Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

I am surprised the authorities are no drug testing our players after that.  I wonder how many Chinese punters had dosh 0-1:4-1??     A truly astonishing turnaround. This is up there with Harlow Away and Wycombe at Home. 

Needs a massive effort now. The 

I've not read everyone else's comments, I can't bring myself to, so I've just come on to have my own little rant.

Woke up this morning with a knot in my stomach, then the memories came flooding back.  Did that really happen?

I can't remember being so disgusted with my team.  And with so much at stake too.  Wretched, spineless, humiliating capitulation.

I said in the match thread that Bournemouth were the worst team I had seen  since Southampton.  They were lambs to the slaughter, begging to be put to the sword.  Everyone beats Bournemouth but somehow we conspired to hand them four goals in half an hour. 

A lot of you are blaming Rodgers and he didn't cover himself in glory but this is on the players.  Bennett for Albrighton was not necessarily defensive, just formation change.  Whichever formation or players we had out there, we had more than enough to batter Bournemouth.  They royally fouled up in a way that I didn't even think was possible.

This will take some getting over.  The season is now over for me.  Champions League is gone without a whimper and if Wolves and Sheff U overtake us, I'm past caring after that.

• Like 1

I’ll echo the thing about mentality. Obviously teams have bad runs of form but ours has lasted half a season. There’s always some kind of malaise, it seems, and has been since winning the league, normally directed at managers, but now we’ve got a young team, and a widely regarded manager. I hope we can get behind the team - someone needs to give them a push and ideally in a good direction.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I’ll echo the thing about mentality. Obviously teams have bad runs of form but ours has lasted half a season. There’s always some kind of malaise, it seems, and has been since winning the league, normally directed at managers, but now we’ve got a young team, and a widely regarded manager. I hope we can get behind the team - someone needs to give them a push and ideally in a good direction.

Forward?

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not understand why Rodgers can get massive pelters, but Kasper gets nothing.

Surely we are not so blinkered that everyone who won the league is untouchable?

Or that Rodgers does not have the right to be outraged/lost/confused by what he saw?

Kasper apologised? Wow, good job. You fuched it proper twice Kasper, that game is on you, and you alone. 

Yet people would rather lambast Rodgers for changes we have no clue what the reasons were  :blink:

Kasper before last night was probably our best player since the restart, for most games he has done his job well, also he isnt the one picking the team, the tactics and making the subs.

He had a brain fade no doubt, but its simply the case the tactical foul up has overshadowed it.

• Like 1

I would like it if brendan came out and said I tried something and it didnt work.  Imo given that we were dominating then he should have waited to see how 2nd half unfolded.  If we were struggling then ok...change things st ht.

This leveling by leaders is essential. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Like all of us I expect the players are shocked to ho from a hosk up to a goal down with 10 men in just 90secs.

However... we should have got our sh1t together and sorted it out

I bet they were shocked to ho from a hosk up. Must have been most disconcerting. Maybe it put them off their game? :D

• Haha 1

Having had a day away from it, did Callum Wilson get a booking for his part in the Soyuncu kick? Not suggesting he deserved a red as there's no way it did, but he's come absolutely charging into Soyuncu to prevent him grabbing the ball, and obviously Soy has reacted stupidly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You've got to remember they've had European games too, had to rotate the squad and they've still got 5 more points than us. We've had a game a week, so our first 11 were fresh and fit.

We went a lot deeper in the cups than they did

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Having had a day away from it, did Callum Wilson get a booking for his part in the Soyuncu kick? Not suggesting he deserved a red as there's no way it did, but he's come absolutely charging into Soyuncu to prevent him grabbing the ball, and obviously Soy has reacted stupidly. 

Had cags just pushed Wilson back then I suspect both would have got yellows ....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Had cags just pushed Wilson back then I suspect both would have got yellows ....

Initially read that as "punched Wilson back" and agreed weirdly. Soy needs to make himself scarier, Was elbowed Berahino in the face and wasn't booked