Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Fifa World Cup 2022 - Qatar

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

So it's fine that there's a horrible law because some people break it.

World-leading equality, tolerance and inclusivity right here.

So because you dont agree with their laws and beliefs they shouldnt be allowed to host the world cup?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

So because you dont agree with their laws and beliefs they shouldnt be allowed to host the world cup?

They are hosting a pinnacle international competition, and are meant to be welcoming all cultures, religions, beliefs etc. If you cannot tolerate others, how can you be allowed to celebrate? 

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

They are hosting a pinnacle international competition, and are meant to be welcoming all cultures, religions, beliefs etc. If you cannot tolerate others, how can you be allowed to celebrate? 

They are welcoming all cultures though? Has anyone made a rule to stop gay people entering qatar? All they have asked is for people not to show it in public which i do not see the issue with?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Funnily enough, no, that's not the reason. That'll be because some of the laws, beliefs and practices are intolerant, repressive and show scant regard for basic human rignts. Oh, and also the bribery and corruption.

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

So it's fine that there's a horrible law because some people break it.

World-leading equality, tolerance and inclusivity right here.

it simply is the belief of the country and in the world that we live multiple beliefs exist. It is as simple as that. Its great that Britain and most of the western world has embraced gays and lesbians (but let's remember up until 2 years ago marriage of gays and lesbians was illegal in Britain). But just because you have certain beliefs it does not mean that other have to have these beliefs to especially if they are governed by an entirely different doctrine (the Muslim Religion).  

Ok i will state it more simply so even you can understand ... Women in Qatar face no discrimination because they are women. How about that.  is that "World-leading equality, tolerance and inclusivity right" there?

12 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Ha ha ha you really are one informed individual ... NOT! try leaving your living room to get a true perspective of the world. This has got to be a wind up nobody can be as ill-informed as this .. surely?

Sorry, which part of this post do you disagree with? 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

They are welcoming all cultures though? Has anyone made a rule to stop gay people entering qatar? All they have asked is for people not to show it in public which i do not see the issue with?

What about their treatment of gay people when they are in the country? That's where the backwards regressive approach is widely (and rightly) criticised globally. 

36 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I’m not comparing the value of lives. It’s a shame that any one loses their life at a place of work. Obviously I’m comparing the amount of deaths, the numbers simply can’t be ignored. 

Russia has shown that it was a farce of a World Cup too

Less so though. People hate to hear this, but Qatar and Russia are not even on the same level. At least, 2018 was hosted in a European country with the relevant infrastructure in place, not the best decision, but Qatar is x10 worse.

2 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

But just because you have certain beliefs it does not mean that other have to have these beliefs to especially if they are governed by an entirely different doctrine (the Muslim Religion).

Well on that basis then just because some Qataris have certain beliefs it does not mean that others have to have those beliefs too especially if they are not governed by that doctrine.

No?

3 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Name me one country in the world that does not have human rights abuse and i will call you a genius 

Well, how can anyone beat the fabulous argument that because other countries do some bad things criticisms of one country doing bad things are therefore completely invalid?

Truly, it is you who is the genius.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

If you cannot uphold basic Liberal principles and ridicule minorities, do not expect any sympathy on the global stage.

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

No, no, I mean whataboutery.

Are you being paid by Qatar to respond to any criticism with accusations of 'hypocrisy' or are you just doing it for fun?

Yes, i am being paid by Qatar. Because it is so surprising that someone disagrees with your standpoint on their beliefs

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

If you cannot uphold basic Liberal principles and ridicule minorities, do not expect any sympathy on the global stage.

As the poster above stated, gay marriage was not even legal in britain until 2 years ago yet you all happily lived in it before then? Whats changed?

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well on that basis then just because some Qataris have certain beliefs it does not mean that others have to have those beliefs too especially if they are not governed by that doctrine.

No?

I have no idea what you mean. It is all Muslim that have these belief not just Qatari have you ever been to Egypt or Lebanon etc etc etc? Anyway you cannot argue with Ill-informed individuals who believe that their beliefs should be the beliefs of everyone else.  Tolerance of individuals to believe and act in a manner different from your own views id a virtue.   

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What about their treatment of gay people when they are in the country? That's where the backwards regressive approach is widely (and rightly) criticised globally. 

What treatment of gay people? Do you think they have gangs of vigilantes going around from house to house with flaming torches seeking out gays?  

11 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Actually every single word because it is the biggest piece of BULLSHIT i have ever read on this forum. Invading neighbor states using radio active material  WHAT?

I think you might need to go and try reading it again, slowly this time. 

4 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

What treatment of gay people? Do you think they have gangs of vigilantes going around from house to house with flaming torches seeking out gays?  

If someone gay shows affection or even just holds hands in public, what happens? 

What is their punishment, if any? 

Are they beaten up? Are they arrested? 

• Like 1

I have no idea what you mean. It is all Muslim that have these belief not just Qatari

Surely you realise this discussion is about Qatar? You know, because the World Cup's there?

Anyway you cannot argue with Ill-informed individuals who believe that their beliefs should be the beliefs of everyone else.

Apparently not. Can you see the irony in your statement?

Tolerance of individuals to believe and act in a manner different from your own views id a virtue.

Exactly. That's the point people are making and against which you are arguing.

Edited by Manley Farrington-Brown