Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know how many goalkicks Kasper’s taken in the Premier League but very, very few end up like yesterday. 

Let’s not get on his back, if it weren’t for him we’d have already had hopes of Champions League next season dead and buried a few games ago. 

He’s also one of the few players within this side that have a bit of steel about them and a strong mentality, we need players like him, Evans and Vardy to galvanise the others around them. 

Not sure where I said anything to the contrary, Kasper has been immense, distribution is often poor, but that is "his thing", his pecularity

That is fine, but does that mean when he cocks up he is beyond reproach?

We are 4th (somehow still) above the aim f EL, but Rodgers isn`t above reproach.

We way way way to quickly blame managers and I would like that to change. It cannot always be Rodgers (And Chilwell, any maybe Wellens at a push) fault.

Just want a bit of balance for once.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do we lose that game if Kasper kicked the ball properly from the goal kick? The whole thing stems from that.

Yes we do. That game needed us to be 2-0 at 45 minutes. 
That first half was the same as the second half  against the Arse, all possession, no guile. 

7 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Right. You are clearly on a Kasper bash. 
Do defenders normally go around kicking opponents after they score then? 
Im not a massive Kasper fan, I think he’s either great or woeful but I am the first to say that apart from his brain freeze moment last night, he wasn’t anywhere near the reason we lost that game.

We lost  that game because we have a backbone made of mashed potato. 

It is a Kasper bash, but one game only, and rightly so I would argue.

Doubt Cags would have kicked out if Kasper had of saved it :blink:

I do not get how anyone cannot say the "FAIL" started after Kaspers horror show, it is beyond me.

This does  not make him all time crap, just crap in that game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying you did say anything to the contrary, just using perspective. 

He’s not beyond reproach but what happened yesterday could happen to any keeper at any given time, it’s just typical it happens to ours at the most crucial point of the season. 

He should’ve done better yesterday but this squad has much bigger problems than Kasper’s distribution, which personally I think has come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years. 

Oh the squad does have bigger issue for sure, depth is a glaring one. I just get pee'd with the auto blaming of the manager. Its very tiresome, especially when incidents like yesterday happen.

That game was our whole season in microcosm.

Started with confidence, passing around, not taking any prisoners, brushing passed opponents. 
Half time (Norwich game), look a shambles, give away silly goals, shoot ourselves in the foot and generally be out played and out thought and out fought! With the occasional flash of something (Barnes’ effort).

Kaspers distribution is shocking, stupid floaty passes to the fullbacks, idiotic drilled passes down the middle. If If Rodgers needs a keeper to play out from the back , we need Identify one. If there has been an improvement it is in the air, he is now ok at that

• Like 1

Every single change Brendan made last night weakend us.

Albrighton off for Bennett - ok this was enforced, but you've taken off an attack minded player for someone who is more defensive, the team has lost some attacking threat because of this, surely would factor this into your future subs?

Iheanacho off for Praet - I mean, what the ****? We now have 5 defenders, 4 midfielders and 1 striker on the pitch against a side who didn't trouble us once. Iheanacho plugged the gap between midfield, but now Vardy is even more isolated up top.

Perez off for Barnes - Like for like sub, no extra attacking firepower added. Vardy is still isolated.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 4

Massively disappointed and tonight could be painful. Even with a Man C ban, on this form Wolves will be chasing us down. 

But massive positives to take away from this season. We've got a young and exciting squad .... let's hope we can keep them together, we can learn from this.

We've been missing key players in Maddison & Ricky recently. Wilf was out before the break as well.

Excuse maybe? Or perhaps we've just been found out. A top four team but not a top four squad. And next season we need to address this. We upgrade a few, add strength indepth and add, ffs, some much needed nous & guile.

K.T.F.  

Even early on the warning sings were there - Albrighton gets injured and he brings Bennett on in his place.

15 minutes in and you change the system to be more negative by bringing on a defender for a midfielder. It made no sense.

I wasn’t even surprised Iheanacho came off. He brought him off against Arsenal when we needed a goal (and he had scored already, wrongly disallowed). Also that period when he couldn’t stop scoring he brought him off after half an hour in one game.

What’s his problem?

Yet Perez keeps getting picked despite never even being able to find a teammate in his life.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Even early on the warning sings were there - Albrighton gets injured and he brings Bennett on in his place.

15 minutes in and you change the system to be more negative by bringing on a defender for a midfielder. It made no sense.

I wasn’t even surprised Iheanacho came off. He brought him off against Arsenal when we needed a goal (and he had scored already, wrongly disallowed). Also that period when he couldn’t stop scoring he brought him off after half an hour in one game.

What’s his problem?

Yet Perez keeps getting picked despite never even being able to find a teammate in his life.

Totally agree - I cant understand what Nacho has done to Rodgers to get this sort of treatment. I winced at the Albrighton substitution but we got away with it because Bournemouth were so poor and we did OK. OK was good enough in the first 45 minutes but we were not in any way brilliant, just middle of the road ;because they were abject.   Then he takes off Ihenacho, isolates Vardy, screws around with Perez's position and the confusion envelops the whole team. I switched off after 72 minutes because I knew we would not get back into it, The mentality and attitude was shot. 

