Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I don't actually agree that we were all that good in the first half. We should have pushed much harder for a second before they had a chance to regroup.

Neither did I think Iheanacho did especially well. His first touch was off, and he struggled to hold the ball up (in spite of the assist). Perez wasn't nearly as bright as some are suggesting either - too often he failed to make a nuisance of himself when we were off the ball.

So I understood Kelechi coming off. I just couldn't for the life of me make any sense of Praet coming on.

It's also wrong to suggest that the game hinged on Schmeichel's error. For 15-20 minutes before that we'd conceded the initiative, so at some point defensive errors were going to come into play. In the event, it came courtesy of a guy who's already salvaged 3 or 4 points for us since the restart, so we can't have many complaints. And that, in turn, doesn't excuse the abject capitulation that followed.

Very few players come out of that with any credit. Soyuncu, Evans, Fuchs and Schmeichel were the most visible culprits, but Rodgers is right in saying that there was a lack of spirit throughout. In fact, it looked like something was seriously wrong off the pitch (and people can't keep blaming the 'Old Guard' for this, because there are hardly any of them left! And the ones who are left are hardly questionable in terms of their application).

Fair play to Kasper for holding his hands up. 7 or 8 more should follow suit.

As for the manager - his decision-making hardly inspired positivity, did it? It's increasingly hard to assure myself that, no, this isn't 2001 all over again: A manager succeeding initially with someone else's team, heralded by the media as the brightest coach on the scene, only to stumble because of poor recruitment and an inability to address his own missteps. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to dispel these fears, but you can't watch a performance like that and fail to be concerned.

I don't believe things have got to a critical point yet. But unless Rodgers finds some new answers, he could be into his last dozen or so games in the job. If we finish 6th or 7th and start the new season poorly, he'll be a goner by October. So this could be like Pleat's loss to Millwall on Boxing Day 1990, or Taylor's Wycombe moment, or Levein blowing a lead at Stoke just before Xmas in 2005. Or, alternatively, it could be another Watford. It feels like it's going to be one or the other.

...I thought it was a good idea to replace Nacho at the time!!!

He was hardly noticed at the back end of the first half and thought we could do with a player willing to take on their defence. At that moment I felt that Barnes would be the replacement and would have ran them ragged up front. They were so poor they were looking for a reason to quit. We couldn't get the second, it left the door open.

They changed shape, matched up with us and Rodgers as usual had no answer.

He needs a tactician on his coaching staff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

My reply, kasper **** off you twat !!!

The chap has saved us way more points than he has cost us this season. 

But an horrendous time to make a catastrophic mistake..

• Like 1

I still can't quite believe what I witnessed earlier.

You know after Southampton I felt numb for a while. I remember driving back through 3 hours of pissing rain scarcely believing what I'd just witnessed. I got home, stuck the goals on and was just laughing like a little child.

I've got that same numbness after that earlier. That was simply embarrassing and a disgrace. I actually can't believe we've managed to serve up a collapse quite that awful. We're the laughing stock of the league tonight and this league contains both Arsenal and Everton.

Rodgers is a coward. Completely lost faith in him after that.

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I still can't quite believe what I witnessed earlier.

You know after Southampton I felt numb for a while. I remember driving back through 3 hours of pissing rain scarcely believing what I'd just witnessed. I got home, stuck the goals on and was just laughing like a little child.

I've got that same numbness after that earlier. That was simply embarrassing and a disgrace. I actually can't believe we've managed to serve up a collapse quite that awful. We're the laughing stock of the league tonight and this league contains both Arsenal and Everton.

Rodgers is a coward. Completely lost faith in him after that.

I like to think I’m quite calm most of the time, and try not to overreact to stuff, but after that hour, I completely agree with you on this. Especially the point about cowardice from Rodgers. From the nature of the half time substitution to the post match interview it wreaks of cowardice. In truth we’ve only beaten teams who have been woeful on the day since Christmas. Last night we could not even manage that.

it seems daft to say this as we sit fourth, but it’s all about trends, and since the year began the trend has been almost unremittingly negative.

I really want BR to succeed with us, but I’m not sure he has it in him now. I will be delighted to be proven wrong.

• Like 4

Just watched Brendan Rodgers post match interview, shocking display from him kicking Iheanacho in the nuts, trying to justify poor tactical changes and "Nothing to do with me" attitude. I think he needs to fess up tomorrow and accept his share of culpability for this shambolic embarrassment. I doubt that Top will be enamoured with his ' leadership' or rather lack of. 

I'm not excusing the players but the ones that have spoken have at least owned their mistakes.

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Supporting this club since 1993. Today I walked away from the telly and genuinely do not think I will watch Sheff U or any of the games for the rest of this season. **** the result. They had no response. Not a moment. I’m over 30 now and for the first time I looked at the side and thought **** this club. I’ll probably return in a few days but they’ve really made think twice if I want to watch these particular players again. 

Completely feel you here. The lot of them are embarrassing. Most spineless Leicester side I can remember. Knew it as soon as we let this abysmal Villa side do us over two legs.

They're so mentally weak it's ****ing unbelievable.

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well if the leagues fixed as some of you have ridiculously claimed safe to say a few of  our players are definitely in on it.

I'll give you that one lol

No excuses. Most of the players and certainly the manager don't deserve to be anywhere near the Champions League.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ttfn said:

May 2008 was the last time I felt this low

about our club.

”But we’re still 4th” etc doesn’t cut it.

