Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Mendy

Mendy is not like Fuchs or Wes. He can play, has shown he does not look out of place, is excellent cover, and every team needs that.

You cannot have a squad full of 1st team quality players ffs. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Mendy is not like Fuchs or Wes. He can play, has shown he does not look out of place, is excellent cover, and every team needs that.

You cannot have a squad full of 1st team quality players ffs. 

Ok, so where does Hamza play in your scenario then? He isn't ahead of Maddison, Tielemans or Praet and now according to you, he is behind Ndidi and Mendy too.... surely he is the perfect squad player? 

Agreed. This is sensible. If we’d let him go, we’d end up having to sign a replacement, and for someone competent we’d be spending a fair bit. Essentially it’s a solid free transfer for a player who’s abilities we are well aware of.

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Very happy with this. Also it’s potentially just saved us £15/£20m on a replacement. Good business from the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ok, so where does Hamza play in your scenario then? He isn't ahead of Maddison, Tielemans or Praet and now according to you, he is behind Ndidi and Mendy too.... surely he is the perfect squad player? 

Two things

1. I said nothing of the sort
  2. I suggest you stop pidgeon holing players in positions you assume they can play

But my turn - according to you, Wilf, Mendy and Hamza, are all competing for a single spot in the team!

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we can unanimously agree that our squad need improving more than the starting 11 does. What I don't understand is how we can improve on our current squad if we keep handing our current squad players new contracts....

That is Mendy, Fuchs and Morgan now...

I imagine then you wouldn’t kick off if we couldn’t get our primary target for a winger and had to settle for someone cheaper because we had to spend £20m on a replacement back up player?

Its a smart decision to make when looking at the overall squad strength and what positions are a priority in this transfer window

31 minutes ago, martyn said:

Find me a player as good as Mendy who is willing to be 5th choice CM (at best) at Leicester City, whilst spending less money on that player than the cost of renewing Mendy's contract.

The fact that he is 5th choice at Leicester is precisely the reason no one else came in for him. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, martyn said:

Find me a player as good as Mendy who is willing to be 5th choice CM (at best) at Leicester City, whilst spending less money on that player than the cost of renewing Mendy's contract.

Great shout! :appl:

• Haha 1

Personally very happy with this extension.  Will be needed for some tough games away in the Europa League.   I do not see this being the same as the contracts given to Fuchs and Wes, which in all honesty are not very good value in these extremely difficult financial times.