 points and a goal difference of at least 9 better than any of the challengers is still a big cushion given there are only 18 points left to play for. 

Ultimately, we are 'due a win', and Wolves and United are 'due a loss'. Nobody expected Chelsea to go and drop any points at West Ham, never mind all three. Wolves and United will have similar shite results.

do us a favour and score a couple of own goals on Saturday Jeff! 😉

19 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

The thing is, I can see us somehow manage to keep Chelsea at bay but United and Wolves will be a struggle unless we get a run of 2 or 3 wins. But completely agree, no way will we drop below 6th. As a few have said, I think 5th will be us.

Hope I’m wrong but I think it will be 5th or 6th. Would of took that at the start of the season. Now I’d be really disappointed if we finished outside top 4. Anyone who says they’d be happy to finish 5th or 6th are talking nonsense. We were something like 15 points clear - 5 wins. Must win game against palace. 

50 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

After today's first half performance Leicester City appear quite happy for Manure, Chelsea & Wolves to all overtake them, very disappointing.

Well, looks as though Vardy has proved me wrong.

Edited by David Hankey