Its the same issues rearing their heads time and again.

Rodgers is an egomaniac, I feel stupid for falling for him earlier in the season. Replacing Nacho with Praet was absolutely ridiculous and clearly so at half time.

The team has absolutely no personality. When the going gets tough they **** off. It doesn’t help that Ricardo’s not there but let’s face it he’s not going to hang around to play with this bunch of wet lettuces next season is he?

Absolutely abdicated every single big game this season. And that’s why today is so disappointing - because in the first half Ndidi and Tielemans grabbed hold of the game. They had passing options ahead of them and the movement was fluid with Perez coming in off the left. And then Brendan’s ego took over and here we are. Losing 4-1 to a Bournemouth side with 3 goals in their last 5 matches. Even Solanke scored ffs.

I’m a firm believer that the manager sets the pattern of play and that the players’ responsibility is only set within those parameters. It’s why I was willing to give Puel time. Rodgers is setting us up not to get beaten and when we do manage to take a lead (today was the earliest goal we’d scored for 7 months) he immediately throws away the initiative.

It was a ****ing disgrace. The most mental thing about that game is we had a 0-4/0-5 type of win there for the taking. To manage to lose that 4-1 is a level of ineptness I simply can't comprehend.

I really do think this will be a result we resent for years and years.

Edited by Dan LCFC

2 hours ago, MPH said:

The chap has saved us way more points than he has cost us this season. 

But an horrendous time to make a catastrophic mistake..

This chap has you put it has cost us a lot of points, the villa game comes to mind.

Kaspers shot stopping which is his only strength is in decline in my opinion, and his weakness distribution has gone from bad to worse.

Since we have left the long ball game behind, a player on a 100 grand a week you would have thought he’d learn how to kick a ball, and pass one.

He either kicks it straight out of play, or long and waste it, or straight to their players, think it was Man City where he just kick it to their player again in a very dangerous area.

If we continue with this style of play, kasper has to be replaced as he’s a liability with the ball at his feet

6 hours ago, trabuch said:

Rodgers "You've got to grind it out sometimes in football" - Not when you are hammering the opposition you dickhead.

That sentence told me everything, to be honest.

He's a coward. He is the root of the bottlejob tendency.

Edited by Dan LCFC

I’m as upset as any of you but just stop and taken a minute to  think about what has happened.

No player nor indeed the manger wanted this.

You cant make them feel any worse than they already feel.

Take a breath

6 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Don't be so pathetic!

You have to put all this into perspective, our squad is thin, we've got three of our best players injured, Madison back next game and Chilly back on the left. We'll be fine.

I can see the pressure being too much for United, they'll win tomorrow, but crumble at some point. Chelsea had a similar collapse yesterday.

No team is consistent at the moment. It's the nature of this league, which gets tighter every year....

We'll be battling for top 5 again next season and with a few quality additions to our squad, I can see us doing even better than this season.

If you said top 5 in July last year I'd have snapped your hand off.... Let's stay classy hey! Let's not become spurs.

It really isn't that ridiculous. We're 4th (well 5th when Man Utd are given another win later) from a position of being comfortably 2nd in January. Consider we've just had a big break and if anything our problems appear to have gotten bigger rather than gone the other way.

You say we have a thin squad - how do you think we're going to cope next season when we've got trips to Serbia and Belarus to contend with?

The mentality of the team is also a huge worry and that starts with the manager. He proved it tonight with his cowardice.

It isn't irrecoverable but things are a lot worse than the league table makes it look. If we have a bad summer, make no mistake, we are a dark horse to drop next year.

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

I like to think I’m quite calm most of the time, and try not to overreact to stuff, but after that hour, I completely agree with you on this. Especially the point about cowardice from Rodgers. From the nature of the half time substitution to the post match interview it wreaks of cowardice. In truth we’ve only beaten teams who have been woeful on the day since Christmas. Last night we could not even manage that.

it seems daft to say this as we sit fourth, but it’s all about trends, and since the year began the trend has been almost unremittingly negative.

I really want BR to succeed with us, but I’m not sure he has it in him now. I will be delighted to be proven wrong.

"We tried to grind it out". It's just unbelievable. What has happened to him? Grind it out? We had a 0-3/0-4 win there for the taking.

There is grasping a defeat from the jaws of victory and then there's that - we have genuinely just grasped being hammered from the jaws of hammering them. It's a simply staggering level of shite.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

What makes the substitution even more baffling is that it took him 70 minutes to make a change against Brighton a couple of weeks ago. We didn't have a shot on target in that game

Exactly this! You see it’s decisions like these where it makes me question if he’s being paid off by someone to throw the games! 
whilst it obviously sounds ridiculous, I fail to see how anyone could honestly do some of the decisions he does at times.

Its like he’s just met his players yesterday and not seen them play!

Not sure what Rodgers said at half time, but he should have kept his trap shut. Why did he replace Nacho so early? He was working well with Vardy. Quite disgraceful second half performance. It actually reminded me of Spurs performance against Chelsea in the title season, when they lost their shit.

Things look very bleak now with so many players out and some tough fixtures, so CL only an outside possibility. Just hope we don’t lose too many players in the window. At least Vardy should get the Golden Boot.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

I still think that’s the worst game I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe it happened? It was genuinely like a joke game. I’m trying to be positive and think that Utd are gonna lose and that shtshow will somehow inspire us to greatness in our final games. X 

• Like 1