Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

On 13/07/2020 at 08:35, Dahnsouff said:

I do not understand why Rodgers can get massive pelters, but Kasper gets nothing.

Surely we are not so blinkered that everyone who won the league is untouchable?

Or that Rodgers does not have the right to be outraged/lost/confused by what he saw?

Kasper apologised? Wow, good job. You fuched it proper twice Kasper, that game is on you, and you alone. 

Yet people would rather lambast Rodgers for changes we have no clue what the reasons were  :blink:

...the reason has been stated in numerous post...not too sure why you have missed it!!!

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 11:38, Deeg67 said:

Perez certainly wasn't the problem.  His touch is off but he's doing OK in the Shinji "forechecking" role - he forced a turnover that led directly to the goal.

And in every game he continues to gift possesion to the opposition ad nauseum.

Running around aimlessly does not a £30m player make. 

Kasper is the most to blame for that loss... those Bournemouth players didn’t have to try and got given the win.

im not being too harsh on Rodgers because Bournemouth were always going to come at us and when the game restarted. The game became scrappy and no team really taking control. I agree he shouldn’t have changed the team at half time because we were so in control but how can he account for that kick by Kasper, then Cags letting a guy shoot straight at goal when only a few yards out and subsequently getting sent off in a matter of 2 minutes.

that kick changed the game and the players lost composure. Let’s see how they come out next game because I wanna see commitment and no stupid mistakes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the reason has been stated in numerous post...not too sure why you have missed it!!!

Yet strangely people continue to make excuses for Kasper who was clearly mostly at fault for that loss

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yet strangely people continue to make excuses for Kasper who was clearly mostly at fault for that loss

Nah, he's just not. Dominant teams that make a mistake will just come back and score another. We were not dominant at that point, we were a team playing with fear and confusion. A team that dominated the first half and make it look like they were playing amateurs - came out at half time and looked like different players. That rests squarely on the shoulders of the manager - who instead of focusing on the  numberous positives, made a huge deal about a non-existent problem and sent a team out to try and hold on to a lead. lol

I think we just have fundamentally different views of football, so fair play. I just can't see myself seeing from your point of view and i'm quite a big critic of Schmeichels at times.

edited to also say. Schmeichel looked to have Wilson covered and was gonna smother the ball. Dumb dumb Ndidi gave away yet another needless penalty as well.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nah, he's just not. Dominant teams that make a mistake will just come back and score another. We were not dominant at that point, we were a team playing with fear and confusion. A team that dominated the first half and make it look like they were playing amateurs - came out at half time and looked like different players. That rests squarely on the shoulders of the manager - who instead of focusing on the  numberous positives, made a huge deal about a non-existent problem and sent a team out to try and hold on to a lead. lol

I think we just have fundamentally different views of football, so fair play. I just can't see myself seeing from your point of view and i'm quite a big critic of Schmeichels at times.

edited to also say. Schmeichel looked to have Wilson covered and was gonna smother the ball. Dumb dumb Ndidi gave away yet another needless penalty as well.

I agree that we are not going to see eye to eye, and that all part of discussions. :thumbup:

but......I just don't like to treat supposition ("he sent them out to...", "playing with fear and confusion" ,"sent them out to hold onto a lead") as fact, especially as its used as part of a narrative 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree that we are not going to see eye to eye, and that all part of discussions. :thumbup:

but......I just don't like to treat supposition ("he sent them out to...", "playing with fear and confusion" ,"sent them out to hold onto a lead") as fact, especially as its used as part of a narrative 

Aye, its all theory and opinion based. Unfortunately we cant measure these things with facts. I just dont know why the majority of the team would come out looking like different players other than because of what they've been told. Psychology is huge and the best man managers get results from lesser players because they make players feel 10 feet tall. 

Im getting the impression from Rodgers that he's quite risk averse when it comes to the crunch, but the teams he builds are generally entertaining and not teams that will know how to grind out results.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we'd won the game, we have European football guaranteed for next season. Now it isn't out of the question that we'll finish 8th.

Well since the restart, we have played against Watford, brighton, palace and Bournemouth... only got 1 win and 5 points from those games... it’s a disgrace 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

14 hours ago, Corky said:

If we'd won the game, we have European football guaranteed for next season. Now it isn't out of the question that we'll finish 8th.

It's not over but we made it hugely, and unnecessarily, difficult. A draw against Arsenal and Watford, and 3-0 against Palace were good results. However the decisive points were to get against Brighton and B'mouth. I can see us winning 4 points max (we'll lose against MU) and even then it's a tough task. 

Does everyone think that we would have fared better recently with Ricardo, Madison and Chilwell in the team? 

Would we have been stronger without vardys hamstring issue?

I agree that recent results have been poor, but there is a really simple fact as well, that as a squad, we just can't compete at the same level, without our first 11 being fully fit.

Without THOSE players, we are a mid table squad at best. 

Earlier in the year, we all complained that we had no impact players from the bench.  Well that bench is now in our starting 11.

To lose a 15 point lead is almost criminal, but I'm not alarmist about it. I'm realistic of where our squad and club is as a whole. 

Edited by Greg2607