Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

2 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Kaspers woeful distribution was in addition to baffling tactics. 
We were losing that game with or without Kasper.

You have zero evidence of that, whereas I have evidence of my point

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not understand why Rodgers can get massive pelters, but Kasper gets nothing.

Surely we are not so blinkered that everyone who won the league is untouchable?

Or that Rodgers does not have the right to be outraged/lost/confused by what he saw?

Kasper apologised? Wow, good job. You fuched it proper twice Kasper, that game is on you, and you alone. 

Yet people would rather lambast Rodgers for changes we have no clue what the reasons were  :blink:

Make no mistake, we’re currently in the top 5 because of Schmeichel since the restart.

Before last night he’d won us the 2 other points (apart from Palace at home). Single handedly kept us in the games against Brighton and Arsenal.

He had an appalling 2 minutes yesterday. If we’d been more clinical in the first half and Rodgers wasn’t such a tit at half time - he could’ve afforded to have those 2 minutes and we’d probably still be winning. 

He’s not exempt from criticism but I think as far as yesterday is concerned, the manager has to take the very large majority of it, then Soyuncu & Schmeichel.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Livid said:

Let’s be brutally honest we are nowhere near being a true top four side.

- Any of the other contenders would have been so far out of sight at half time they would have been beaten into surrender, one dodgy substitution would have made no difference.

- Individually we just don’t have the mentality. Brendan shoring up a 1-0 against a side offering absolutely no threat. A keeper playing his ‘Triumph or Disaster’ risky short pass at 1-0. Our central defender losing his head and getting a straight red. 

- We have no spine, no fight, no aggression. We don’t go for the jugular. Any side that offers any kind of resistance and we go into our shell. 

That was pathetic. Put the kids out for the last three and let’s save ourselves the humiliation of European football in any form. 

Spot on we’ve been spoiled with our lofty position in the league and we expect them to compete in the Champions League playing like that against a Top European side and it will end up a cricket score rather than football, we looked great for the win in the first half would have put Gray or Barnes on when Albrighton had to go off shame really he looked great.

Thought Brendan got it completely wrong last night we really need other results to go our way this week and the lads need to put out a quality performance against Sheffield or that could end up another embarrassing scorline, like others have said think we may have just lost our CL spot only chance for European football is the Europa now Brendan needs to sort this out ASAP otherwise he’ll lose a few fans that have always been behind him !

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

Make no mistake, we’re currently in the top 5 because of Schmeichel since the restart.

Before last night he’d won us the 2 other points (apart from Palace at home). Single handedly kept us in the games against Brighton and Arsenal.

He had an appalling 2 minutes yesterday. If we’d been more clinical in the first half and Rodgers wasn’t such a tit at half time - he could’ve afforded to have those 2 minutes and we’d probably still be winning. 

He’s not exempt from criticism but I think as far as yesterday is concerned, the manager has to take the very large majority of it, then Soyuncu & Schmeichel.

All opinions I guess, but the damage Kasper did yesterday went way beyond the 2 goals he gave away.

You are argue it was Brendan's poor subs, and it may have played a part, but not more so than Kasper's sh*t show

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not understand why Rodgers can get massive pelters, but Kasper gets nothing.

Surely we are not so blinkered that everyone who won the league is untouchable?

Or that Rodgers does not have the right to be outraged/lost/confused by what he saw?

Kasper apologised? Wow, good job. You fuched it proper twice Kasper, that game is on you, and you alone. 

Yet people would rather lambast Rodgers for changes we have no clue what the reasons were  :blink:

I guess it is because we want the best team in the best formation and with the best tactics that we are capable of to play to our full potential. We feel frustrated because we know the team can do much better than yesterday’s showing or the last half year really. We have the players, and yes they can individually make mistakes. We are upset as we see us destroy ourselves mentally through negativity and having better players for the occasion subbed out or sit on the bench.

If our squad is one of Championship quality, I would be overjoyed with even just being in the Premier League because we have overachieved. On the other hand, I feel like we are underachieving and not doing the best that we can.

1 minute ago, Jam orton said:

The only positive is that this result should kick the lads arses in gear and turn up for the last 3 games. 

If we had held on to a 1-0 win and the second half was played in the same way it was (Dreary football with nobody paying attention, misplacing passes constantly etc) then I have no doubt we would be walking head first into 3 defeats in our last 3 games.

Hopefully a lot of honest things were said last night. I hope they each got a lot of things off of their chests. They deserved a hiding at some point.

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I guess it is because we want the best team in the best formation and with the best tactics that we are capable of to play to our full potential. We feel frustrated because we know the team can do much better than yesterday’s showing or the last half year really. We have the players, and yes they can individually make mistakes. We are upset as we see us destroy ourselves mentally through negativity and having better players for the occasion subbed out or sit on the bench.

If our squad is one of Championship quality, I would be overjoyed with even just being in the Premier League because we have overachieved. On the other hand, I feel like we are underachieving and not doing the best that we can.

We all went the best, that we can agree on  :thumbup:

It just armchair managers, "He should have done X, Y, Z" without seeing any of the activity that occurs between matches or seeing the match with the same critical eyes as the management team.

Was it  sh*t show? Of course, embarrassingly so! But to always lay the blame at the managers door (again and again and again) is just lazy and a bit silly,

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Do you think they have the character to respond positively to what happened last night?

