Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

Normally there are 16 teams in the 1st division, but now we will have 18 teams in "1A". This wouldn't be Belgium if we hadn't some wierd setup:

All the teams play each other twice (34) games. At the end of the regular season, the teams that finish in 1st, 2nd, 3th and 4th compete in Playoff 1, while teams that finish in 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th face each other in Playoff 2.

The winner of Playoff 1 wins the league and qualifies for the Champions League group stage. Number 2 qualifies for the CL third qualifying round, while number 3 qualifies for the Europa League group stage. The team that finishes 4th in Playoff 1 will face of against the winner of playoff 2 for a place in the Europa League second qualifying round.

The team that finishes 18th at the end of the regular season drops down to the 2nd division, while number 17 will face of against the team that finishes in second place in the 2nd division.

This setup will only be used in the upcoming season (2020/2021). In the 2021/2022 season there will be 3 teams that drop down automatically to the 2nd division (teams 16, 17 and 18), while only the winner of the 2nd division get promoted. This means the 2022/2023 season will have 16 teams in the 1st division and everything returns to "normal". 

Personally I would be happy if we can fight off relegation this season.

Yes, i think that has to be key doesn't it. Get yourself established and work from there. 

I wish you all the best for the up and coming season and hopefully now you are in the big boy league there will be more streams available to watch. Looking forward to it 

• Like 1

I'd quite like to see Matty James go over and give it a go. He needs consistent playing time and if he can stay fit...I reckon he might thrive at OHL.

Diabate is also a good shout. He was so raw when he came to us. OHL would be a good project for him.

On 31/07/2020 at 14:46, Bonanza said:

It's official: OHL has just been promoted to the Belgian 1st division!!!

After numerous of court orders and complaint, the League had no other option as to promote both us and Beerschot. Waasland-Beveren is staying up as well.

This whole situation could've been avoided if the League used common sense!

We finally can start signing new players!

Great news. Congratulations.

Is the outstanding game with Beerschot still going ahead?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Great news. Congratulations.

Is the outstanding game with Beerschot still going ahead?

Yes, we still have to play Beerschot tomorrow at 7 p.m.

This game will decide who wins the league. Beerschot won the first game 1-0

Thank you @Bonanza for doing a great job keeping us updated on our sister club -- with enough context to help us understand the Belgian leagues.  I'm guessing you have a PhD in physics since you can explain the structures of the playoffs.

On a related note, where are you @Lizhang?  Our first OHL superfan, and my source for streams!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Thank you @Bonanza for doing a great job keeping us updated on our sister club -- with enough context to help us understand the Belgian leagues.  I'm guessing you have a PhD in physics since you can explain the structures of the playoffs.

On a related note, where are you @Lizhang?  Our first OHL superfan, and my source for streams!

You rang, m'lord?

By the way, we have to forfeit our 1st division TV budget for the "free promotion".

Edited by Lizhang
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

we have to forfeit our 1st division TV budget for the "free promotion".

Is a few million euros for the season a decent guess?  King Power will not hesitate to make that kind of investment to keep OHL up, then the club can move on from there.

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Is a few million euros for the season a decent guess?  King Power will not hesitate to make that kind of investment to keep OHL up, then the club can move on from there.

Hehe, i don't even think it's one million.

It might have been covered numerous times already, but is it just me who doesn't like this affiliation with Leuven? 

I just don't get why people want to go over there, or why the thread is even in the Leicester part of the forum, why we sell their shirts in the megastore etc. 

We're talking about a club with the same sponsor, I wouldn't follow Wigan in 2006.

Each to their own I guess.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It might have been covered numerous times already, but is it just me who doesn't like this affiliation with Leuven? 

I just don't get why people want to go over there, or why the thread is even in the Leicester part of the forum, why we sell their shirts in the megastore etc. 

We're talking about a club with the same sponsor, I wouldn't follow Wigan in 2006.

Each to their own I guess.

Owner.