Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....FT 3 - 1 to OHL, took their chances, Kortrijk not good enough in the last third. They were technically better and all the stats were in their favour. Nice three points though!!!

You mean after they got to play with a guy extra for an hour?

Anyone know what their music is at the end of the match? Hardly seems inspiring. If it means something then I take the comment back!

Also I've seen the managers photos before but tonight he looked like a lady who was going to a grannies tea party after the game.

5 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

You mean after they got to play with a guy extra for an hour?

.....stats were in there favour before the sending off. OHL took their chances well, but it seems like it was against the run of play!!!

They had chances to counter them in the second have but poor execution deprived us of more goals. We do seem to overplay when we are leading, just need the discipline and to keep things simple.

Edited by sacreblueits442

23 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Giving the ball away way too often and too easily.

As I say, he seems to still be a huge work in progress and I'm fascinated to see what Rodgers could do with him. He's turned Harvey Barnes in to a superb player and Sowah seems to have gone from being absolutely nowhere to scoring and assisting in a very good division. Still barely 21 so he seems to have a very good future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....stats were in there favour before the sending off. OHL took their chances well, but it seems like it was against the run of play!!!

They had chances to counter them in the second have but poor execution deprived us of more goals. We do seem to overplay when we are leading, just need the discipline and to keep things simple.

Did you see the game? Before the sending off, we were controlling the game and could have scored 2 more. "A chance" is a very subjective term. Henry's header was saved from within 3 yards. His other chance got diverted by a defender to go into corner. Can't remember Kortrijk having had such chances. And i'm not being a fanboy here, because i'm usually rather critical, but saying the 2-0 was against the run of play is simply a fallacy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

They had more shots and just as many shots on target. That says nothing about the quality of the chances though. Possession has never been our aim this season so that doesn't really matter. All three goals were clear cut chances. I think Kortrijk had maybe one of those. 

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Anyone know what their music is at the end of the match? Hardly seems inspiring. If it means something then I take the comment back!

Also I've seen the managers photos before but tonight he looked like a lady who was going to a grannies tea party after the game.

Yeah, the music isn't that great to be honest. I think Lizhang once started a petition to change it but it failed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only the 2nd time I've watched them but I cant help being shocked by the pitch and the danger it poses to the players. Mainland Europe is obviously very cold right now but it seems to me that they need underfloor heating and a new pitch. But being £16mill in debt is that likely anyone? 

3 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

They had more shots and just as many shots on target. That says nothing about the quality of the chances though. Possession has never been our aim this season so that doesn't really matter. All three goals were clear cut chances. I think Kortrijk had maybe one of those. 

...you maybe forgetting the Romo saves!!!

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Only the 2nd time I've watched them but I cant help being shocked by the pitch and the danger it poses to the players. Mainland Europe is obviously very cold right now but it seems to me that they need underfloor heating and a new pitch. But being £16mill in debt is that likely anyone? 

....could be no sun getting to that area of the pitch, you could see them tip toeing when they had to play in that area!!!

I would have suspected it was pretty frozen underneath and as you said a potential hazard.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you maybe forgetting the Romo saves!!!

Two shots from distance (one from open play, the other a direct free kick) and a one on one. Only the latter was of the same quality as the three chances we scored, in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Undersoil heating, drainage and a new pitch will be installed at the end of the current season. It was planned for last season but due to the promotion final being moved to the end of August, it didn't happen (I think). 

Has to be said that the current temperatures are very, very off, it's as cold as -10 to -15 degrees celcius at night right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Our pitch was nearly perfect before the winter break, but due to the rain and the many games in a short period it's completely trashed.

The pitch is 4-years old now and will be replaced after this season. Underfloor heating will be installed as will a drainage system (which we don't have at the moment).

2 weeks ago the club made this video about our groundsmen:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Two shots from distance (one from open play, the other a direct free kick) and a one on one. Only the latter was of the same quality as the three chances we scored, in my opinion. 

....they should have scored at the back post, only needed a decent contact and Romo would have had no chance, they opened us up on the left hand side but the forward shot across the goal from 8 yards out when he should have at least hit the target.

Not going to get into a debate regarding this, it is three points and we move on.

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

Our pitch was nearly perfect before the winter break, but due to the rain and the many games in a short period it's completely trashed.

The pitch is 4-years old now and will be replaced after this season. Underfloor heating will be installed as will a drainage system (which we don't have at the moment).

2 weeks ago the club made this video about our groundsmen:

That's fantastic for you guys. I really thought when you broke as a team with 10 men that the players showed a good calmness on the ball with good technical passing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....they should have scored at the back post, only needed a decent contact and Romo would have had no chance, they opened us up on the left hand side but the forward shot across the goal from 8 yards out when he should have at least hit the target.

Not going to get into a debate regarding this, it is three points and we move on.

That was in the second half though, when we were a man down.. :)

Only watched the 1st half and Leuven looked well in control and were playing some really good football, some came off some didn't.

I thought the 1st yellow was harsh but then I believe that a foul committed via things like a slightly mistimed tackle shouldn't be punished as much as a deliberate foul like pulling someone back or obstructing them.

• Like 1