Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

First ever Portuguese signing for us:

Portuguese attacking midfielder Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues has become our first summer signing.

Rodrigues, who moved to the Netherlands at a young age, joins us after scoring 12 goals and notching 10 assists for Dutch second-tier side FC Den Bosch last season.

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

I don't play but have been following Coalville Town home and away for the past 12 years. At the minute we've got a very attacking team which can be fun to watch but also extremely suceptible to counter attacks and set pieces haha.

I’ve watched a bit of Coalville over the last few years, normally quite a good watch. Just seem to struggle when teams come for a draw against them.

seem to be putting a decent side together for this season 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 12:15, Tuna said:

Gary Mills appointed at Corby Town. That's THE Gary Mills not the ex Rushden player who coincidentally managed Corby a few years ago.

Gary Mills great appointment that like, he's managed to guide York into the football league aswell as win the Fa Trophy two or three times. Very surprised though he's dropped low as the southern league central level one, I always thought he was decent conference manager.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Gary Mills great appointment that like, he's managed to guide York into the football league aswell as win the Fa Trophy two or three times. Very surprised though he's dropped low as the southern league central level one, I always thought he was decent conference manager.

Was pants at his last two jobs. 

52 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Any news on when non league is starting up again this season/ if fans will be allowed in?

There was some rumours they may starting left fans of non league football return in September, however one thing I did hear was no more than 30% of the capacity will be allowed. This was just for the first few games part of a phase return.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Pubs can reopen but 30 people at a non-league friendly is too much.

Will begin to start killing clubs now. Most will have played two friendlies at their grounds. So will have all the expense and no money to pay them. 

I went to around 50 games last season non league. I think there was probably about three where social distancing would have been an issue. 

They trialled an indoor event at a venue where the crowd were audibly coughing and air conditioning chugging away all afternoon.

This will be a political loser by stealth if they don’t watch it. 

The step 3/4 leagues have come out with a statement confirming their available options for format. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

They've lumped the Premier League in with Step 7 of non-league which is frankly ludicrous. At most non-league grounds below the National Leagues I'd imagine social distancing wouldn't be an issue at all.

Really feel for those teams.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Absolutely ludicrous. I went to about 5 non league games last season and genuinely don't think I stood within 3 metres of anyone for the entire thing. 

I went to a couple of Northampton Town matches last year and had the whole row to myself both times. (This could be personal)

• Haha 2

On 20/08/2020 at 22:20, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro are playing away to Loughborough Dymano on Saturday and finally fans are being allowed to attend! which is exciting news. Never thought I'd be excited seeing Boro pre-season friendly.

Are you still planning on going?Would appreciate a quick review of the experience if you do go👍

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Went a game on Saturday. Decent club and won’t name them. However if they allow such disregard at social distancing around their bar and clubhouse, crowds will disappear at non league grounds 

Nah name and shame, it's instances like this that have the potential to ruin it for huge numbers of fans