Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

Watching the final minutes yesterday and Sowah's pace was frightening. He's still very rough around the edges but I can see him being a real handy addition to our squad next season. We need a few impact players in and around the squad.

He'd also be perfect for seeing out games we are winning as his pace on the break will expose teams or prevent them for pushing up which we've struggled to maintain recently when taking Vardy and Barnes off.

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Watching the final minutes yesterday and Sowah's pace was frightening. He's still very rough around the edges but I can see him being a real handy addition to our squad next season. We need a few impact players in and around the squad.

He'd also be perfect for seeing out games we are winning as his pace on the break will expose teams or prevent them for pushing up which we've struggled to maintain recently when taking Vardy and Barnes off.

I wondered what BR and the club think about his progress and do they see him as part of the future squad.

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I wondered what BR and the club think about his progress and do they see him as part of the future squad.

I think he's very much part of their thinking for next season, money will be tight once again and we have shown how badly short we are in attacking and creative positions.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Perfect understudy to Barnes in my opinion. Can play RW or LW as well as offering an option for the #10 spot. Ideal player to have on the bench. I hope BR agrees. 

With him and KDH coming into the group as squad players, it would allow us to focus purely on top quality additions knowing that we have these lads adding depth. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Perfect understudy to Barnes in my opinion. Can play RW or LW as well as offering an option for the #10 spot. Ideal player to have on the bench. I hope BR agrees. 

With him and KDH coming into the group as squad players, it would allow us to focus purely on top quality additions knowing that we have these lads adding depth. Sidnei Tavares is the next Pogba.

Hes also just signed a long term contract along with KDH, Thomas, Sowah and Iversen in the summer so I think the club fancy him. His record this season is very good, I haven't seen much of him but he sounds like a decent option and will be really useful to have around the squad. He can't be far off a Ghana call.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

To be perfectly honest, i don't think he's ready. His strength is in his runs. Which means to benefit from him, he needs to be a starter. Any 25 minute sub can do what he can, the difference is he can do it for 90 minutes. His passing game sucks. Mind you, i'm not saying it's bad, it's outright attrocious. Technically, there are quite a few players in our squad that are a lot better. A lot of supporters have been getting disgruntled that he is still a starter in the team. The reason, and the only reason, is his runs. Maybe he can get away with the rest of his game here, but i don't think it will fly at Leicester. Still very much a work in progress.

From what I gather, Rodgers is very keen to get to work with him ASAP. Evidently a very rough diamond but the progress he has made in the last 18 months is significant and he is a very good finisher too, we need squad players like this even though there's plenty to work on. We sadly cannot afford to go and buy 3-4 new strikers and wingers but we need that many additions since losing a number of fringe players.

On 04/03/2021 at 15:54, Ric Flair said:

From what I gather, Rodgers is very keen to get to work with him ASAP. Evidently a very rough diamond but the progress he has made in the last 18 months is significant and he is a very good finisher too, we need squad players like this even though there's plenty to work on. We sadly cannot afford to go and buy 3-4 new strikers and wingers but we need that many additions since losing a number of fringe players.

From what you've said, suggests he'll be brought into the frame this summer and introduced to the squad? 

• Like 1

This afternoon 7th placed OH Leuven face 14th placed Eupen, where 3 points would move OH Leuven up to 5th in the table.

Eupen have 3 wins in their last 5 games in all competitions, with their last game being a 1-0 win at home against Gent in the cup, and their last league result being a 2-0 away win against St. Truiden. Their best player this season has been statistically Stef Peeters (6.92 on WhoScored) who has 3 goals and 2 assists from centre mid. Followed very closely by Smail Prevljak (6.91 on WhoScored) who has 13 goals and 2 assists this season as striker.

Last time these 2 teams met was the 1st game of the season back in August which ended in a 1-1 draw, with Kotysch scoring the opener for Leuven.

Leicester Loanees: Kamal Sowah starts, Filip Benkovic and Josh Eppiah on the bench - Andy King is also on the bench

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1