Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Mendy

6 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

3???

The rule is “8 players that were trained by clubs from the same national league, with 4 of them are from the club's own youth system”.

UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. 

English FA Grown - 15 players

Chilwell, Schmeichel, Justin, Morgan, Ward, Evans, Gray, Maddison, Albrighton, Barnes, Choudhury, James, Vardy, Iheanacho, Hirst

LCFC Home Grown - 7 players

Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury,Thomas, Bosworth, Dewsbury-Hall, Leshabela, 

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

His injuries are a myth. He had an ankle injury which required two rounds of surgery to fix, since then he has not suffered any ankle injuries (that was even before he was loaned back to Nice 2.5 years ago).

He sprained his knee ligaments in January which left him out for 5-6 weeks, a freak accident like Ricardo's, in the meantime we had to watch Choudhury perform terribly in his position.

I agree we need a winger, but if Ndidi gets injured we have no holding midfielder if Mendy goes. Knight and Dewsbury-Hall are good players but they haven't even played at Championship level. Is AFCON still in January now? That will hugely damage us if we lose Ndidi for a month.

In his time here, he's had significant spells of injuries. You're totally confident he won't have any others?

Choudhury may not have had the best run but he's young and needs time. 

Mendy does not and cannot slot into Ndid's role. Ndidi averages over 4 times as many tackles, over twice as many interceptions, over three times as many clearances per game. Mendy also averages less than a half a key pass per game. What does he really do that we couldn't upgrade on at a decent price?

24 minutes ago, Sly said:

The rule is “8 players that were trained by clubs from the same national league, with 4 of them are from the club's own youth system”.

UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. 

English FA Grown - 15 players

Chilwell, Schmeichel, Justin, Morgan, Ward, Evans, Gray, Maddison, Albrighton, Barnes, Choudhury, James, Vardy, Iheanacho, Hirst

LCFC Home Grown - 7 players

Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury,Thomas, Bosworth, Dewsbury-Hall, Leshabela, 

Home grown - make that five and falling.

Thomas ➡️ QPR

Dewsbury-Hall ➡️ Blackpool (loan)

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Home grown - make that five and falling.

Thomas ➡️ QPR

Dewsbury-Hall ➡️ Blackpool (loan)

Drewsbury hall isnt going on loan to blackpool next season, that was just a fake twitter account. He's either going championship or staying with us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

What do you want from him? Seriously? We are a top 5 club with lofty ambitions, and Choudhury isn't a top 5 first team player, however at the moment what he is is an adequate backup player. He is great at chasing balls down and tackling but he cannot pass to this level that should be required that we are at. It doesn't matter what role he plays, all roles at our level should be forward thinking and accurate (ish) with the ball and Choudhury isn't one of them.

...it appears we are at cross purposes!!!

I was alluding to Mendy and the role he plays for us. As with topics they can take on another players assessment and this appears to be one of these occasion. 

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

But as a manager you want your 25 man squad to offer you the opportunity to not just change system, but swap personnel to fit your preferred system.

Say we get a top winger and both he and Barnes light it up on the flanks in the first dozen games. Ndidi then gets injured, so you have to completely change your approach and potentially bin off one of your wingers just because you're not convinced your cover DM is capable of playing without Praet to support him. 

It's not the end of the world I'll grant you, but when you're building a squad of players you want to have confidence in your options as individuals that they can play in most systems within reason. I would have much more confidence in Mendy in a 4-3-3 than Choudhury.

I agree but that's kind of what Choudhury is for, even though last season was probably his worst season in terms of being a DCM for us. If we can get one in then great but its way down the list of priorities for me.

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it appears we are at cross purposes!!!

I was alluding to Mendy and the role he plays for us. As with topics they can take on another players assessment and this appears to be one of these occasion. 

👍

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He is at training today so surely if he doesn't have a contract he wouldn't be there?? 

Could just be the same thing we are doing with Kingy, letting them keep fit until they find a new club

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

He is at training today so surely if he doesn't have a contract he wouldn't be there?? 

He put ‘let’s go’ on his story, wonder if means he’s signed a contract? Maddison one still not confirmed, not sure what the hold is? 

I think we can unanimously agree that our squad need improving more than the starting 11 does. What I don't understand is how we can improve on our current squad if we keep handing our current squad players new contracts....

That is Mendy, Fuchs and Morgan now...

• Like 4