If Claude Puel was in charge at this time, he would have been out of the door this morning.  Brendan has lost a couple of his lifelines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Albrighton off for Bennett - ok this was enforced, but you've taken off an attack minded player for someone who is more defensive, the team has lost some attacking threat because of this, surely would factor this into your future subs?

Iheanacho off for Praet - I mean, what the ****? We now have 5 defenders, 4 midfielders and 1 striker on the pitch against a side who didn't trouble us once. Iheanacho plugged the gap between midfield, but now Vardy is even more isolated up top.

Perez off for Barnes - Like for like sub, no extra attacking firepower added. Vardy is still isolated.

This substitution only changed our shape from

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Soyuncu

Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Fuchs

Perez

Vardy Iheanacho

to

Schmeichel

Bennett Evans Soyuncu

Justin Ndidi Tielemans Fuchs

Perez

Vardy Iheanacho

It's not that drastic and was really the only realistic change he could make unless we wanted Gray or Barnes playing RWB.

Just shows how shallow our squad depth is.

Alternatively, we could have shifted to a back 4, and gone to something like

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet Tielemans

Perez

Vardy Iheanacho

Or maybe reverted to a 4141, but I guess he thought we had better chances with a back 3.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

This is spot on. Crazy subs. The first issue I have are he had the opportunity to fix it before the calamitous 2 minutes. As soon as the second half kicked off it was obvious we'd lost control of the game and were no longer in the ascendancy. Praet has come on, fine. He could have taken Tielemans off, put Praet alongside Ndidi and got Barnes on alongside Vardy. Yes, it wouldn't have looked great but at least it would have got us back into a shape we'd found some success with. Secondly, after we'd gone 2-1 down, I don't think he did enough to try and salvage the game. We might has well have gambled and a put Gray on too and thrown caution to the wind a bit. Even rescuing a draw would have been something Instead we sat there and created nothing bar Barnes' decent hit in the last minute. It was all to pitiful and predictable. Utter madness.

• Like 2

If it emerged that we had been embroiled in a match fixing scandal in this game I wouldn’t bat an eyelid, it was that bad. I’m so irritated by anyone in the media giving Bournemouth an ounce of credit, they were hands down the most inept team we’ve played since we returned to the top flight and we absolutely imploded and gift wrapped them three goals (I didn’t see the fourth). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

What’s his problem?

Perez certainly wasn't the problem.  His touch is off but he's doing OK in the Shinji "forechecking" role - he forced a turnover that led directly to the goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

Right. You are clearly on a Kasper bash. 
Do defenders normally go around kicking opponents after they score then? 
Im not a massive Kasper fan, I think he’s either great or woeful but I am the first to say that apart from his brain freeze moment last night, he wasn’t anywhere near the reason we lost that game.

We lost  that game because we have a backbone made of mashed potato. 

We'll look back at this in a few years time,and do the same....

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Chilwell had been one of our better players since the restart before his injuries and we saw what difference Maddison makes when he came on against Everton. You can’t believe that we were stronger with Fuchs in the side yesterday? Or that Maddison maybe would’ve created a bit more than Perez, who is a goalscorer playing a creator’s role right now. 

I'm talking about attitude not ability.

Do i think Maddison is better than Perez? Yes.

Ditto overall Chilwell is better than Fuchs.

When things are going well they're both great. When you need to dig in, work harder than the opposition and show some mental and physical balls they've been found lacking. Watch the games, it's written all over their faces.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday was the worst half of football I’ve witnessed, from City, that I can remember. Let’s just hope the squad (depleted as it now is) recognises how much it hurt the fans, and they use it to get as many points on the board in the remaining three games. It should take us into the Europa League, which is where we deserve to be.

The performances need to improve massively (not just results, as above) to give the players and fans confidence for next season. We need to see some heart now, and passion. Like Southampton following their trouncing by us.

Get behind the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

What’s his problem?

I am with you in this one,I am Not only confused in the players total Lack of mental discipline,that has lead up to many individual necessary mistakes,

But Rodgers going from an attacking mentality,to a too cautious one....

Nds turned the Southampton game Philosophy on its head..!!

We played against 10 man Arsenal ,couldnt create One decent break....Bournemouth seen the chink & Hammered 4 by us...

Its how BR is Setting it up,But also how the players are performing & presenting themselves....

In the cold light...

Norwich..1-0

Watford..1-1

Brighton..0-0

Bournemouth..4-1

If we had a very avg.Squad & playing only for Top 12....Then ok,But no!!     Not even with my Happy clapper,optimistisch View point,can I make any argument,

For These  continual dross Team performances,for a team wanting to compete,and aspire to The Top 6....

Solskjaer & Lampard,Two young managers,giving Youth a chance, being supporting but also prepared

to show Anger & disapointment towards their own teams. openly, is also characteristics that BR could learn....

I Don t want BRodgers out,we will Finish historically  in our 2nd highest ever position.

No manager with our Ressources has ever taken a PL team into consistent heavy hights.far

If it took Klopp 3+ seasons with far better rescources,then BR needs Time backing...

To carry our aspirations further old hardened fans I believe,still want  that fearless & fighting spirit ethos we had, to be dragged 

along with those high aspirations,whether successful or just missing out. Plus some downright honest hard talk....