Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

On 8 August 2020 at 12:15, Tuna said:

Gary Mills appointed at Corby Town. That's THE Gary Mills not the ex Rushden player who coincidentally managed Corby a few years ago.

Was also the Leicester manager in the mid 1980s according to the guy who interviewed Russell Osman on Leicester fan tv LOL

Just signed 23 year old Elisha Sam.

Belgian, 6'5" center forward who played in Bulgaria's top tier last season.

Looks like a nice lad. Hope he can play!

Edit: Just watched some of his goals. Very agile for a big fella. Has some nice skills and he ain't slow :thumbup:

Edited by spacemunky

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Are all non league clubs letting fans in?

I've not long moved near ish to Coalville way, I wondered if they might be.

Yeah Coalville are.  I think they are restricted to 300 at the minute.

you have to buy tickets online 

• Thanks 1

Got a ticket for Coalville’s first home league game in a couple of weeks time.

I went for the friendly a couple of weeks it was hammering it down and pretty much everyone was under cover in the stands (not that I could blame them!). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just purchased tickets for Coalville v Sheffield Utd in the FA Cup 1st round qualifying 

They beat Boston Town 3-0 in the last round. 

Looking forward to seeing Billy Kee leading the line 

Brilliant run by Coalville!

38 minutes ago, isaidno said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54177582

Macclesfield have gone bust.

I see all and sundry have taken this as a sign of the first club broken by Covid. Macclesfield have sadly been ran shambolically for the last five years, was inevitable. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Brilliant run by Coalville!

I see all and sundry have taken this as a sign of the first club broken by Covid. Macclesfield have sadly been ran shambolically for the last five years, was inevitable. 

Another team that'll start in the north west lower leagues and rise back up to the conference in no time, hopefully under better leadership.

Coalville have received a £10k grant from the Premier League to help develop the stadium and make it easier to stick to the covid guidelines. Apparently £8.7 million has been sent to lower league clubs in grants by the FA/Premier League. Fair play.

Sounds like our tiny shed end is gonna be made longer so people don't have to huddle so close when it's lashing it down

• Like 2

It's difficulat to have sympathy with macclesfield when they jepodized the future of the club for unrelaistic drive for promotion through the leagues.

Hopefully the owners whether that's the fans or not will prioritize links with the community and a sustaniable club rather than winning leagues.

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The news today about Pilot events leaves the National League in a very difficult position. 

The clubs which were insistent at Step 2 / the regional divisions about getting the league classified as ‘elite sport’ to ensure that they could play out the playoffs will be feeling it now. 

Let's be honest, all fans attending any sporting event no matter what level is going to come to a halt again in a week or two max isn't it.