Fancy Schmeichel might kill all 11 players on the opposition team next time, so probably.

The players have thrown the towel in now. I'm not convinced they wanted to come back and play at all. Ndidi for example has been a disgrace since the restart.

I've said time and again this squad is too soft physically and mentally to compete at the very top.

I can't see us getting more than another point in the remaining games. Say goodbye to the CL.

Instead of it being one of our most memorable seasons this bunch of clowns have turned it into an embarrassment. I doubt they'll care too much.

Big close season needed and some tough decisions to make.

• Like 3

Guest ttfn
8 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

The only positive is that this result should kick the lads arses in gear and turn up for the last 3 games. 

You could have said this about most of the last 20-odd games. So many stages at which you thought we’d hit rock bottom in that run, so many false dawns and we’re still repeating the same mistakes.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You have zero evidence of that, whereas I have evidence of my point

What? 
I’m not sure some pseudo analytical hogwash means I’m just going to accept your point. 

Cags getting sent off wasn’t Kaspers fault was it leaving a wobbly defensive unit short on numbers? 

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

I still think everyone is over reacting.

If we hadn't lost Ricardo, Madders and Chilly in quick succession, we'd still be comfortably in Champs league spots.

Players like them, especially Ricardo, change games when we need some flare.

There is no doubt we need to spend in the summer to give us better quality in depth, but we knew that already didn't we?

Most of us have said all season we are an injury away from struggling, and unfortunately we've had 3 to the 3 most important players in the squad.

Quite frankly we've completely burnt out from playing well above what you would say our standard is...

It's frustrating and disappointing that we may miss out on champs league, but under the circumstances and the events of this year, it's not the end of the world.

Europa was this year's target at the start. It'll be job done and time to build for next year's Champions League push if we do end up out of the top 4...

I'd like to point out that both Chilwell and Maddison have been dreadful since the restart and wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Let's have it right - Maddison hasn't been bothered since he found out United had been on the phone.

Ricardo we don't know whether he would or not as he's obviously not been there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

I still think everyone is over reacting.

If we hadn't lost Ricardo, Madders and Chilly in quick succession, we'd still be comfortably in Champs league spots.

Players like them, especially Ricardo, change games when we need some flare.

Can't be arsed to find my post but look at our results since Newcastle on New Years Day, even with a pretty much full strength squad we've been absolutely crap. Stick Ricardo and Maddison into that side yesterday, you think the result would have been anything different? The personnel in the team are irrelevant if the mentality of the squad isn't right, or the tactics we're employing are wrong.

• Like 1

What? 
I’m not sure some pseudo analytical hogwash means I’m just going to accept your point. 

Cags getting sent off wasn’t Kaspers fault was it leaving a wobbly defensive unit short on numbers? 

The reason Cags was in that position was because Kasper  failed to save the shot, he certainly should have saved (by his own admission)

Not sure what pseudo analytical hogwash was, but Kasper kicked at Wilf, sounds pretty facty"

13 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

Oh god no it bloody won't man.

Villa semi final (who were bottom 3), Man City & Liverpool, Southampton, Burnley (hadn't won in about 5 games), Chelsea (were struggling under Lampard compared to their usual self), Norwich away (bottom of the table, can't score, can't defend), Watford away (failed to hold onto a lead for 2 minutes), Everton (poor poor side, 2-0 down inside the first 15), Arsenal (improved since Arteta, but press them and get in their faces they'll crumble, lucky to get a point thanks to VAR) then yesterday, cruising, wrong subs, players imploding, Rodgers not taking any form of responsibility, Solanke scoring a bloody brace.

The blind faith on here is staggering, I'd like to think they'd be getting boo'd off the pitch if fans were allowed into the stadium.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Chilwell had been one of our better players since the restart before his injuries and we saw what difference Maddison makes when he came on against Everton. You can’t believe that we were stronger with Fuchs in the side yesterday? Or that Maddison maybe would’ve created a bit more than Perez, who is a goalscorer playing a creator’s role right now. 

We lost 4-1, it's not like we lost 2-1 due to a defensive error or a missed couple of 1vs1s, we got absolutely battered in that second half, which means it's either down to mentality, Bournemouths team being technically much better than ours, tactics, or a combination of the three. Now I'd say their team is definitely not better than ours, so it's a combination of the other two.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The reason Cags was in that position was because Kasper  failed to save the shot, he certainly should have saved (by his own admission)

Not sure what pseudo analytical hogwash was, but Kasper kicked at Wilf, sounds pretty facty"

Right. You are clearly on a Kasper bash. 
Do defenders normally go around kicking opponents after they score then? 
Im not a massive Kasper fan, I think he’s either great or woeful but I am the first to say that apart from his brain freeze moment last night, he wasn’t anywhere near the reason we lost that game.

We lost  that game because we have a backbone made of mashed potato. 

Right. You are clearly on a Kasper bash. 
Do defenders normally go around kicking opponents after they score then? 
Im not a massive Kasper fan, I think he’s either great or woeful but I am the first to say that apart from his brain freeze moment last night, he wasn’t anywhere near the reason we lost that game.

We lost  that game because we have a backbone made of mashed potato. 

Do we lose that game if Kasper kicked the ball properly from the goal kick? The whole thing stems from that.