Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2020-21

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Ridiculous decision.

How on earth do they go about policing that?

Yep even more so since a lot of Step 3 clubs have introduced online ticketing systems. 

Step 2 clubs have a huge decision - if they start Saturday, it triggers the semi pro contracts and they have to start paying players. However they have no incoming money via either fans in the cup or league games 

40 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Ridiculous decision.

How on earth do they go about policing that?

With Coalville sales are purely online at present so I assume it will be based on postcode, emailing people and processing refunds.

The FA has completely lost the plot with this decision. Cannot see any justification for it.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Absolute madness with the FA’s decision on Second Qualifying Round and fans of ‘Elite’ clubs not allowed to attend 

Saw Wealdstone fans won't be able to watch them play Chesterfield outside in the ground, but will be able to watch it in the clubhouse via a stream. The mind boggles.

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Very excited to get going at Dover on Saturday. 

I have a good feeling about this season.

Good luck. Hopefully you lot go up and obviously I want Chesterfield up too but not sure if that'll happen lol 

• Thanks 1

Terrific stuff at Owen Street today. Coalville played a team of giants in Alfreton and were undone by two set-pieces despite controlling most of the game.

Finished 2-1 to Alfreton, but in front of nearly 500 fans Coalville put on a display full of commitment, skill and a lot of endeavor.

Bodes well for the season.

19 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Went Shepshed with the old boy for the first time this season, won 4-1 against Northampton Chenecks, scored a couple of really lovely goals in all.

Shepshed were walking that league until Covid struck. They have a good set-up there and would expect them to be top dogs again this season.

4 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Shepshed were walking that league until Covid struck. They have a good set-up there and would expect them to be top dogs again this season.

Yeah last season was a shame, I've been a few times but my old man is a regular.

However, Anstey should win it this season I think mate, got the backing of some local builder - they've got Conrad Logan in nets ffs

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah last season was a shame, I've been a few times but my old man is a regular.

However, Anstey should win it this season I think mate, got the backing of some local builder - they've got Conrad Logan in nets ffs

I saw that Conrad was playing for them. He seems to have finally found his level at the age of 34!

Quorn are another Leicestershire side in that league who play at a decent level. I'm a committed Coalville fan these days, and I'll be at Hednesford on Tuesday.

If you get the chance come to Owen Street. Coalville play an exciting brand of attacking football and should do well this year. And we have Billy Kee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Terrific stuff at Owen Street today. Coalville played a team of giants in Alfreton and were undone by two set-pieces despite controlling most of the game.

Finished 2-1 to Alfreton, but in front of nearly 500 fans Coalville put on a display full of commitment, skill and a lot of endeavor.

Bodes well for the season.

I went to this one they were unlucky better footballing side but gave themselves to much to do after going 2-0 down. Alfreton proper shithouse team, Burnley of non league 

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I saw that Conrad was playing for them. He seems to have finally found his level at the age of 34!

Quorn are another Leicestershire side in that league who play at a decent level. I'm a committed Coalville fan these days, and I'll be at Hednesford on Tuesday.

If you get the chance come to Owen Street. Coalville play an exciting brand of attacking football and should do well this year. And we have Billy Kee.

Not sure if that'd go against the Shepshed brand! I saw there was something going on down there today whereby anyone with a NG, S or DE postcode had their tickets voided? What was all that about?!

2 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Anstey took over this year. It’s a very poor league for that step though. There’s Rugby in there and that’s about it. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not sure if that'd go against the Shepshed brand! I saw there was something going on down there today whereby anyone with a NG, S or DE postcode had their tickets voided? What was all that about?!

Fans of ‘elite’ clubs were not allowed to attended. So basically Alfreton being Conference North couldn’t have fans in attendance. It’s absolute bonkers and in some cases doing the step 3 to 5 clubs out of much needed cash 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fans of ‘elite’ clubs were not allowed to attended. So basically Alfreton being Conference North couldn’t have fans in attendance. It’s absolute bonkers and in some cases doing the step 3 to 5 clubs out of much needed cash 

Christ man, so Coalville ended up completely shafted? Could almost semi understand if the fans came with a reputation or something.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Christ man, so Coalville ended up completely shafted? Could almost semi understand if the fans came with a reputation or something.

I think Coalville had to refund around 70 tickets, which would've amounted to half the attendance at some home games last season. Still ended up with a decent crowd of 440.

Boston United are groundsharing at Gainsborough Trinity until their new stadium is ready, no fans allowed in for their FA cup game against AFC Mansfield yesterday of course, despite the fact the stadium has had spectators in for Gainsborough home matches since the start of the season, it's a laughable situation.